Six Continents (take two)

AsimButtHitsASix

Because of you I'm now managing a relegation haunted Nigerian side with 8 players and £100k worth of debt...

Edited by RandomGuy.

Amazing start with Philly. 8 league wins on the bounce, although sadly out the US cup at the semi final stage.

Joe Simpson an absolute goal machine! In the race for the East Conference title despite starting mid season and being a good 18 points or so behind.

The CONCACAF champions league gives me the fear. Weird little thing. Hopefully gonna get into it with a Mexican team.

FWIW my game crashed last night after a great win away to Beijing to move us 4 points clear and I am raging. Crash was due to my computer rather than the game but I've made it through my AFC Champions League group and (was) sitting top of the table in China.

How's it goin' in China? -  I hear you ask

image.png.d83235499626823572a1299f20c0ede1.png

Yass! Look at this sea of green

image.thumb.png.85f6494a82470edaefe0e7050e8a6568.png

Lian Shaowen, who scored a fat zero last year as we played him as a centre back, has been immense as a striker. Delgado is still running the show no matter where we play him. Sommer is a brilliant marauding full back. Feng Kui is a godsend behind the strikers. It's just all coming up Milhouse. Here's the league

image.thumb.png.700a8851f3ce08b820eee0da58f8cf96.png

Lost the first game to Jiangsu and won every game since (this includes Beijing twice because ma laptop froze and I had to replay it) But has this domestic dominance transferred to the continental games?

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

Well here's how the Champions League group looked in the end

image.thumb.png.7b7eb741e4f8bc8467785a3f027c66bb.png

Was proud of the home draw v Ulsan with ten men but they hammered 3-0 in Korea. Deservedly too. Bit frightening but we'll come back to that. Here's what's coming up next

image.thumb.png.433082286f5a4e55db687e9519d38a56.png

Now as you can see the Champions League 2nd leg is in the middle of our summer break but I've just threw a few friendlies about to keep folk ticking over. Suwon are above Ulsan in the K-League and Ulsan smashed us... BUT... Beijing smashed Suwon in the Champions League last year and they drew twice with another Chinese team in the group stage. Was Ulsan's hammering of me just a random one off? Didn't feel like it but Chinese and South Korean teams seem pretty evenly matched when I've looked over previous seasons. Will be weird to be knocked out of continental competition. Like it will feel like a proper blow knowing I need to wait another year. 

Meaanwhile - in the sidequest...

image.thumb.png.a4aadab0df2de47d4ccf6f497c36be18.png

First time qualifying for an international tournament after close calls with Malaysia and Sierra Leone. Confident of beating The Gambia and, who knows, 2nd round might not be out of reach.

image.thumb.png.9cc709efcfe234b068dad7fdeb02a9bb.png

These b*****d Guangzhou c***s are trying to destabilise poor wee R&F? Naw having it. 

Actually went to the interview to see if they would allow me to join at end of season but they didn't gimme the option so papped them tae f**k. They did offer me a £200,000,000 transfer budget. Was tempting. 

Anyway the home tie v Suwon?

image.thumb.png.3133667dbbe57f44e64e967b8fd085d6.png

Pretty straightforward in the end. Lost 1-0 away from home. Got Beijing in the quarters which wont be easy but my record v them is great. If we win that we either have Melbourne City or another South Korean team in the semi final. 

image.thumb.png.d6090ced25d72e464ffc842c0202396a.png

Coming back from 2-0 down with 10 men against Ivory Coast was good craic. Coming back from 2-1 down to grab a draw against Sudan's biggest rivals and knock them out at the same time against Egypt was a nice way to end the group stage. Got Nigeria in the next round..

image.thumb.png.5ba759f486189a40fd975459e823e0e7.png

Ach well. Side quest over, Exceeded expectations. Might hing around for World Cup Qualifying

Not as disappointed as I am. Bloody work, uni and having to spend times with my partner, friends and family getting in the way of what I really want to do... spank some Qatari mercenary league bitches in the final of the Asian Champions League.

It also takes a frustratingly long time between games at certain points in the season. All the Oceanic leagues have been ditched and, god willing, I can delete the Asian leagues by the end of this season but what should be a simple midweek can take ages because the game is going through all the regional cups in Brazil, the Argentinain U-20 cup first round and the Alex Jack Cup quarter finals on the one day.

But wee update for those who care: still top of the league and the only change to the squad in the transfer window was dropping the English D RC to the reserves and bringing in a Ghanian DC I had signed on a free in his place.

So it's been a bit shite since I came back from the summer break to be honest
image.thumb.png.3f275c2220e4b8191c778a742ac9b3d8.png

Jiangsu hammered us. Completely hammered us. They've done the double over us. b*****ds. 

We were all over BJ BSU and SIPG but couldn't take our chances. Similar story v HB China Fortune. On the other hand we were lucky v Guanghzhou in the Canton derby. Annoyingly this wee blip has coincided with an unbeaten run from Beijing.

image.thumb.png.44c358c2fa3248877f170e914b20aa0c.png

But who gives a f**k about the league when the Asian Champions League is the main game of the day?

image.thumb.png.1cdc6e441af17838a1e19db029a09360.png

My wee Uzbek midfielder absolutely strolled it with a hat trick. We were the better team and let them come at us a lot with no real danger until after we went 3-0 up. Every one of their shots on target was in a fifteen minute spell after about 70 minutes. Was a minor miracle we kept them from scoring until the 80th minute. Was a bit annoyed at losing the away goal but we managed to nick a fourth and pretty confident we wont f**k it up too much in a week or so's time. Stay tuned. 

