Dunfermline Athletic vs Ayr United

Absolutely dreading this tbh. Pars have had the better of us so far this season and a win for them will get them back into the playoffs at our expense. We’ve been pish for weeks now but it’s not been without the odd spells of looking like a decent side. The Alloa game and the first 45 against Dundee United showed we can play really well going forward depending on how we line up. Regardless of this we’re still an absolute mess at the back and Kerr seems to be playing a lottery with who plays in midfield.

Obviously the window opens on Wednesday and Kerr says he’s hoping on bringing in 3 players but I’m not expecting any newbies in for Saturday. That said if we play the 4-3-3 and only play one of Bell or Muirhead we should be aiming to win this with what we’ve already got.

Doohan

Houston

Bell/Muirhead (preferably neither)

Roscoe

Harvie

Docherty

Kerr

Kelly

McCowan

Moffat

Forrest

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Absolutely dreading this tbh. Pars have had the better of us so far this season and a win for them will get them back into the playoffs at our expense. We’ve been pish for weeks now but it’s not been without the odd spells of looking like a decent side. The Alloa game and the first 45 against Dundee United showed we can play really well going forward depending on how we line up. Regardless of this we’re still an absolute mess at the back and Kerr seems to be playing a lottery with who plays in midfield.

Obviously the window opens on Wednesday and Kerr says he’s hoping on bringing in 3 players but I’m not expecting any newbies in for Saturday. That said if we play the 4-3-3 and only play one of Bell or Muirhead we should be aiming to win this with what we’ve already got.

Doohan

Houston

Bell/Muirhead (preferably neither)

Roscoe

Harvie

Docherty

Kerr

Kelly

McCowan

Moffat

Forrest

Would go with this team for Saturday, Kerr sounded as if he didn't even have any signing targets yet for January which tbh wouldn't surprise me. 

Anyway will be an easy Dunfermline win, if the Chuckle Brothers CB pairing of Bell and Muirhead play Nisbet will get a hat trick easily.

Hate to say it but this'll probably be the last week this season we're in the top 4.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Would go with this team for Saturday, Kerr sounded as if he didn't even have any signing targets yet for January which tbh wouldn't surprise me. 

Anyway will be an easy Dunfermline win, if the Chuckle Brothers CB pairing of Bell and Muirhead play Nisbet will get a hat trick easily.

Hate to say it but this'll probably be the last week this season we're in the top 4.

Kerr does have signing targets for January and has spoken to players , he has planned to cover anyone who is leaving either in January or season end , he can talk to them and make offers , does not mean they will sign , let’s see what he does 

We’ve had a bad few weeks ourselves but have had a fairly good record vs ayr.

Nisbet is still scoring so if there’s defensive frailties he should be able to get at least 1. The big question is if we give away more at the other end.

For us there is absolutely no reason justifying keeping Edwards in the side, either risk Lang, play someone out of position or PM me Crawford. All would be better options.

Similarly I doubt we’ll get anyone new in on time(despite our desperation for a keeper) there is however a chance we’ll lose our loans which would be a worry but I’d expect it would suit all parties better for them to still be with us for the next 2 games with the premiership on a break and then train with their parent sides for a bit after that since we’ll have a week off for being diddies and losing to Stranraer.

Scully( [emoji29] )

Cromrie

Ashcroft

Lang/ a traffic cone

Martin

Cochrane

Kiltie

Thomson

Beadling/turner

Dow

Nisbet

Kerr does have signing targets for January and has spoken to players , he has planned to cover anyone who is leaving either in January or season end , he can talk to them and make offers , does not mean they will sign , let’s see what he does 

Has the English guy we had on trial signed or is that not happening now?

I noticed in the last reserve match he was actually named instead of being down as “trialist” but I wasn’t sure if that meant anything.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Has the English guy we had on trial signed or is that not happening now?

I noticed in the last reserve match he was actually named instead of being down as “trialist” but I wasn’t sure if that meant anything.

He would cost nothing as a free agent , last I heard was that he had to adjust to Scottish style of football , been training with us , so a possibility and has Impressed in reserves  

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

January  is going to be a bad month for us.

Dunfermline (A)

Dundee (A)

Ross County (H)

Inverness (H)

Partick (A)

By the end of January we'll be out of the Scottish Cup and 7th or 8th in the league i predict. If that does come true we should also be looking for a new manager at the end of January aswell.

Edited by rb123!

Just now, rb123! said:

Dunfermline (A)

Dundee (A)

Ross County (H)

Inverness (H)

Partick (A)

By the end of January we'll be out of the Scottish Cup and 7th or 8th in the league i predict. If that does come true we should also be looking for a new manager at the end of January aswell.

Yip, can't see us getting anything out of those games.  And by  that stage you just know how the tv game against Partick is going to turn out.

Dunfermline (A)
Dundee (A)
Ross County (H)
Inverness (H)
Partick (A)

Might sound defeatist but I couldn’t care less about the Scottish Cup right now.

Out of those four league games we need 7 points. 6 points at the absolute minimum. And that’s against 3 teams that have beaten us twice already.

Those four games coupled with what we end up doing in the January window will be enough for me to make my mind up on Kerr. He’s a nice guy and a terrific player for us so I hope it works out for him personally as well as being an Ayr fan but it’s not looking great at the minute.

I'll be there, only 30 mins away for me. I've not seen us since the win over Alloa.

I would pick the same team as D'Jaffo back to 433 and let's see how we go. Dunfermline are having a sticky patch too so best time to play them. I'm quite sure this will come back and bite me in the arse!

I'll go 2-1 to the Super with Moffat and Forrest scoring.

I'll be there, only 30 mins away for me. I've not seen us since the win over Alloa.
I would pick the same team as D'Jaffo back to 433 and let's see how we go. Dunfermline are having a sticky patch too so best time to play them. I'm quite sure this will come back and bite me in the arse!
I'll go 2-1 to the Super with Moffat and Forrest scoring.
With Kerr alluding to switching things up I'm not sure those two will be playing. What that means for the formation I've no idea.

If we play the majority of the game like we did in the opening 20 mins against Alloa, then I'd be confident of a home win. If we play anything like we did in the second half then we will definitely lose.

Unrealistic to think we'll have any new recruits on board for Saturday but a new keeper is needed. Not a chance in hell Edwards can start after his nightmare at the weekend; Martin simply has to be on the left, with either Lang, Devine or Murray partnering Ashcroft. Turner should drop out as well, with Cochrane replacing him if he hasn't been recalled by Hearts.

Edited by Poet of the Macabre

We’ll maybe win this. We seem to get the better of Ayr this season. Somehow every team in the league can get results against the bottom dross except us which begs the question how we can manage results against Ayr given their league position. They do seem to be in total free-fall, so that’s something we simply have to take advantage of.

I’d rather play an unborn fetus in goals than Scully, and Gil isn’t much better, so we’re humped in that regard.

Edwards and Turner should both be dropped. Cochrane replacing Turner and Lang filling in centre half to allow Martin to play where he should be playing.

Lang is surely match fit if he’s been on the bench for the past 3 weeks.

Scully

Comrie
Lang
Ashcroft
Martin

Paton

Dow
Cochrane
Beadling
Kiltie

Nisbet