January Transfer Window 2020

On 31/12/2019 at 03:55, Jan Vojáček said:

Are they confirmed as returning to their parent clubs?

Munro loan ends 1/1/20, but neither Ross nor Raith have made any statement.

Gullan loan ends 1/6/20, but neither Hibs nor Raith have made any statement.

Baird’s contract expires 1/1/20, no statement from Baird or Raith.

A couple of weeks ago it had been posted by someone who is usually pretty reliable that Blair Lyons would be joining us for an agreed fee, would be loaned back to Montrose along with Senna and a couple of promising youth players too.

now looking press reports linking Lyons with Aberdeen, Dundee United, St Mirren, Dundee and Falkirk.  Really can’t see us competing financially with those teams sadly.  If it was a case of the deal had nearly been done but had not quite been signed off at Firhill then it’s best pretty remiss of someone at the club (I’m guessing Gerry Britton possibly). Though that is a big if.

Edited by third lanark

What is the rules over player loans now, thought the other season a player could only go on loan to one club a season away from their parent club. Think when we had Ryan Dow his only option was either to continue his loan with us or return to Ross County, has this changed now.

26 minutes ago, third lanark said:

A couple of weeks ago it had been posted by someone who is usually pretty reliable that Blair Lyons would be joining us for an agreed fee, would be loaned back to Montrose along with Senna and a couple of promising youth players too.

now looking press reports linking Lyons with Aberdeen, Dundee United, St Mirren, Dundee and Falkirk.  Really can’t see us competing financially with those teams sadly.  If it was a case of the deal had nearly been done but had not quite been signed off at Firhill then it’s best pretty remiss of someone at the club (I’m guessing Gerry Britton possibly). Though that is a big if.

I doubt we could afford a fee for him as we are skint. Plus with Johnstone away n Miller registered as a player, allied to the fact we already have Sammon, McManus and McMillan I doubt we will be signing another striker. 

What is the rules over player loans now, thought the other season a player could only go on loan to one club a season away from their parent club. Think when we had Ryan Dow his only option was either to continue his loan with us or return to Ross County, has this changed now.
Must of changed as Da vita was on loan at partick now at us on loan

6 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
19 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Presume so, we also had the carry on last season with Clyde bringing  back one of their own players outwith the window I think.  Was it Morton that signed a player a couple years back that they could not play until the following window had passed. Certainly something that clubs need to keep on top of.

1 minute ago, peternapper said:

Presume so, we also had the carry on last season with Clyde bringing  back one of their own players outwith the window I think.  Was it Morton that signed a player a couple years back that they could not play until the following window had passed. Certainly something that clubs need to keep on top of.

The one and only Micheal Tidser.

16 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:
29 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Players can play for two clubs in a single season. I'm assuming De Vita hasn't played a minute for Livingston hence why he can play for Thistle and Falkirk.

It was why we got to keep Dom Thomas last season, because he'd already played a few minutes for Killie last season so his options were 90 minutes every week with us, or being sat in the stand at Rugby Park.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Players can play for two clubs in a single season. I'm assuming De Vita hasn't played a minute for Livingston hence why he can play for Thistle and Falkirk.

It was why we got to keep Dom Thomas last season, because he'd already played a few minutes for Killie last season so his options were 90 minutes every week with us, or being sat in the stand at Rugby Park.

Aye he was on the bench twice for Livi in the league cup but not a minute played.

Aye unfortunately cant play against rangers or obviously Falkirk. Could have done with him at Ibrox.

Trust me jobber Johnstone would not make any sort of difference whatsoever.

Any ability he had is long gone now with his injuries.

3 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Jamie Gullan been recalled by Hibs after the game this weekend.

Ross Munro been extended til the end of the season.

John Baird here til the end of the season as well now

No links to validate, however, Raith Rovers F.C. Official Pages show Munro and Baird contracted through May 2020...so no changes there.

Gullan is out for now, back to Hibs. https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/raith-rovers-blow-as-top-scorer-jamie-gullan-to-return-to-hibs-1-5069382

No links to validate, however, Raith Rovers F.C. Official Pages show Munro and Baird contracted through May 2020...so no changes there.
Gullan is out for now, back to Hibs. https://www.fifetoday.co.uk/sport/football/raith-rovers/raith-rovers-blow-as-top-scorer-jamie-gullan-to-return-to-hibs-1-5069382

That same article has Munro and Baird extending as well