Yey! We won the league. Again.
image.png.a96ea512dd70b953691f734eff609ee6.png

Had it all wrapped up with three games to spare but only mathematical champions the following week but, before that happened, I have an AFC Champions League semi-final v Jeonbuk (spoiler alert. I beat Beijing in the 2nd leg of the quarter final as well).

Jeonbuk have won the K-League 4 times in a row and are the must successful club in AFC CL history. 4 times winners and 3 times runners up including three finals in a row between 2021 and 2023. 

image.thumb.png.1b41fe97e3aae0aa834e5475f5746281.png

Ha! Fucking mugs. Now for those of you not ITK the AFC Champions League is split between East and West. So, until the final, we can only play East Asian teams. The West Asian lot sees the best of the Arabs (or, occasionally, the odd Iranian side) fight it out. We've got a final coming up against a Saudi side. 

image.thumb.png.038ed53758154c3eebea9600e35ab1e6.png

Will most likely rest players during the 1st leg of the cup final. Champions League has to take precedence.
I genuinely accidentally played my squad players in the game v Jeonbuk away because I wasn't paying attention and thought it was a league game so VERY relieved we never got beat. Would have been fucking raging. Anyway, as you can see, apart from a midseason blip we have been on fire. Very confident about the final but got this bad news after beating Jeonbuk.

image.thumb.png.6974539e20d0005a78663d7b5f04c537.png

Our back up left back isnae bad but he's more of a winger I've trained to play there and we might be a bit more on the back foot than we're used to. Would love Sommer for both games. We'll see how we go.

Al Hilal are the current AFC Champions League winners and were the team Jeonbuk beat in the final the year before. If I do win this thing it will be by beating the two best team in Asia en route to doing so. 

Side quest update: After getting Sudan to the ANC I was hoping to get them to the World Cup but came 2nd to Burkina Faso. Had a look at other international jobs going and saw Haiti were on equal points with Jamaica with two games to go. Applied and got the job. So won my first game and it came down to a do or die winner takes all match v Jamaica away from home. Lost 5-1

Saw the Chile manager got sacked for only making the WC play off so applied and got it. Now got a do or die match v Trinidad and Tobago at a neutral venue to qualify for the WC

As well as the two players I mentioned my back up left back also got injured as well. Infact I had so many injuries I had to call up a coupla reserves to sit on the bench. Apart from Sommer it was no one irreplaceable but I had six players missing who have all started 15+ games. How did it go?

image.thumb.png.3c15fd89feb738399787abc9c2bb63d3.png

Good cross to the back post from my 3rd choice right back from the left back position and the top goalscorer in the Chinese league puts us 1-0 up!

image.thumb.png.0940df2a56078ada5eaf8fae4425dc9e.png

Some good play in midfield sees the ball sprayed out to Delgado on the right. His cross is headered out a Nabi takes a touch, beats a man, and curls in a pearler from the edge of the box

image.thumb.png.323bb9b5a26f1bf889fceb18c19e3148.png

Yeah probably was offisde to be fair but it was a gorgeous counter attacking move that split these Saudi b*****ds apart. 

image.thumb.png.6b45b85b633a3279db3a5336cdbc0f3b.png

Can't argue with that. Will play some reserves in the 1st leg of the Chinese Cup final and keep ma bois fresh for the return leg in the desert

Ma reserves (including six players in the squad who needed to given squad numbers and, I think, four of them made their debuts) won 2-0 int he Chinese Cup final first leg. Piece of piss.

Now... to Arabia!

image.thumb.png.b24ba351585141f4a3e1052bbb9b54b0.png

After starting strongly we were hit with a sucker punch. Deep cross and a bit of a tap in for Barak at the back post.

image.thumb.png.a2bf03309adb2b88e0d0ec0fa4a62b27.png

A near carbon copy of the first goal but, this time, in our favour. Also this was Kui knocking in the rebound after the initial save. Surely the away goal will be enough for us to hold on... surely?

image.thumb.png.df7fe0f7a91668432a5642e59f0e62c5.png

The centreback rises at the near post from a corner to let us rest our worrisome brows 

image.thumb.png.5626a82dc411265f608773b8556e12dd.png

I think this was onside. Lucky us

image.thumb.png.763a742f95a67133554ce770fe794582.png

Another cross and another time for Feng Kui to run in from deep to knock home a rebound.

image.thumb.png.f3a0263c1473b63d8484fb9f8fa73b7c.png

Pretty sure this was onside as well. I mean... the amount of away goals we've scored we would still be leading anyway but they can feel a bit hard done by

image.thumb.png.1c857b5b9c354024110dc91eba51e6f7.png

So we let them have a pity goal

image.png.3f27ae27fb083da4dbf87c3a835dc564.png