Rovers v Peterhead - welcome to 2020

Did not realise at the time it was the same guy that eventually got sent off that was involved in a far worse challenge that went unpunished the forearm smash on Paddy Boyle which merited a straight red. Paddy is expected to be out for a few weeks after requiring 11 internal stiches in his face.

I suspect you took this from Jim McInally’s nonsense after the game, where he said McKay went unpunished for the challenge, even though it was a different player (Jamie Watson) who was booked. McInally also claimed the penalty was for two Peterhead players shoving each other.

Very strange lies, easily disproven but maybe gives an excuse in the local rag when most Peterhead fans won’t have been at the game.

44 minutes ago, Alyn Stevenson said:
47 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Did not realise at the time it was the same guy that eventually got sent off that was involved in a far worse challenge that went unpunished the forearm smash on Paddy Boyle which merited a straight red. Paddy is expected to be out for a few weeks after requiring 11 internal stiches in his face.

Wasn’t the same player, Watson was the one who collided with Boyle and was booked at the time for the foul.

Was barely a foul. Wasn't like Watson could have gotten out the way of the boy.

44 minutes ago, Paco said:

I suspect you took this from Jim McInally’s nonsense after the game, where he said McKay went unpunished for the challenge, even though it was a different player (Jamie Watson) who was booked. McInally also claimed the penalty was for two Peterhead players shoving each other.

Very strange lies, easily disproven but maybe gives an excuse in the local rag when most Peterhead fans won’t have been at the game.

It was in todays P&J but I stand corrected on the player involved who did it seem pick up a yellow for it which I did not notice in the heat of the moment, still think a straight red would  have been merited more so having seen Mr Ross in action too often.

That’s a cracking level of f**k ups for one interview. As you say, perhaps deliberate as to distract from the fact that Peterhead were well beaten. If not, a bit worrying that a manager can stand so close to the action and get so many details utterly incorrect.

It's the P&J article that has McKay supposedly guilty and unpunished. The PFC website has it as Watson and a yellow.

https://www.peterheadfc.com/news/item/2774-paddy-boyle-injured-against-raith-rovers

He did also say that the penalty was for Lyle pushing Boyle. However it was Boyle that pushed Baird possibly as a result of Boyle being pushed into Baird by Lyle.

Seems McInally's sight might be going. He appears to think that some of our squad are decent players. 🤔

5 hours ago, peternapper said:

It was in todays P&J but I stand corrected on the player involved who did it seem pick up a yellow for it which I did not notice in the heat of the moment, still think a straight red would  have been merited more so having seen Mr Ross in action too often.

Pick up McInally and take him with you on your upcoming trip to Specsavers, you both clearly need prescriptions.

I was middle to left of the south stand and it was a clash nothing more or less and to be brutally honest if anything the attacking player ran into Watson. There was certainly no suggestion of a forearm smash (as described elsewhere), that is pure and utter fantasy.

11 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Pick up McInally and take him with you on your upcoming trip to Specsavers, you both clearly need prescriptions.

I was middle to left of the south stand and it was a clash nothing more or less and to be brutally honest if anything the attacking player ran into Watson. There was certainly no suggestion of a forearm smash (as described elsewhere), that is pure and utter fantasy.

So Paddy Boyle our Left Back was attacking when floored just outside our own 18 yard box, pity it did not make the highlights package which are very good by the way.

53 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If were talking about the incident where the Peterhead player had to leave the pitch with a facial injury,total accidental collision and didnt even think it merited a yellow.I was right in line with the incident

That was the incident, thought it was by far the worst challenge in the game and at the very least reckless whether meant or not it certainly caused a serious injury requiring 11 internal stiches.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

So Paddy Boyle our Left Back was attacking when floored just outside our own 18 yard box, pity it did not make the highlights package which are very good by the way.

Sorry I meant to write opposing not attacking, given that your left back ran into our right back the point still remains it was accidental.

26 minutes ago, peternapper said:

That was the incident, thought it was by far the worst challenge in the game and at the very least reckless whether meant or not it certainly caused a serious injury requiring 11 internal stiches.

Utter tosh!

Like Rovers_Lad I was only 20 yards away and had an excellent view, it was barely a foul the Peterhead player ran into Watson, if anything it was clumsiness from Boyle although I freely admit Watson may no real effort to get out of the guys way, do you think he should have? An "after you Claude" gesture thrown in perhaps?

Edited by Scottydog

29 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Looking at it side on from the main stand, Boyle ran into Watson who was standing in front of him.

Fair fucks to the boy if he can do that much damage with a two step run up.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Didnt see it as  a challenge as such or reckless,it was an accidental collision akin to a couple of guys running into each other.Yes it did cause a serious injury which was obvious at the time.

Anyone,done a dusted now and hope the player makes a quick recovery