Wildcard Weekend

lichtie23

Yeah, don't think anyone knew what to do. Seen folk go into detail on it and letter of the law it's a touchdown though it would have been very weird. Probably one of those things that will be re written in the off season. 

Officiating was wild all game though, the spot they gave Beasley for the first down at the end of normal time was miles short of a first down, and then in overtime the Texans should have had a delay of game on the 3rd and 18 immediately prior to the Watson miracle play (that said, playing prevent and letting them convert on 3rd and 18 FFS). The blindside block to knock the Bills out of FG range in overtime was soft as well. 

However, can't blame it all on the officials. Even in overtime, so many bad plays, like about 4 blockers missing one Texans player on the Allen screen run which turned a 10 yard plus play into a one yard one, never mind the Watson miracle play (which should still have been a sack as good as Watson is). Plus Allen playing like he had ADHD for the entire second half. 

Overall, heading in the right direction, 90 mil in cap space and 9 draft picks, but need to score more points next year and put teams away, it was OK this year against struggling teams as the defence would pick up the slack but against playoff calibre teams you're going to need to score more than 20 points to win more often than not. Average points for this season was 19.6 and think only 30 point plus game was vs miami. 

Was a moderate consolation to wake up and see the result from NE. The division might be a 3 way fight next year. 

Edited by Fuctifano

Called it a night half way through the third quarter and watched it back this morning. Would be great for the Brady, Bellicheck and the Patriots to just disappear for twenty years in the wilderness.

I had Titans to win, Henry over 88 yards and Michel over 62 yards. Fucking Michel got 61 yards. I also had a Bills and Titans double on. Sheeeeeeeeet.

Best bit of the night was seeing Belichick go mental as Vrabel deliberately took those delays of game. Especially after Belichick seemingly used the same tactic against Miami earlier in the season. Wonderful. Now, time to warm up a huge....

....GIRFUY.

F501EAFE-769A-43F5-8053-F3A27B75354D.jpeg

Edited by pozbaird

Best bit of the night was seeing Belichick go mental as Vrabel deliberately took those delays of game. Especially after Belichick seemingly used the same tactic against Miami earlier in the season. Wonderful. Now, time to warm up a huge....
....GIRFUY.

F501EAFE-769A-43F5-8053-F3A27B75354D.thumb.jpeg.509eaa10c2e362ae0ecee8f894aaf252.jpeg

He done it against us, not sure if he also did it against Miami, but at the time when he did it to us, they were up 33-0 IIRC, so literally just doing it to be a c**t. So he can absolutely wrap it clean round himself. Absolute w**k.

28 minutes ago, Mr. Brightside said:

He done it against us, not sure if he also did it against Miami, but at the time when he did it to us, they were up 33-0 IIRC, so literally just doing it to be a c**t. So he can absolutely wrap it clean round himself. Absolute w**k.

I thought the commentators said Miami, probably me not paying attention. It’s definitely a thing that needs changed, but as it stands, Vrabel played the system, just as Belichick did. I don’t like it, but unless the NFL change the rules, Vrabel was within his rights. The commentators were right though - was a risk, if the Patriots had managed a score. Vrabel would have needed the time he burned.

Worked out OK in the end though. I’m still recovering from the sight of Edelman re-arranging his meat & two veg on the sideline. No need for that Mr Cameraman!