St Johnstone v Greenock Morton, Saturday 18/01/20

PauloPerth

Morton's recent good form, our lack of match sharpness, our unpredictable and overall poor season ... have to admit I'm a bit nervous going into this.

Hope I'm way wide of the mark, and we get a comfortable win, but right now I feel any kind of Saints victory on Saturday is an acceptable result!

On 30/12/2019 at 13:11, AsimButtHitsASix said:

When the draw happened I was fairly happy with playing, possibly, the worst St. Johnstone team in a decade. I think they're unbeaten since the draw. I doubt we'll win before this fixture.

Well we have managed three wins so not as dark as if looked.

Honestly we have been up against teams who can't defend and aren't that sharp up front if we get a draw it will be a great result.

Don't expect St legend Cris M to play , maybe a wave to his adoring fans from the subs bench.

Dreading this slightly less after our recent improved form. If the team that ended the game on Saturday turns up, we’ll cause problems and could definitely take something from it. If it’s the one that started the game however, we’ll lose comfortably. 

Millar can’t start. I’m sure that won’t go over well with him but we’re simply a better team without him.

9 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

This is going to be death by Ainsley Harriott if we lose isn't it?!!

Aye.

It wouldnt really be a shock at all though, we've had a wee upturn in form but that's almost entirely due to playing an absolutely rancid Hearts side. We absolutely battered Ross County and still could've lost the game.

Morton have nothing to fear. We dont score, we've been on holiday for the past 3 weeks, and our most creative player has just signed a contract elsewhere and is probably going to spend the game, if he even plays, getting pelters from our own fans.

Feels like a stick on draw.

Edited by RandomGuy.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

@tree house tam  In the past 8 months we’ve beaten Hearts, Hamilton and Brechin.  Hopeful we’ll get the win, but we’re not a team you’d put your mortgage on right now!

Supremely confident.

What realistically could go wrong Paulo? Do Morton even have any decent players?

Honestly we have been up against teams who can't defend and aren't that sharp up front if we get a draw it will be a great result.

Anyone read this and think of saints? [emoji23]

Whilst we look better defensively, we just don’t score goals! I’d like to see Hendry given a shot up top in this one, he’s got to learn to start games.

I’d also play Kennedy, more just to screw Aberdeen over and make it clear we’re not letting him go this window.

Fully expect a routine home win.

We have picked up a few decent results recently, but they were against part time sides and a Pars team who has lost 4 on the bounce. We were awful against Partick.

Saints have turned the corner, undefeated in 5 and at home, they will be far too strong for us.

3-1.

6 hours ago, madton said:

Saints have turned the corner, undefeated in 5

0-0 v Kilmarnock, 1-0 v Hearts, 0-0 v St Mirren, 1-0 v Hamilton, 1-1 v Ross County.

Its hardly scintillating stuff. And its also against the 5 worst sides in the league, besides ourselves. Is 2 wins and 3 goals scored against the worst sides in the league, over 5 games, a great record?

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

0-0 v Kilmarnock, 1-0 v Hearts, 0-0 v St Mirren, 1-0 v Hamilton, 1-1 v Ross County.

Its hardly scintillating stuff. And its also against the 5 worst sides in the league, besides ourselves. Is 2 wins and 3 goals scored against the worst sides in the league, over 5 games, a great record?

Didn't say it was a great record but it's a better run of form than at any other point this season. Going 5 games unbeaten after losing 5 of your previous 9 tells me you have turned the corner, even if you don't believe you have.

Are you worried about Saturday?

17 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

While we’re playing ‘no, we’re shiter’, our own recent improvement with 3 wins in 4 was 2-0 v Alloa, 1-2 v Partick, 2-1 v Arbroath & 3-2 v Dunfermline.

Following a run of 5 defeats in 6 with that isn’t necessarily a sign we’ve turned the corner and are about to move clear of relegation ourselves, particularly when we lost to one of them. Despite 3 wins in 4 aganist our fellow relegation battlers, it’d still be a big shock for us to go to any top flight side and win.