#FiverFootball QP Vs Stenny

14 minutes ago, Jedi said:

What is the normal pub of choice for Queens Park fans near Hampden?

The social club at Lesser Hampden. Failing that, you've got The Clockwork in Mount Florida or The Montford and The Beechwood off Aikenhead Road. 

Edited by an86

1 hour ago, Chester Desmond said:

Heard from a Hibs fan that he's off to Raith Rovers for the rest of the season.  Don't know how much truth there is in that.

Hibs Development Squad game v Brentford December 17. They play midweek and I think he's been playing with them all season as well as us, albeit it's only occasional fixtures they have. Interestingly, when he had a few games at RB for us generel opinion seemed to be it wasn't his best position.

image.png.f765354bf67beed859c18725083b2fe6.png

On 05/01/2020 at 13:36, The man with no name said:

When planning how best to take the club forward would you not firstly sort out your coaching side before turning attention to the playing side? Now that the coaching side has been sorted I imagine that the playing side will be addressed pretty quickly as the transfer window closes at the end of the month. 

I can't imagine any club having a complete squad overhaul in January so I imagine it will be strengthened by adding some players. Ray McKinnon said as much in his Sky interview. To help integration I hope every player is looked after.

Fair comment, but we can only sign players that are free, or we can pay a transfer fee for them. How about Mick Dunlop who is not getting a game at Peterhead and the big centre back, can't remember his name, who is at Dumbarton. In midfield  the wee guy  who scores goals galore from midfield. Alloa are sure to go down and might take the money for him now? Of course there is also the chance as someone else said of paying the wages of some loan players. Get on with it Ray

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

Fair comment, but we can only sign players that are free, or we can pay a transfer fee for them. How about Mick Dunlop who is not getting a game at Peterhead and the big centre back, can't remember his name, who is at Dumbarton. In midfield  the wee guy  who scores goals galore from midfield. Alloa are sure to go down and might take the money for him now? Of course there is also the chance as someone else said of paying the wages of some loan players. Get on with it Ray

I'd be surprised if the big Dumbarton centre-back wasn't on the list. Every week I'm amazed at how many high balls our centre-backs win in defence but can't get one on target from a corner. And we badly need a leader. As for the Alloa man, dropping two leagues is a big ask especially when he's still cracking them in. But he'd definitely make a difference. Both would.

18 hours ago, an86 said:

The social club at Lesser Hampden. Failing that, you've got The Clockwork in Mount Florida or The Montford and The Beechwood off Aikenhead Road. 

Cheers. Hoping for another visit next season (assuming no Cup replay first!), so will try and drop in then.

1 hour ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I'd be surprised if the big Dumbarton centre-back wasn't on the list. Every week I'm amazed at how many high balls our centre-backs win in defence but can't get one on target from a corner. And we badly need a leader. As for the Alloa man, dropping two leagues is a big ask especially when he's still cracking them in. But he'd definitely make a difference. Both would.

Unlikely we'll get anyone who is getting a regular game during this window. I'm not sure on the fitness status of Mick Dunlop, but as Dooflick said he's definitely not getting his game at Peterhead. A long way to travel for little game time if he is fit. Could see how that one would make sense with the experience he has. Not sure how many promotions he's won, but it's a good number. Always talks his way through a game as well. 

As for Trouten, it's certainly possible. Alloa are likely going down and he's highly unlikely to go full-time in his 30s. The noises coming from the club suggest we'll be up there with the highest paying part-time clubs in the country. His entire stay at Brechin City was also under Ray McKinnon. He should be our number one target for the summer. 

I think flooding the squad with new faces would be a mistake, but if we could get three or four at a maximum, it could kick us on. Would say a striker is crucial because we'd be in major trouble if Sal gets an injury. A streetwise midfielder and another defender wouldn't hurt either. 

Edited by an86

Just watched the highlights and cannot help but wonder how we got nothing out of that with the chances we created and then you see Andy Munro being contantly caught out of position. Failed to track back with the runner for the first goal and then at the second misses a tackle near the halfway line and again fails to track back. A team playing with any confidence would have scored 4 or 5 of the chances.

During this transfer window players will be well aware of the fresh option that's appeared in QP. If the contracts, wages and bonuses are decent then who knows who we could get in.

Having said that there's a lot of good players in the current squad. Many could improve with good coaching and time to gain experience.

5 minutes ago, Lesser Is More said:

During this transfer window players will be well aware of the fresh option that's appeared in QP. If the contracts, wages and bonuses are decent then who knows who we could get in.

Having said that there's a lot of good players in the current squad. Many could improve with good coaching and time to gain experience.

My fear at the start of the season was a lack of experience and guys to dig us out of a bad run. It's not a bad group of players. You don't beat Queen of the South and Edinburgh City if you're mugs. It's just that bit of naivety and, in my opinion, lack of self-confidence at times. Need a few loud voices out there who are going to both encourage and boot some arses when it's called for. 

On 05/01/2020 at 13:08, spider1867 said:

The performance was really poor. A couple of decent goals. Good ball forward from midfield and billy took really well. And the 2nd was a good finish. Defensively we were all over the place. Finnie was the the best, Little and Foy were all over the place. Someone has to change the mentality of our players.  Foy never passes the ball he just punts it forward and very rarely to any of our players. Little is low on confidence. Jamieson is defo our best defender. I think we need a couple of defenders this month. The amount of times we had a free midfielder when defenders had ball was ridiculous and finnie was only one willing to pass.  Great seeing Billy get a game he gives a 100% every time. He had loads of space and used it well. Will be interesting to see what Ray does how he sets up and what style of football we play. We have some good footballers in the squad who need to be coached properly. 

Galt not being available was a big loss. Even when he allegedly isn't playing that well, he is always available to receive the ball, finds his man with a pass, and is willing to take players on. The two goals aside, our ball retention, passing, and creativity on Saturday was very poor. When Galt also missed the Edinburgh game, we replaced him with Purdue, another creative player, and we didn't feel his loss as much. Thankfully the new gaffer is already aware how important he is to the side (going by his post match interview)