St Johnstone v Greenock Morton, Saturday 18/01/20

PauloPerth

If Morton score first it could be interesting.

We have a 2018/19-Dundee-esque habit of conceding first when we’ve been the better side. It is not a good thing. Fortunately we’ve actually managed to arrest the problem a few times which Dundee were rarely able to do last season. But in other games we’ve just thrown it in the bin after going behind.

Essential we score first, and ideally early on.

Boozers for Morton fans:

Dickens first. 5 minute walk into town from the train station. Has a jukey and decent whisky selection from what I can remember.

Royal Bar next. Traditional old man boozer, nothing too exciting but worth stopping by for a pint for a look.

Then head to the King James. It’s a straight walk from Royal Bar through town, probably about a 10 minute walk. You’ll pass Sandeman on the way which is a shite chain pub. I had food there over Christmas and it was diabolical. Would not recommend. Walk past Sandeman and head to King James. It’s a small pub with plenty tv’s to watch the football, a pool table and a jukey. For me it’s the best pub in Perth just now. I believe they also do food as well although I’ve never tried it.

Once you’re done walk back in the direction of whence you came and head into mill street where the buses are. Taxi rank is there outside the cinema for getting to McDiarmid.

My names Jama and I’ve been your trip planner today, if you have any further queries then please don’t hesitate to ask.

1 hour ago, AyrshireTon said:

Are we behind the goal, in the main stand or being treated to three stands like the two cheeks will be?

We’ve taken the roof off the stand, replaced the seats with hard wooden benches and are making you pish against a wall in the rain, just to make you feel at home..

It’ll be the away end of the Main Stand as Tam says, unless you’re bringing more than 800 up?

52 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

We’ve taken the roof off the stand, replaced the seats with hard wooden benches and are making you pish against a wall in the rain, just to make you feel at home..

It’ll be the away end of the Main Stand as Tam says, unless you’re bringing more than 800 up?

Can you arrange another one of those traffic jams that has the game kick off at 4pm? That was a great day out, watching your players warm up periodically for over an hour or so.

500 is the most we’ll bring. Don’t think we even took that to Hibs in the LC and that was when most of us were optimistic about the season.

On 08/01/2020 at 21:59, invergowrie arab said:

I havent tried the golf theme bar

Fucking golf theme bar :lol:

I've heard about this. That's the closest I'll be getting.  

4 hours ago, TheGoon said:

Have we played you competitively since the League Cup game in 13/14 at Cappielow? That retaken free kick still annoys me a great deal. 

I forgot how raging Morton fans were about that. 

A free taken 50 yards from goal, gets moved to 47 yards from goal, the keeper somehow cant save the shot from it and spills it into the six yard box and its tapped in. 

Refs helping Saints out, seemingly.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Seeing as the squad is completely injury free, yet Matty Kennedy didnt train, I assume hes the only one who'll be ruled out for this.

Morton, I think, have played 4-4-2 in their latest run of form. 

Do we match them up, and give our strikers (none of whom play great as lone strikers) a chance? Or try and dominate the midfield with five in there?

I'd be tempted by having Hendry and May up front, with Wotherspoon and Wright/MOH either side of any two from Davidson, McCann and Holt. If we do go with a lone striker, then MOH and Wright either side of May on his own.

12 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

I assume we'll announce the minutes silence/applause for Bobby Brown about 2pm tomorrow.

It'll be by tannoy about 30 seconds before it starts!

The OF have a lot to answer for in Scottish football, and the minutes applause is right up there. I despise standing clapping someone who has died, what's wrong with a proper respectful minutes silence like we always used to do?  Thousands of people in the same place standing silently feels respectful, a minute's applause is weird.