#FiverFootball QP Vs Stenny

Enjoyed the day out. Best of luck to both sides for the rest of season (apart from the Cup game of course ) [emoji846]

Glad you enjoyed your visit. A fiver was a fair price for the quality of play on offer. McKinnon will need a Harry Potter’s wand for us to cause Killie real problems but we’ll try and make a game of it.

On 03/01/2020 at 16:01, Bring Your Own Socks said:

I think the Pro thing has been badly handled by the club. I was speaking to one of the players before the game, as I walked through the car park, on my way up to the social club  and he told me that the club had not spoken to any of them with regards to a Pro contract and that there was a feeling that maybe they were all on their way out.

If that is true I am very surprised.

Edited by Dooflick

Probably one of our poorest home performances of the season, but we've not ground out a win after not playing well in ages. That's a big positive. Jamieson and Galt were always going to be missed as well. 

I'd be surprised if we didn't sign anyone this week. 

Hopefully the players get a real kick from the new gaffer appointment. We performed very well at Ochilview so I’m expecting a QP win.
Make no mistake, if we don’t win this game or many in Jan, we’re in the dog fight.
I wonder if the chance to earn a professional contract will be in the players minds. Surely it would have been through the full of December too though 🥴
 Home win 2-1.

Called it! Did your coupon come up too?

I think the Pro thing has been badly handled by the club. I was speaking to one of the players before the game, as I walked through the car park, on my way up to the social club  and he told me that the club had not spoken to any of them with regards to a Pro contract and that there was a feeling that maybe they were all on their way out.

Disappointed to hear this. It would certainly explain the poor performances over Dec and yesterday. Why would a player battle for the jersey if they feel they’ll be shoved out the door?
Then again, is it perhaps risky business to offer some players contracts before others? Then those without would definitely be off.
Tricky to handle, not sure what’s the best solution.

1 hour ago, Dooflick said:

I cannot condone lack of communication but I would think Ray McK would have a big say in this. I think his appointment was planned some time back and events will now move at a faster pace. We do not need the false rumour factory to open up. I do have to say, 'though, that over the past 60 years the one common criticism I would have is that those who hold office within the club seem to have no clue/interest in their responsibility towards the support. The current committee is probably the most positive in that regard so far.

The performance was really poor. A couple of decent goals. Good ball forward from midfield and billy took really well. And the 2nd was a good finish. Defensively we were all over the place. Finnie was the the best, Little and Foy were all over the place. Someone has to change the mentality of our players.  Foy never passes the ball he just punts it forward and very rarely to any of our players. Little is low on confidence. Jamieson is defo our best defender. I think we need a couple of defenders this month. The amount of times we had a free midfielder when defenders had ball was ridiculous and finnie was only one willing to pass.  Great seeing Billy get a game he gives a 100% every time. He had loads of space and used it well. Will be interesting to see what Ray does how he sets up and what style of football we play. We have some good footballers in the squad who need to be coached properly. 

2 hours ago, Dooflick said:

When planning how best to take the club forward would you not firstly sort out your coaching side before turning attention to the playing side? Now that the coaching side has been sorted I imagine that the playing side will be addressed pretty quickly as the transfer window closes at the end of the month. 

I can't imagine any club having a complete squad overhaul in January so I imagine it will be strengthened by adding some players. Ray McKinnon said as much in his Sky interview. To help integration I hope every player is looked after.

I thought we were starting to pay our players at start of 2020/21 season. 

Is this correct or are we starting to pay in January.

I would imagine that current players would be offered pro contracts for next season to induce them to stay; that'll be the head coach's call but not until April / May. To offer some of them pro contracts for this season and not others would split the dressing room.

We will presumably be able to think about contributing to wages of potential loan players to their parent clubs, something we haven't done before. That would certainly extend our options.