Falkirk v Dumbarton

Guest Back Post Misses

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Might struggle to fill the bench for this one. BSLM has said that Toshney is definitey missing while Longridge is on crutches and McLean is still struggling.

If theyre all out and Tidser & Johnstone are out on loan we might need McCracken to pull on the boots alongside Miller.

I was thinking the same myself earlier. However, if you assume young Laverty is still out along with Bell that gives us sixteen bodies. Five subs plus Miller and Erskine on the bench as trialists will be the same as last week.

Three out (MacLean, Toshney & Longridge) and three in (Gomis, Telfer & De Vita).

If some of the rumoured departures happen then I suspect there will be new additions to the squad before the Peterhead game. 

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was thinking the same myself earlier. However, if you assume young Laverty is still out along with Bell that gives us sixteen bodies. Five subs plus Miller and Erskine on the bench as trialists will be the same as last week.

Three out (MacLean, Toshney & Longridge) and three in (Gomis, Telfer & De Vita).

If some of the rumoured departures happen then I suspect there will be new additions to the squad before the Peterhead game. 

Cammy Bell would need two seats on the bench so maybe for the best if he is still unavailable.

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

He can gladly take Telfers as well.

He's a very frustrating player Telfer.  He has bags of ability but the heart of a mouse.He has shown on the odd occasion what he can do but nowhere near enough especially at a level where he should be able to stand out . 

He's a very frustrating player Telfer.  He has bags of ability but the heart of a mouse.He has shown on the odd occasion what he can do but nowhere near enough especially at a level where he should be able to stand out . 

I’d argue he’s had 1 good performance this season the last home game against Dumbarton and he’s been complete dugmeat ever since. Of course culminating in that pathetic red card against Raith.

For me he’d be second out the door after Durnan.

Just now, Russ said:

I’d argue he’s had 1 good performance this season the last home game against Dumbarton and he’s been complete dugmeat ever since. Of course culminating in that pathetic red card against Raith.

He also played very well against Ayr in the league cup but your right thats about it apart from the odd moment of magic.  Again he may look better in a different midfield but who knows.

Yep. Ability counts for f**k all when the attitude stinks as bad as his. Watching Dennon Lewis last season opened my eyes to the "skill" of sprinting after a total lost cause to look like you are trying then taking a yard off it everytime you are running towards a tackle/second ball/any act that involves some responsibility. Telfer is more subtle than Lewis but its precisely what he does.

20 minutes ago, champions said:

4 4 2

Mutch, Doyle, Dixon, Durnan, Buchanan, Miller, Gomis, De Vita, Connolly, McManus, McMillan

Subs: anyone who is fit.

I think I'd rather play Miller at the back with Buchanan and McShane in midfield.

1 hour ago, Rocco said:
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:
I think I'd rather play Miller at the back with Buchanan and McShane in midfield.

Buchanan would be shite in centre midfield

No, Miller the back with Buchanan and, oh never mind!

18 minutes ago, microdave said:

Where would the Falkirk fans recommend for a beer near Falkirk Grahamston station?

Behind the Wall. If you ask at the bar upstairs they run a bus to and from the stadium as well for free, just ask for a ticket when you buy a drink.

Behind the Wall. If you ask at the bar upstairs they run a bus to and from the stadium as well for free, just ask for a ticket when you buy a drink.

I'm up for that. The last time I was on a bus with opposition supporters was the day we played Inverness in the challenge cup final. That was a short but interesting journey!