Falkirk v Dumbarton

Guest Back Post Misses

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

Another opening start where we seem to be happy to sit off for 10/15 minutes, then pretty much dominated. Starting with two lines of four suits the players we have available, and thought Dixon & Buchanan had their best games since joining. Retention was night and day compared to Airdrie, and thought with Gomis back we were much better compared to McShane playing. As mentioned we still need two quality players in ( wide right & CF) and maybe a RB. Heard a chat about us missing Longridge, ( I didn’t think so ) and tbh thought we done enough to win with ease against a team which looked out of breath around 70 mins. Without getting to excited a decent afternoon for a change.

Longridge has 6 assists this season which is pretty good going if u ask me .

Just now, champions said:

11 according to google, quite impressive all the same especially in a shite team.

And 13 according to those of us who keep track of those things in spreadsheets. 

Although the definition of assist seems to be quite loose. Some websites count being fouled for a penalty as an assist. Either way he's right good at firing the ball onto Ryan McGeever's huge head.

After watching his interview, I might become forever indebted to big Cracks because my knees are totally f*cked with arthritis, and the next time my surgeon gives me a cortisone injection I am going to ask him if he can add in the 'stuff like that'. I hope that is not way too technical for him to understand.

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Have to admit I was impressed with young Tierney yesterday. He was up for the battle with Buchanan

He was probably our best player yesterday.

Work rate was excellent and he was quite good on the ball.

If he just had a bit more pace he would be our go to man ahead of Layne I think.

It’s funny how people see things differently. Makes it interesting I suppose.

I thought we were excellent in the first half yesterday. Kept Falkirk at bay largely, had chances ourself and were disciplined in our defending.

Second half we were overrun but so we should be by a side who’s budget massively dwarfs ours (Sammon from the bench on a reportedly four-figure a week sum[emoji15]) and Falkirk ran out deserving winners.

But for me, Carswell and Hutton were very good, as was Conor Scullion in parts but Tierney was woeful, too weak, no presence and no hold up at all to take the pressure off. Worked hard but he’s not what we need. Hope Layne and PJ are back soon.

15 minutes ago, Bogheidman said:

If you have knowledge of those types of details fair enough but I’d be very surprised if that was true

heard it from Branch Ton who told him that Tidser was on the same wage as a small arab country..lol

A section of our support need to grow a thicker skin.
A video has surfaced showing there was absolutely no 'assault' and the ones crying for these guy to lose their jobs look like diddies now.
The folk shouting at the stewards yesterday are the exact same folk shouting for the ref to send Murray into the stands at the Airdrie game for celebrating his teams goals and stepping outside his technical area.
I was sat right beyond the young team and they did absolutely nothing to merit stewards having words but the reaction from some sons fans is just deflection and frustration coming through from being pumped.

I don’t think that’s the case at all. I wasn’t involved, but believe the anger and frustration at the way in which young supporters of our club were dealt with yesterday is entirely justified. Rather than de-escalate a (non existent) situation they created one. The way in which the entire situation was first created, then handled, absolutely should be challenged. Granted I’d take it to Falkirk rather than the Police.

Interesting though that some see that as an opportunity to focus on our own fans rather than the root cause.

There was little frustration on the performance. Apathy maybe. We were simply outplayed by a better side.

31 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

I don’t think that’s the case at all. I wasn’t involved, but believe the anger and frustration at the way in which young supporters of our club were dealt with yesterday is entirely justified. Rather than de-escalate a (non existent) situation they created one. The way in which the entire situation was first created, then handled, absolutely should be challenged. Granted I’d take it to Falkirk rather than the Police.

Interesting though that some see that as an opportunity to focus on our own fans rather than the root cause.

There was little frustration on the performance. Apathy maybe. We were simply outplayed by a better side.

Was it a grown up who went to the police ? Surely not !!

42 minutes ago, Jordo1872 said:

I have made it clear in my posts the stewards caused the situation and that the Young Sons were just enjoying themselves.

No argument there.

But you can't start calling guys paedos and slagging their wage.

In what way is that justified?

The only fan that dealt with it the right way was Roberta who went down and had words with the guys.

Pretty embarrassed by the whole steward thing. I was sitting along from the young squad and thought they were excellent, and did their club proud. Don’t know what started the thing with the stewards, can only guess someone was woken up by them, and complained. Just another piece of shit publicity in a club that excels at it. The whole thing was cringeworthy, and as a Falkirk fan would encourage the young team to keep up the great work and follow their team.