Falkirk v Dumbarton

Guest Back Post Misses

On 31/12/2019 at 03:03, Hank von Hell said:

I like Jim Duffy, Falkirk played some great football under him until it all went pear shaped in a Saltcoats nightclub.

Plus his cousin is Jimmy Barnes...…….

Barnes.jpg

As in cold chisel Jimmy Barnes? Is Jim Duffy's cousin?

tumblr_mosv4x2GcE1snfsquo2_r1_400.gif

46 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

As in cold chisel Jimmy Barnes? Is Jim Duffy's cousin?

tumblr_mosv4x2GcE1snfsquo2_r1_400.gif

Yes the very same. 

If you ever see the Jimmy Barnes movie "Working Class Boy" , then Jim Duffy plays himself. There's one scene I remember them in a Glasgow pub together.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8862524/fullcredits

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Jan, do you do Sons TV or something? That comes across really shitty from Duffy there. No need for that at all.

Nope I work for the local paper, so covering DFC is part of my remit. 

I like Duffy, and I think I get on well enough with him, but his guard always goes up massively whenever you ask him about transfers. Granted we don't want him doing a Stevie 'We've signed Ryan Porteous and James Penrice' Aitken - but Duffy is pretty much the exact opposite. I remember speaking to him one morning when he said that we had no immediate deals in the pipeline, and by the afternoon we'd signed Stefan McCluskey and Morgyn Neill!

Nope I work for the local paper, so covering DFC is part of my remit. 
I like Duffy, and I think I get on well enough with him, but his guard always goes up massively whenever you ask him about transfers. Granted we don't want him doing a Stevie 'We've signed Ryan Porteous and James Penrice' Aitken - but Duffy is pretty much the exact opposite. I remember speaking to him one morning when he said that we had no immediate deals in the pipeline, and by the afternoon we'd signed Stefan McCluskey and Morgyn Neill!
Presumably he knows you well enough to know you arent just some dafty journo sent to ask daft questions, and are actually a fan? He should know that you arent asking him about buying players, and that wheeling and dealing each window is pretty much mandatory skillset at this level. You never know, maybe its born out of his own frustrations but I think its poor from him anyway.

If it was because he doesn't have money he'd be quick to say, all he moaned about all summer was getting a budget that matched his expectations, then he went and signed half the exit trials. A truly baffling guy at times.
Fair play to him though as he has turned them into a team, going from the first game at the TFS to where you are now. We still don't look like a team just 11 individuals.

48 minutes ago, Sanity check needed. said:

Fair play to him though as he has turned them into a team, going from the first game at the TFS to where you are now. We still don't look like a team just 11 individuals.

With a bit more thought he could've built a better team IMO. He's sent 3 out on loan and we'll likely only have 1 outfield sub this week if Layne doesn't make it. He blames the League Cup but he knew fine well when he had to have a team together and he pissed around for too long.

With a bit more thought he could've built a better team IMO. He's sent 3 out on loan and we'll likely only have 1 outfield sub this week if Layne doesn't make it. He blames the League Cup but he knew fine well when he had to have a team together and he pissed around for too long.
Read carefully between the lines below...

The off-field situation connected to issues of the club ownership and previous financial oversight, or the lack thereof, are pretty well known at our club and it would be completely naive to expect these not to have impacted on Jim Duffy's team-building plans. That may now have eased but somehow I would doubt it.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Read carefully between the lines below...

The off-field situation connected to issues of the club ownership and previous financial oversight, or the lack thereof, are pretty well known at our club and it would be completely naive to expect these not to have impacted on Jim Duffy's team-building plans. That may now have eased but somehow I would doubt it.

Do you believe even with the issues with Brabco/debts that Mati Zata, Lewis Crawford and Jordan McMillan were the best squad players we could get? I absolutely don't, for a number of reasons. But this discussion might be best on our own thread.

On 29/12/2019 at 20:27, gav-ffc said:

I think Johnstone is already away to a team in the league and not Dumbarton...

Miller post match talked about the strikers in the squad quoting himself as a back up, McManus, McMillan and Sammon so pretty telling.

ITK etc

ITK etc
As a wee aside I thouroughly enjoyed your prediction on the clubs twitter that the New Year will see us improve considerably to a level of mediocre. I admire your confidence.

Anyway, I will drag my arse out bed between nightshifts and attend this match. I really hope it provides some entertainment.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

As a wee aside I thouroughly enjoyed your prediction on the clubs twitter that the New Year will see us improve considerably to a level of mediocre. I admire your confidence.

Anyway, I will drag my arse out bed between nightshifts and attend this match. I really hope it provides some entertainment.

All about the positivity brother.

Might struggle to fill the bench for this one. BSLM has said that Toshney is definitey missing while Longridge is on crutches and McLean is still struggling.

If theyre all out and Tidser & Johnstone are out on loan we might need McCracken to pull on the boots alongside Miller.

Might struggle to fill the bench for this one. BSLM has said that Toshney is definitey missing while Longridge is on crutches and McLean is still struggling.

If theyre all out and Tidser & Johnstone are out on loan we might need McCracken to pull on the boots alongside Miller.
Suppose that little p***k Telfer can go back to keeping a tracksuit busy...