Championship EL Classico 04th January 2020

Village elder

Good hard fought game of football by probably the two best teams in the league. First half I thought the nauld shaded it but due to a truly class goal by a class player they were 0-1 at the break. Utd had the best of the chances in that first half but failed to capitalise on their play. Second half Darvel started the brighter and had chances to go further ahead. Cumbernauld then made a couple of subs and rallied again creating some golden chances of their own. About ten mins to go and the match still very much in the balance, Utd shot themselves in the foot with a bizarre own goal which effectively ended the game. 

Ultimately we missed the creativity of young Jack Harrison today as we had nothing on our right side going forwards. Tony, C-Hall and our midfield three all did well today. For Darvel Miller, Meggat and Grant were the standouts for me. Also well done to the Darvel support who were noisy but well behaved. Special mention to Meggats I assume dad who certainly expressed his love anytime the boy went near the ball. 

2 hours ago, lokforever said:

Was just going to ask if anyone filmed it, cheers mate! Good win but still think some of the darvel crowd over praise what's a pretty average style of play. Honestly think I'm in store for a Klopp meets zidane pressing and passing master class every week. 

Edited by Killiepiyo

Thanks for the input big chap [emoji8]

Was just going to ask if anyone filmed it, cheers mate! Good win but still think some of the darvel crowd over praise what's a pretty average style of play. Honestly think I'm in store for a Klopp meets zidane pressing and passing master class every week. 

I was there today thought it was a scrappy game on not a great surface so was always going to be not the prettiest to watch but I thought darvel edged it, darvel did well at stopping cumbernauld from playing by pressing high and quick and gave cumbernauld not much chance to get into any sustained rhythm of play, a result darvel deserved I thought and a huge result today for them on there push for the title 

Just now, Longshanks66 said:

Explain please emoji4.png

Let down really, think I'm not alone in observing some posters on here go on and on about their brilliant style of football in comparison to 'hoof ball' played by Talbot and others. What I see in the highlights is no better than any of premiership sides? Not taking away from winning games, no easy, just not blown away as suggested on here and it would be better the praise coming from elsewhere surely? 

Did you attend the game at the start of the season? The intention is to play football on the deck at all times, narrowly beaten but lesson learned, maybe see you sometime in the future tho, good luck for the rest of your campaign [emoji106]

Let down really, think I'm not alone in observing some posters on here go on and on about their brilliant style of football in comparison to 'hoof ball' played by Talbot and others. What I see in the highlights is no better than any of premiership sides? Not taking away from winning games, no easy, just not blown away as suggested on here and it would be better the praise coming from elsewhere surely? 

16 minutes ago, Longshanks66 said:

Did you attend the game at the start of the season? The intention is to play football on the deck at all times, narrowly beaten but lesson learned, maybe see you sometime in the future tho, good luck for the rest of your campaign emoji106.png

Yeah but was more of a preseason game in all honesty so didnt read too much into it, no taking away from effort of either side. Watch the darvel highlights when they are up and think the key is flexibility of play imo. Definitely mate, looking like it will be two games at least next season all continuing to go well. 

Agree pal, yes good test, a few key players out and not had anything continous. Sorted now tho old boy n lookin no too bad [emoji4]

Yeah but was more of a preseason game in all honesty so didnt read too much into it, no taking away from effort of either side. Watch the darvel highlights when they are up and think the key is flexibility of play imo. Definitely mate, looking like it will be two games at least next season all continuing to go well. 

4 minutes ago, manofthematch said:

Took a friend to this game today and was left a bit flat by the game.

Certainly didn't see the best of cumbernauld otherwise they would have taken something out the game.

Darval did a job what more can you say pretty decent team in junior terms but you get the feeling the newbies who are from amateur football and those who hadn't been seen for decades around the place are getting far to carried away and naive to the way of junior football.

Incidentally who are darval paying to do twitter nowadays???

For years it was basic but did the job now it's just a cringe fest blowing smoke up the manager and chairman's arse. All a bit pathetic.

Newbies from amateur football who are used to being top of the league are guess what top of a right competitive junior league and the fans have every right to be excited at what’s happening doon the brae , As for the boy doing the twitter page he’s doing as good a job as the team on the park