Six Continents (take two)

AsimButtHitsASix

Side quest. I decided I will quit Brazil no matter what after this World Cup. Will it be a wipe out like my attempt with France? Let's see

Group Stage

image.thumb.png.15b586b1f232c5e7f9e638b525c653fb.png

Absolute cake walk. Smashed Denmark 4-0. They had already spanked New Zealand 3-0 so played the 2nd XI v New Zealand knowing even a slim defeat would see us through but we put 8 past them anyway. Lol.

2nd round v Japan

Japan beat Jamaica 1-0 but lost 2-0 to Poland. 17th in the world. Should win...

image.thumb.png.fba574139bb57cf22589fb8c4fdad404.png

Really weird stats there. 60%+ possession for Japan and not a single shot on target. Defended brilliantly. Bit shaky up front but a coupla early goals in the 2nd half settled any nerves.

3rd round v The Netherlands. Eight in the world and my keeper in goal and two of my centre backs in defence but conceded 1 v Australia and 2 v Qatar so look a bit dodgy. Still they've won all three game so far

image.thumb.png.0fe574a02c974f164519fe20d53c37d9.png

Made hard work of it. Once again the other team dominated possession. Don't know where that's coming from. Was comfortable throughout but a bit nervy with two goals lost from set pieces.

Quarter Final v Spain. Since they humped ma France team they've won the Nations League and Euros and lost only three games in that time. 1st in the world and tournament favourites..

image.thumb.png.2c178552a78b98040a96c736281f5f5f.png

Stats don't tell the whole story. 3-1 and more shots, shots on target and possession but this was a game light on highlights. Only when Luis Carlos, who usually plays as a striker, came on at AML did we really spark into action and he scored two belters. Defence was phenomenal.

Semi final v Serbia. 11th in the world and lost their first game 1-0 v Burkina Faso before spanking USA 5-1. Needed extra to beat the swiss but then got a surprise 1-0 victory of the English (yey) in the quarters before putting four past Tunisia. Seem very hit or miss.

image.thumb.png.8fb4afd7dcb15406e0afdaaa04c36ae3.png

We did not play well but, also, didn't play badly. A dodgy penalty for handball when a Serbia player had no one near him was required. So we are onto the final v Italy!

Italy, 4th in the world, nothing really outstanding about their campaign until the last ten minutes of their semi final v France...
image.thumb.png.f16174615c17cd7a5c76703c3635de55.png

15 minutes in. The only highlight has been a free kick from Italy that went well wide...

image.png.8ed1d1b438350992dd23de92bbc77622.png

I took a calculated gamble and played Pinto Nunes up front today. He hasn't scored all tournament and has been playing on the right. Thought "f**k it!". A ball over the top of a static Italian defence and he runs on...

image.thumb.png.246743659ea57c420eed4afd47482ccb.png

If they had played my boy Chiesa at left back he woulda cleared that...

Deep cross to the back post. My attacking midfielder in the world who is really a striker volleys it at goal. Keeper saves but he scores the rebound from a tight angle...

image.thumb.png.3e688ce2ca3a2393ca65f5504a0f3502.png

Half time! Can't wait to see how I balls this up...

image.thumb.png.4ca30944ae61347cf2e05ff8a9053c8e.png

60 minutes....

image.png.0620957e9ebc83a8beffcc91eaae8831.png

No change in the score. My keeper done well in a one-on-one very similar to our own first goal. Vinicious Junior's came off for top goalscorer Fabio. Bringing and out and out winger on for an inside forward to stretch em a bit.

75 minutes...

image.png.1895a4238f219acbd9d9cf4ba12a4e34.png

Centreback comes on for my tiring BWM to kick c***s in the midde of the park. Also some fresh legs behind the striker and made him a trequirista because, f**k it, it's only a game

CIGARS OUT!

image.png.736f87e8a6acc3f3d5e5a9f319587317.png

My trick-or-treater beats two men and hits a fucking shite daisy cutter straight at the keeper who fumbles it and Luis Carlos taps it in. 

19 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

This utter nonsense has always annoyed me. Not this specific example, just the way FM throws in “mind the time you made a c**t of it” to everything.

this one is particularly annoying as Wadi Degla came 2nd that year in the league and I won the league and champions league double. 

Can't tell if this a bug or something but it is doing my tits in.

Signed this Brazilian lad for a fair whack last season but he never joined until July 1st. I presumed selling Colley and Martinez would allow me to register him as a nonEU player but it wont let me click on him. The other nonEU player I signed at the same time I can add/remove as I like.

