Arbroath vs Morton

Dominated most of the game but giving morton a 2 goal lead is criminal and one we were never going to recover from. Having 2 strikers on the bench & not using any of them says it all. That said morton got a couple of lucky breaks at the back, keeper made a great save from JT and swankie went close at the end.

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

This league for you

Why you can't get too up or down after any result

Aye, true. I did however find it quite strange how quite so many Arbroath fans were so confident. We’ve been pretty crap, but it was almost as if most of your lot expected to just roll us over.

18 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Dominated most of the game but giving morton a 2 goal lead is criminal and one we were never going to recover from. Having 2 strikers on the bench & not using any of them says it all. That said morton got a couple of lucky breaks at the back, keeper made a great save from JT and swankie went close at the end.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

D43AE7B4-DD7F-4E24-B643-CB2AC6572640.gif

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

D43AE7B4-DD7F-4E24-B643-CB2AC6572640.gif.5182e2fe1b321ef27f1b5f6cb0f75b27.gif

Don't think anyone would've expected to roll you over anyway but we've had plenty of encouraging performances recently in tough games so if we'd kept that up then I would've fancied us too.

However it looks like games between the 2 of us are just scrappy battles, another really awful game of football there today, 3rd time this season

Awful. Spent 85 mins pointlessly punting the ball to no one then spent the 5 mins passing between our 2 centre half’s when everyone’s up front [emoji85][emoji23]

Praised little and TOB so much this season but there distribution today was awful.

Massive game next week and big result needed.

Great to see JT get minutes crazy to think he was probably our player most likely to score from coming off the bench. Attacking players are absolutely needed.

What happened?

I'm looking at the league table and for those Arbroath fans that don't look at the league you are now only 5 points of the bottom and yet this was supposed to be a sure 3 points today.

I'm sure I said earlier that if you are playing well, edging games with possession, but not taking the points you are in trouble.

Amazing analysis that mate thanks for your input

Today again showed up what has been obvious since pretty much the start of the season, we need a proper striker up front who knows how to score goals. We rely far too heavily on Bobby Linn to score as well as create chances. 

Overall Morton probably deserved the win and although we started well lack of pace at the back caused us problems. Thought it might have been better to have Gold at right back and Whatley in midfield where he is more effective. Moton's second goal looked suspiciously offside, but the defence all slowed down expecting an offside decision whilst the Morton player just ran past the defence and the goal was given. Morton almost scored a couple of own goals from sliced clearances before Scott Stewart scored with a powerful header, but we didn't look like scoring again until near the end of the game. Their keeper made a good save, tipping a shot over the bar and a shot from Swankie drifting wide of the post.

A disappointing afternoon on a day when we should really have taken at least a point. Need to improve for next week to stop the slide down the league. Hard to say who was best for us, probably Virtanen who worked hard for the 90 odd minutes and McKenna who never stopped running for the whole game.

What happened?
I'm looking at the league table and for those Arbroath fans that don't look at the league you are now only 5 points of the bottom and yet this was supposed to be a sure 3 points today.
I'm sure I said earlier that if you are playing well, edging games with possession, but not taking the points you are in trouble.

When I looked at the league table and I saw that The Caley were clear in 2nd and Arbroath were a game away from the relegation play-offs I couldn’t believe it.

When I've checked the Arbroath v Morton thread and saw ICT fans posting in it I totally could believe it because they were absolutely raging last week and still clearly are

It must be a terrible situation that Celtic weren’t able to sooth your pain this week over Arbroath’s home pumping to a Morton rabble containing Cameron Blues. Meanwhile, The Caley are cruising in 2nd place after pumping Dundee at Dens. Unlucky, 1888Lichtie.

It must be a terrible situation that Celtic weren’t able to sooth your pain this week over Arbroath’s home pumping to a Morton rabble containing Cameron Blues. Meanwhile, The Caley are cruising in 2nd place after pumping Dundee at Dens. Unlucky, 1888Lichtie.

Devastated mate [emoji1304]

40 minutes ago, Sir Tarmo Kink said:

Cruising in second place? Some achievement that 😳.

Acting like the big man now cause your team got a win today, still sad enough to come onto another forum , dafty