Falkirk v Dumbarton

Guest Back Post Misses

Don’t want to be hyperbolic, but that may be the best individual performance I’ve seen this season. Not a foot wrong defensively and clever going forward. The rest were average, apart from McManus, who could be the difference in us winning the league or not 

You are being hyperbolic.

Some nice passages of play in the 2nd half, two of them resulting in really good goals. We need to do that on a consistent basis though which we haven't really managed all season. For example, I thought Sammon and McManus showed some good understanding between them but that doesn't happen often enough. I assume that M&M have been working on this sort of thing so maybe we'll see things improve on that front?

I thought Dixon was excellent, followed by McManus and then Gomis, Miller and Connolly. The rest were pretty average. 

Wee shout out for the dumbarton fan who won the spot the team in the south stand bar, won a falkirk tracksuit top but said to pick again and let a Falkirk fan win, well done by the guy :thumsup2

The actual game, 1st half not great, 2nd half very comfortable. Agree with a few on here, dixon looking much better.

Were it not for our paper-thin squad and injury list then we might have made more of a game of that. In the end though the only surprise was Falkirk not scoring 4 or 5.

Our squad situation is unsustainable. Pretty depressing given we’ve an important few matches coming up. 

Edited by George Parr

The difference with Dixon today, I think, was that he wasn't the focus of our attack. He had plenty of support out on that side with connolly and our right mid (?!) Telfer playing left of centre mid for a lot of the game. For me that meant he could stay in position better and only put in crosses when it was really on to do so. Credit to Dixon and the managers for this.

Hats off to McManus for a storming game.

Honourable mentions to Gomis and Miller who controlled the midfield, although Dumbarton clearly weren't at the races.

I thought Doyle had a good game too after a few shaky performances recently. Again, this could be down to him having less attacking responsibility.

I like MacMillan, but nothing stuck to him today. Even with Durnan being peak Durnan and volleying the ball off his own chest, I thought he was out weakest performer. Seems he can blow hot and cold.

Sammon played well when he came on, with the caveat again that it was against a piss poor side. He linked up well with McManus for the third but had a lot of time to pick out the pass. Prior to that, McManus burst through and failed to square it to sammon who had a tap in. Clearly irked, Sammon kicked the post, although McManus did apologise. Still in the cream puff 2 mins later Sammon goes through and had an opportunity to square to McManus, again for a tap in and failed to do so. IMO neither are particularly good at linking with others, but I think Sammon is the main culprit.

Were it not for our paper-thin squad and injury list then we might have made more of a game of that. In the end though the only surprise was Falkirk not scoring 4 or 5.
Our squad situation is unsustainable. Pretty depressing given we’ve an important few matches coming up. 
The most frustrating thing about it is that we actually find ourselves in a decent position given how average our squad looks. If we trundle through January without adding bodies we will completely undo all of our hard work.

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Wee shout out for the dumbarton fan who won the spot the team in the south stand bar, won a falkirk tracksuit top but said to pick again and let a Falkirk fan win, well done by the guy :thumsup2

The actual game, 1st half not great, 2nd half very comfortable. Agree with a few on here, dixon looking much better.

Big Man sat with me at the game and told me.  He is a gent but probably won't see this - I'll make sure he gets your message.

Some amount of drama over this steward thing on the Facebook geoup, including folk chanting police incident etc. A lot of these folk are known loonballs tbf.

What actually happened?

I wasn’t close enough to see the whole incident, or what (if anything) led to it; but from what I did see the stewards created a situation where there was no need for one. No surprise there then.

When you add in that the situation involved stewards confronting supporters, the supporters being children, and one of the officials from Falkirk then placing his hands on a child, then I’d say it warrants (within reason) some of the chat currently on the SOTR page.

As for the game itself. No complaints. We were unlucky to be behind at half-time but deservedly beaten over the piece. Duffy badly needs to pull a few rabbits from a cashless hat sharpish.

3 hours ago, ilostmyself said:

What was going on with the stewards and the Dumbarton young team?

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Some amount of drama over this steward thing on the Facebook geoup, including folk chanting police incident etc. A lot of these folk are known loonballs tbf.

What actually happened?

Screenshot_20200104-210048_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

What actually happened?

Had a look on the sons sorrow thread and they are said the steward thing was some abuse directed at the ref and they wanted someone to have a word with them (i actually thought i heard singing of get your tits out for the lads to the lass running the line to be honest) might have been that