Anyway I sold a Brazilian winger I quite liked just to free up space but it still says ineligible...image.thumb.png.3982aa55ea6bc79a75d6020cbb174458.png

Any ideas?

Signings!

World class keeper on a Bosman from West Ham. He's English but was born in Malta so doesn't affect the nonEU quotas
image.thumb.png.95d4a7be3fd26a8017d270f6b3ceb2ea.png

'This Dutch lad cost the same amount as the overpriced Czech fella I've just loaned out but he's better and will get better as well.

image.thumb.png.77342c26cfd1aab741ea287afa5bb694.png

This guy, for some reason, I can register despite being nonEU and he only cost £5,000,000 will be a decent squad player but will sell him in a heartbeat to make room for Nando. Should give me a few options and has a great goalscoring record in Argentina where he's scored 1 in 2 the last few seasons or thereabouts from midfield

image.thumb.png.7ec99ac4f9434d259e02ac7bc0650db7.png

Finally. £30,000,000 for a guy to take over the slightly iffy AML spot but the game wont let me register him and I can't loan him out. Hopefully he'll be satisfied with cup/European games

image.thumb.png.e72a4128d9a4b57a49cf9776309f6946.png

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Can't tell if this a bug or something but it is doing my tits in.

Signed this Brazilian lad for a fair whack last season but he never joined until July 1st. I presumed selling Colley and Martinez would allow me to register him as a nonEU player but it wont let me click on him. The other nonEU player I signed at the same time I can add/remove as I like.

Anyway I sold a Brazilian winger I quite liked just to free up space but it still says ineligible...image.thumb.png.3982aa55ea6bc79a75d6020cbb174458.png

Any ideas?

Who did you sell Colley and Martinez too? You can only register 1 nonEU signing per season and then you can register another one if you sell a nonEU player to a club outside of Italy.

9 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

CSKA Moscow and end of contract.

Still doesn't explain why I could register the Argie but naw the Brazilian

I noticed on my Palermo save that that particular rule did seem to be quite buggy as there were times I was in the same situation where I should have been able to register a nonEU player but it wouldn’t let me.

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Isn't even letting me register him for Europe now despite that not having the nonEU rule. Just need to have him fannying about til next year on £100k a week. Smashin

I had to end up doing that as well. Bought a 20 year old centre mid from Man Utd for £60+ million and must have been near £150k a week and couldn’t play him at all. I tried to loan him out for no fee and no wages and still couldn’t get anybody to make an offer so he ended up doing bugger all except play for Brazil for 12 months.

This year and all of next year will be friendlies only for NZ. But the missus is a Kiwi so I was genuinely delighted with this match
image.thumb.png.314a611189ac3c1aab361f03a21b32b5.png

Jean Tache is striker for Wolfsburg and the rest of the team is domestic based for this one. We had 8 players pull out with injury since the squad was announced. 91st in the world v 18th. Pwoud. Vewy pwoud of my Aotearoa boys

Champions League was shite
image.thumb.png.c79ce35b99a6c883ae99036651fe7334.png

1-0 up and in control v Atletico at home when they got a player sent off right at the start of the 2nd half. Had a 10 minute horror show where we went 2-1 down and had to nick a late equaliser. Both games v Man City we were absolutely battered for 30 minutes and were 3-0 down early doors each time. We brought it back a bit but lose killer goals as we chased the game. Atletico were the better team in the away game v them but, again, had to chase the win and got caught out after we had equalised and were going for it. Salzburg have lost every game. Europa League it is for us.

We're quite a bit off Man City but not far from Atletico Madrid. This was Juve's first Champions League run out in three years. Quarter finals were expected but we fell short. Hopefully we can win the league this year to get top seed next season or, at least, a decent run to get 2nd seeds

image.thumb.png.db9f7692fec5e4a3c2033e04d6bc5a6c.png

Disappointing away defeats to Lazio and Inter have cost us top spot (also dropped points 3-0 away to Milan early in the season and an annoying 0-0 draw with Empoli). Would be doing a lot better if we were allowed to play the fucking player I signed

image.thumb.png.0e8f233972fc1504fa1469c4705ce53c.png

Pinto Nunes is doing well in a number of posistions, Conte's dropped off after a good start. Already gutted that Tiéhi and Durand are fucking off back to Man City after this season as they wont extend the loan and I cant afford them. de Ligt is retiring but Poirier and van Dijk are decent. Bernard covered for Bronic while he was injured and done well. The makings of a good team are here but I cannae decide if I want to splash out on a coupla more big signings or hoover up all the young talent and do a longer term effort