Rovers v Peterhead - welcome to 2020

1 minute ago, Frank conner said:
47 minutes ago, TxRover said:
The first yellow was quite soft, the second yellow was never a yellow and barely a whistle. Davo in for McKay next week, solves the question.

The first was soft the second was a defo yellow it was very badly timed challenge. Cant believe fans were clapping him off for being that daft.

Disagree...robust 50/50 as others had been, in my opinion...but that’s why we have knowledgeable referees like Mr. Aitkin!

Would have said the first was a stick on booking from what we've seen the past few weeks. Second looked soft but leading with your arm will always give the ref a decision to make. Clapping a player who's been sent off is an absolute bug bear of mine.

Don't think we looked like losing that game at all today. Fair play to the Peterhead 'keeper, he kept them in the game in the first half. Another win and another game closer to the end of the season while still top. Lots to be positive about.

First yellow looked soft,second looked a stick on,attempted a challenge for a ball he was never going to get near never mind win.Mind you cant remember him winning a high ball all game

Like others ,why do supporters applaud a player thats been red carded?

Game should have been over by half time and nobody could have complained if we had went in 4 or 5 up

Second half was a dour affair 

It’s good to get the decade off to a good start. We’ve won the opening league game of the last couple of decades too, so just continuing the good work.

Watson looks more comfortable at right back than at left back. Tait did will until he ran out of steam.

McKay needs to work on how he attacks high balls. First yellow was a ‘take one for the team’ professional foul to stop a Peterhead attack. Second was a clumsy aerial challenge but the ref thought it was a booking and off he went.

We should have been out of sight by that stage but we had a penalty saved, passed up numerous great balls into the box, and when we did get a shot on target their ‘keeper was there to save.

It was a bit nervy for the fans after McKay was sent off but to the players credit they managed the game well and got us the 3 points which keep us top of the league.

Don’t know how anyone can doubt McKay”s second booking soon as he done it I thought second yellow, stupid and unnecessary foul especially knowing his first one was on the soft side you would think he would know the ref was card happy. Mcglynn” s reluctance in fining players for poor conduct/ discipline is really hurting the team as most of the reds have been preventable IMO but then I’m not the manager however on a positive note really good 1st half performance and like what many have said Fleming was in superb form because it should have been about 4 in the first half another really good performance from Dylan Tait but Jamie Gullan is going to be a  huge miss as currently I don’t see any other player capable of replacing him

I actually think Watson, McKay and Tait have been stand out performers in the last few weeks. Watson’s ball down the channel for the 2nd goal was superb. I’m glad they have been finding confidence from a run in the team.

Don’t think it’ll be long until the sharks are circling for Tait.

53 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

It’s good to get the decade off to a good start. We’ve won the opening league game of the last couple of decades too, so just continuing the good work.

Watson looks more comfortable at right back than at left back. Tait did will until he ran out of steam.

McKay needs to work on how he attacks high balls. First yellow was a ‘take one for the team’ professional foul to stop a Peterhead attack. Second was a clumsy aerial challenge but the ref thought it was a booking and off he went.

We should have been out of sight by that stage but we had a penalty saved, passed up numerous great balls into the box, and when we did get a shot on target their ‘keeper was there to save.

It was a bit nervy for the fans after McKay was sent off but to the players credit they managed the game well and got us the 3 points which keep us top of the league.

Agree...Watson simply isn’t willing to use the left for crossing or much else, so he’s adrift at LB/LWB...McKay is benefitting immensely from the playing time...the penalty was a goal 80-90% of the time, we’ll placed to the outside, but low enough the keeper got to it. Fleming was standing on his head...three point’s the good, we’ll take it.

7 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

I actually think Watson, McKay and Tait have been stand out performers in the last few weeks. Watson’s ball down the channel for the 2nd goal was superb. I’m glad they have been finding confidence from a run in the team.

Don’t think it’ll be long until the sharks are circling for Tait.

If, I said if, we see promotion, Tait, Hendry and Bowie look to  be an excellent start for a Championship team, if they get playing time down the stretch and we don’t sell them due to our financials. If we don’t get promoted, I suspect all three will be playing elsewhere at a higher level.

First half, again, we were excellent. 4 or 5-1 would have been fair. Some of our passing play is a real joy to watch. 

2nd half was slower, but again we saw the game out. Need to see the 2nd yellow for Mckay again. 

Jamie Watson has impressed me alot. He's getting better with every game and now doesn't really look out of place at all. Tait also had a very good game, delighted to see him score. 

Hendry was unlucky. It was a perfectly good pen saved by a keeper on great form. 

Edited by CALDERON

Jamie Watson is a right back (and our back up at that) - I don't think it's really fair to expect much from him beyond the basics when he's forced to play at LB. It's not easy having to play on your weaker side and if he does that then it's job done as far as I'm concerned. 

Pleased to hear Watson has put in some good performances of late. He was struggling a bit and also being singled out by the opposition, so good to hear he's come onto a game. 

Edited by Michael W

38 minutes ago, Roath Raver said:

Our highlights are edited and will be on the Rovers' website at midnight. Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Good stuff back up the road a wee while ago but nobody around me knew what the pem had been given for. No arguing with the general thought that Rovers should probably have been 3 or 4 ahead at half time. First goal a cracking hit from the lad but again we had the ball and gave it away just outside our box rather than clearing our lines. Don't think we will have a 5th visit to Starks this year as the play offs may be a step too far for us, but if Raith can continue playing the way they did 1st half today they must be in with a decent chance of winning the league as they play good football. 

Good stuff back up the road a wee while ago but nobody around me knew what the pem had been given for. No arguing with the general thought that Rovers should probably have been 3 or 4 ahead at half time. First goal a cracking hit from the lad but again we had the ball and gave it away just outside our box rather than clearing our lines. Don't think we will have a 5th visit to Starks this year as the play offs may be a step too far for us, but if Raith can continue playing the way they did 1st half today they must be in with a decent chance of winning the league as they play good football. 
It was for a shove, when tait (I think) jamp and was pushed mid air. What's wrong with mccalister? Surprised he only got the last 20.

20 minutes ago, peternapper said:

A lot of teams (yourselves included) play good football in this league, some just slightly more clinically than others.

I thought peterhead changing tactics to shelling it to Rory when he came on was the wrong call.

5 minutes ago, grumswall said:
29 minutes ago, peternapper said:

It was for a shove, when tait (I think) jamp and was pushed mid air. What's wrong with mccalister? Surprised he only got the last 20.

Jamp,  FFS