Falkirk v Dumbarton

Guest Back Post Misses

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

God forbid someone pulls you up when you talk shite.

3-0 with goals from the worst player in the history of Falkirk who should never represent the club again and a double from a striker who has never been prolific ever. 

Aye a massive deflection makes Telfer great eh. Iv never seen a poster as cringy as you over someone who barely engages them. 

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the story with McManus here ?? He’s one of our best players and his commitment and effort has been outstanding of late.

Don’t get this at all.

Bairnardo was slating him a few weeks ago saying he had never been a goalscorer in his career. This despite having been the top scorer in this league with Morton and being a starting striker for the team who won the league above this last year.

McManus is the best player in the league and would probably have more than a goal a game if we didn't have a shitebag manager for the first few months or if we had a bit of creativity in midfield. 

Just now, Marshmallo said:

Bairnardo was slating him a few weeks ago saying he had never been a goalscorer in his career. This despite having been the top scorer in this league with Morton and being a starting striker for the team who won the league above this last year.

McManus is the best player in the league and would probably have more than a goal a game if we didn't have a shitebag manager for the first few months or if we had a bit of creativity in midfield. 

Slating?

Find the quote where I slated him

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I missed those comments tbh but let’s just enjoy having him at our club for the nexts 6 or so months at least.

Its the same stewards that were at Airdrie last week or at least a couple of them in the south stand were  (same company)

MoM for me had to be between McManus or Gomis both of them worked for everything agree the score could have been a bit higher, other than his goal i just dont rate Telfer

De Vita all i can say it looks a good bit of business never put a ball wrong when he came on and unlucky not to have scored.

I’d forgotten how shit Dumbarton were from the last time.  Don’t get me wrong, we’re somewhere between shit and decidedly mediocre, but they really were dreadful.  That keeper...

First half was eye-gougingly awful.  Second half we came out with a lot more impetus and it was never in doubt.

McManus and Dixon had really good games, Mutch too - no real saves but controlled all the cross balls, good shouting and quick distribution.

Oh, and WHO THE f**k BRINGS A TAMBOURINE TO A FOOTBALL MATCH???

19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Paul Dixon did not put a foot wrong today. Cross for the second goal was brilliant. My MOM by a mile

Don’t want to be hyperbolic, but that may be the best individual performance I’ve seen this season. Not a foot wrong defensively and clever going forward. The rest were average, apart from McManus, who could be the difference in us winning the league or not 

31 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s the story with McManus here ?? He’s one of our best players and his commitment and effort has been outstanding of late.

Don’t get this at all.

I think it's fair to say McManus had an explosive start looking like he'd score every week to being unlucky then I'd personally suggest his work rate dropped and/or being shifted wide right till new management team came in. I personally think his work rate increased under M & M.

You can't argue with his goal ratio in the 3rd tier, whereas the 2nd tier you could.

Back on today's game, I think we will have and have had many games like today, it's hard to watch but altho I moaned I'd take 16 more of them.

The money we have spent on players isn't being shown on the park tho.

14 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

I’d forgotten how shit Dumbarton were from the last time.  Don’t get me wrong, we’re somewhere between shit and decidedly mediocre, but they really were dreadful.  That keeper...

First half was eye-gougingly awful.  Second half we came out with a lot more impetus and it was never in doubt.

McManus and Dixon had really good games, Mutch too - no real saves but controlled all the cross balls, good shouting and quick distribution.

Oh, and WHO THE f**k BRINGS A TAMBOURINE TO A FOOTBALL MATCH???

20190508_094406.jpg.e00d573c0e1f90e353c2a191650a24ed.jpgimageproxy.php(3).gif.e9e154149b81bd92740fdebf7b149fe3.gif

We were much better in the 2nd half, McManus and Dixon were the pick of the bunch, Sammon also did well when he came on and for me is a much better footballer than McMillan, who was particularly awful today. Dumbarton offered up absolutely nothing.

Pretty much this.

Credit to Dixon, he has improved massively since Ray left.

I still dont think we've got the right blend going forward but i cant quite put my finger om what you could do differently with this squad. McMillan was really poor today so maybe drop him for Sammon/De Vita.

De Vita had a couple of nice touches when he came on but nothing more than that.

All in all, good result but uninspiring performance, first half in particular but luckily Dumbarton offered nothing.

What was going on with the stewards and the Dumbarton young team?