Falkirk v Dumbarton

Guest Back Post Misses

Guest Back Post Misses

No idea what Dumbarton team will turn up. Beat Raith away yet can’t beat Stranraer.

Quick start required. Get in front and manage the game from there. Go behind it will be a long day for us.

Hopefully a couple of new faces too.

No idea what Dumbarton team will turn up. Best Raith away yet can’t beat Stranraer.

Quick start required. Get in front and manage the game from there. Go behind it will be a long day for us.

Biggest question for us is.....will we have any subs?

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

No idea what Dumbarton team will turn up. Beat Raith away yet can’t beat Stranraer.

A Dumbarton team just turning up would be an achievement given the rate at which our players are dropping.

A Dumbarton team just turning up would be an achievement given the rate at which our players are dropping.

We are not much better. Three off injured yesterday and two suspended

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are not much better. Three off injured yesterday and two suspended

Still should be able to name more than one outfield sub though 😉

Who were the two trialists you guys had named in the squad yesterday? Take it, it wasn't just McCracken and Miller filling space?

1 minute ago, Russ said:

With Dumbarton so struggling for players I wonder if they are one of the teams interested in taking Johnstone in January?

They are more than welcome to take Telfer and Durnan as well.

Johnstone would be ideal for us I think. Played under Duffy before and played well, we also have no strikers capable of playing up front on their own other than Layne. I have my doubts we'll make a move though.

We really need Layne, Frizzell and Crossan back for this to have any chance, but a comfy home win seems likely.

9 minutes ago, Russ said:

With Dumbarton so struggling for players I wonder if they are one of the teams interested in taking Johnstone in January?

They are more than welcome to take Telfer and Durnan as well.

I think Johnstone is already away to a team in the league and not Dumbarton...

Miller post match talked about the strikers in the squad quoting himself as a back up, McManus, McMillan and Sammon so pretty telling.

Johnstone would be ideal for us I think. Played under Duffy before and played well, we also have no strikers capable of playing up front on their own other than Layne. I have my doubts we'll make a move though.
We really need Layne, Frizzell and Crossan back for this to have any chance, but a comfy home win seems likely.
Think injuries have well and truly ruined him, from what we have seen this season he is not capable of playing up front on his own or just football in general at this level.

30 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Crossan and Frizzell are definitely out according to Duffy unfortunately.

11 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Tremendous news. 

He was typically Duffy when I asked him about potentially adding to the squad before this too, just said "We're no Manchester City, we can't just go out and buy players." So I'm imagining our best case scenario would involve Shiels and Layne coming back.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

He was typically Duffy when I asked him about potentially adding to the squad before this too, just said "We're no Manchester City, we can't just go out and buy players." So I'm imagining our best case scenario would involve Shiels and Layne coming back.

If we can’t go out and get players then I do wonder what the point is of punting out players on loan.

Something doesn’t make sense here.

I couldn't hate that response more tbh. Why are fans being asked to contribute to a managers fund if it doesn't enable him to add to the squad? Nobody expects us to start dropping bids for players in contract, just do your best to get players who will be made available. We're not fucking morons, we get how this works by now - we watch it happen every year.

I couldn't hate that response more tbh. Why are fans being asked to contribute to a managers fund if it doesn't enable him to add to the squad? Nobody expects us to start dropping bids for players in contract, just do your best to get players who will be made available. We're not fucking morons, we get how this works by now - we watch it happen every year.
Unfortunately, I'm told that the response to the MF appeal has been disappointing thus far, but it does seem weird to stretch your squad like clingfilm. Having said that, I expect Muzzy Izzett to start on Saturday.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Agreed. He just comes off as needlessly flippant with the Man City reference. Just say that you’re doing your best but it’s a challenging market and we’d all be far more sympathetic.

Duffy is a dour faced b*****d, no doubt about it. There is no chance he is letting players f**k off on loan without being confident of securing replacements.

As much as Duffy does an excellent job on a shite budget his ability to generate a bit of excitement and hope amongst a fanbase is awful. When we are struggling to put arses on seats his comments don't really help at all.