Dunfermline Athletic vs Ayr United

There's some amount of negativity on here from Ayr fans.

Dunfermline are struggling as well right now and this is one of those games that could go either way. If we play like we did at tannadice in the first half we'll win - and if we're pish again like last week we'll lose.

The other games in January are also winnable. Dundee away looks very difficult but we've got nothing to fear at Thistle, and neither of the teuchters are doing anything that should have us terrified at Somerset.

Come on Ayr, we can turn this around.

47 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

There's some amount of negativity on here from Ayr fans.

Dunfermline are struggling as well right now and this is one of those games that could go either way. If we play like we did at tannadice in the first half we'll win - and if we're pish again like last week we'll lose.

The other games in January are also winnable. Dundee away looks very difficult but we've got nothing to fear at Thistle, and neither of the teuchters are doing anything that should have us terrified at Somerset.

Come on Ayr, we can turn this around.

Hard to be positive with the way things are. No clean sheet in over 3 months, league stats that can only be described as bipolar,  2 defeats already to the Pars, the last of which they looked very ordinary but still beat us, at home. Our historic mind block when it comes to the Highland teams, regardless of their form, and to round it all off a trip to see wee Jobby, who will be absolutely desperate  to  put one over us.

Hard to be positive with the way things are. No clean sheet in over 3 months, league stats that can only be described as bipolar,  2 defeats already to the Pars, the last of which they looked very ordinary but still beat us, at home. Our historic mind block when it comes to the Highland teams, regardless of their form, and to round it all off a trip to see wee Jobby, who will be absolutely desperate  to  put one over us.
Hope springs eternal.

We went from brilliant to shit really quickly, and that can change back again.

20 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Hope springs eternal.

We went from brilliant to shit really quickly, and that can change back again.

Aye but we will probably go there and play a 442 to squeeze Moore and Moffat in with neither winger getting remotely close to the isolated strikers and get beat 1 or 2 - 0 despite having some decent possession.  Nisbet with at least one despite most Ayr fans on here thinking he wasnt worth a punt in the summer.    

Canny wait 

Looking at our fixtures in January I sadly can’t see us taking a single point. An average Pars side have turned us over twice this season similar to Dundee, we turn into absolute shitebags against Inverness and McCall has turned Partick around and he will be desperate to put one over us.

Kerr said in his post match interview after QOS that we would sign 2 maybe 3 players. That is simply no where near enough. We need at least 5 to salvage this season and not be involved in a relegation battle. A really shite state of affairs and no sign of the tide turning.  

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Looking at our fixtures in January I sadly can’t see us taking a single point. An average Pars side have turned us over twice this season similar to Dundee, we turn into absolute shitebags against Inverness and McCall has turned Partick around and he will be desperate to put one over us.

Kerr said in his post match interview after QOS that we would sign 2 maybe 3 players. That is simply no where near enough. We need at least 5 to salvage this season and not be involved in a relegation battle. A really shite state of affairs and no sign of the tide turning.  

That's a tad negative compadre. I think 3/4 signings will happen in January. I am hoping Kerr can avoid the malaise we tend to slip into this time of year. I don't think we'll be in the relegation scrap but I think it's unlikely we will be top 4 tbh.

And a happy new year!

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

That's a tad negative compadre. I think 3/4 signings will happen in January. I am hoping Kerr can avoid the malaise we tend to slip into this time of year. I don't think we'll be in the relegation scrap but I think it's unlikely we will be top 4 tbh.

Weve been in a malaise for a while now, we'll be happy to stay out of the playoffs. 

Edited by ayrmad

I'll fucking eat my hat if we fail to pick up a point. That's a mental prediction.

On 02/01/2020 at 00:29, Hursty said:

Aye but we will probably go there and play a 442 to squeeze Moore and Moffat in with neither winger getting remotely close to the isolated strikers and get beat 1 or 2 - 0 despite having some decent possession.  Nisbet with at least one despite most Ayr fans on here thinking he wasnt worth a punt in the summer.    

Canny wait 

This would be my worry exactly.

Moore is not the problem per se but our recent formations have been.

We have completely nullified the threat of McCowan and Forrest and Moffat is increasingly looking disinterested which is something I never thought I'd see.

We really need to get back to playing to our strengths and let the opposition worry about us, otherwise it could be a very long few months ahead..........

18 hours ago, pandarilla said:
On 02/01/2020 at 10:51, ayrunitedfw said:

I'll fucking eat my hat if we fail to pick up a point. That's a mental prediction.

What type of hat is it? Will you follow through and send us a video?

What type of hat is it? Will you follow through and send us a video?
I'll bake myself an edible one just for p&b - and if someone teaches me I'll upload a video.

But let's not get carried away here, Ayr will pick up points this month, starting tomorrow.

(I read somewhere that faking confidence can trick the brain into actually being confident. That's where I'm going with this. 1-2 win.)

Really can’t be arsed with this or the inevitable meltdowns on our thread if we drop out the playoffs.

I’ll take consolation that Dunfermline haven’t been that good in the last two games and are just us unhappy with Crawford as some sections of our support are with Kerr. Looking back we probably deserved a point from the game at EEP although it should’ve been more than 1 goal in it when they beat us as Somerset.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

I'll bake myself an edible one just for p&b

Shitebag.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

Really can’t be arsed with this or the inevitable meltdowns on our thread if we drop out the playoffs.

I’ll take consolation that Dunfermline haven’t been that good in the last two games and are just us unhappy with Crawford as some sections of our support are with Kerr. Looking back we probably deserved a point from the game at EEP although it should’ve been more than 1 goal in it when they beat us as Somerset.

If we play like we did in the second half against Alloa tomorrow and manage to get any type of result, I'd be *very* worried if I was an Ayr fan.

13 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Shitebag.

If we play like we did in the second half against Alloa tomorrow and manage to get any type of result, I'd be *very* worried if I was an Ayr fan.

Some of us are already at that stage I'm afraid.

6 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

I really don't think Ayr will be in the bottom two.

Being honest neither do I, however that's more down to our current points total than any confidence about the future as everyone continues to cut each others throat.

I'd say Morton, Alloa and Thistle are all worse than ourselves but Partick will undoubtedly be strengthening (which may or may not be successful) and you'd expect injuries and suspensions to eventually take their toll on the two part time sides of Arbroath and Alloa. Morton have appeared to be totally rank on every occasion I've seen them but they always seem to pull a few shock results out of the fire.

Whatever way you look at it it's a very strange league with every team being consistently inconsistent other than United and they're not especially good despite their pool of players and current results.

10 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Don't think either team would be too disappointed with a draw. Desmond. 

I would be tbh. 1 point from 12 in this league is a shocking run.

We have four games coming up before a three-week gap without a match:

Ayr (H)

Morton (A)

Dundee (H)

Queens (A)

I'd want at least 7 or 8 points from those. I think we'll end up getting about 4.