Six Continents (take two)

AsimButtHitsASix

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Send KWB the save and he can continue it. 

I played the free FM 2020 on Steam and remembered why I stopped playing.  It's moved so far away from the likes of CM 01/02.  I can't even begin to get my head around the intricacies of it now.

I leave it to the professionals :lol: 

Aye, I'm still on FM18 right now and although I like some of the depth, I'm always considering installing CM01/02 again. 

Someone just released an up to date database for that by the way, I don't have a link but you can enjoy coming 2nd with Morales and Kent laughing at the rest of the diddies with the game!

On 26/03/2020 at 09:15, KnightswoodBear said:

I played the free FM 2020 on Steam and remembered why I stopped playing.  It's moved so far away from the likes of CM 01/02.  I can't even begin to get my head around the intricacies of it now.

I leave it to the professionals :lol: 

Give FM Touch a try.

On 17/03/2020 at 10:12, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Guacho state league or whatever the f**k it was called...
image.png.7159dfc481404eb3a1eab4911aee07fc.png

image.thumb.png.f727327a30b301266016c6676ba88bf0.png

image.png.c07a0f42603640563c4a1ef551f422cc.png

Pretty straight forward?

Naw. 

There is also this table
image.thumb.png.9bbd72714ffa5fbf73f890c1cd210206.png

So there will be another group, B1, which is another mini league like the first but with all the teams I never played first time (I think?) and we will do the whole thing over again with semi finals and finals BUT all the group stage matches will be added to the table above to find an overall winner as well.

Anyway SC Internacional are our biggest rivals (one of the biggest derbies in Brazil) and another Serie A side so the fact I smashed the 4-0 bodes well for the future. Although there is always the chance they didn't take it as seriously as I? My board told me to take it pretty fucking serious.

Only weak position in the squad was a right back and splashed out a coupla million for a Colombian fella who looks good. Aside from the two loans I mentioned earlier I've snapped up a bunch of free transfers to bulk out the squad where there isn't much depth. All the guys I've signed are 30+ experienced internationals who I expect to stick around for a year. Will, hopefully, challenge for the title but my main aim is Libertadores qualification. The money I'm saving by not spending much and not putting out huge amounts of wages means I can identify which parts of my squad need work and go for quality over quantity long term.

Right that was part one. Part two went thus...

image.thumb.png.ed6658e63555265935978967ad2e44d1.png

Needed a big win on the last day to do that after a shitey run of games. But we made the semi final of the second stage... thing

image.thumb.png.66b6b8250e5fa09ee63f16c85139f983.png

Sao Jose are a Serie B team, I think, everyone else before the Internacional semi final were Serie C and below. We should have won those three drawn games but were shite in front of goal. Saved all the shots on target for the last game. Even game in the semi. We got beat. I don't care.

image.thumb.png.90f829996b638831996918fc56386f3c.png

Coming 3rd is embarrassing but I don't care. I just want to get the league started. My squad's ready. I have a very average squad and I am quite happy to just let them get on with the season so I can save money and make an attack on all fronts next year. Just need to make sure I get into the Libertadores. As you can see I won my first tie in the Sudamerica. 

AsimButtHitsTheWorldCup

Chile in the World Cup. In a group with Wales and China (China's squad is still over 50% Gu R&F players)

Game v Wales

image.thumb.png.56720aa2241a92b37b195bb0ecace89c.png

Fairly even game but they had the better quality of chances. Their second goal came from a run from James from inside his own box to mine beating three players en route. I can't really complain about the result. We never got going

China and Wales then drew in the other game

and ourselves v China?

We needed a win and we got this...

image.thumb.png.fa3dc905f37a26fd3ec0178aa8f8ff56.png

Finished 2nd behind Wales but through to the 2nd round

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

2nd round was against host nation USA. 

image.thumb.png.8e9ba472b3f08434fddd2bc2c1b78fa7.png

Well we rode our luck, they were the better team, had two goals chopped off for offised and Weah missed a decent number of sitters. We made it to the third round which was what the nation expected

image.thumb.png.f8e5245ee10f086d8f2bfade24be9af5.png

Oh well

Will see what international jobs come up after the World Cup now. Italy got papped out in the first round by Jamaica and Syria so I'm expecting to see that one arrive. Do I have the rep for it?

So back to the main game. We looked at the state leagues, went alright, meh, can't begin to explain my indifference. Sold a few squad players and signed some handy looking youngsters. There's a decent amount of squad players I picked on a free. 
image.thumb.png.80e6d41aaaf4ad0d1fc6af992d5ffd8b.png

And here's how the league looks
image.thumb.png.8b32d390beeadcdaebcee3c23fbb20f9.png

image.png.b288d9ee4b88a7cd17768725b7ec99bf.png

Was a but torn between Brazil, France and New Zealand. New Zealand was the easy option. I could win the Oceania Football Championships nae bother but decided that was the coward's way out. Managing in Brazil I like the thought of being Brazil manager and, also, I reckon winning the continental trophies available to Brazil would be easier than the Euros but, in the end, I'm already managing in South America and I want my stock high as f**k by the time I reach Europe so I can take over one of the top teams. So I'm now France manager,

My second season in China with Shenhua has been full of "what ifs". Weiss and Simon Terodde have absolutely ripped it up in front of goal but the defence is shoddy no matter what. Nearing the season end and I've resorted to a 5-1-1-2-1 with the front 3 tasked with all the attacking work. 

Near the start of the year, the Asian Champions League campaign started and finished in the group stage. A win over group winners Sydney then two draws was followed by a 5-6 and a 2-5 defeat before winning the rubber game 4-3 against Okayama. 

Pumped out the Chinese Cup 5-1 by Changchun. 

Probably finishing 5th in the league. 

Desperately applying for jobs in South America as I'm only interested in winning SOMETHING in each continent, a coward's version of Asim's game! 

I just realised if I had taken the state league a weee bit more serious I could be in the running for six competitions this year. Will need to make do with four... State League part A is already in the bag. We also have...

Copa de Brasil

image.thumb.png.94f1dcd3370cea06c3a4f722baff1990.png

Now when I took on Palmeiras they were six points ahead of me in the league and I was an equal amount ahead of third in the league and they were unbeaten. They really looked unbeatable and, although I had started well in the league myself, that 3-1 victory (three up in the first ten minutes) really had me believing I could do something pretty special with this team. 

Copa Sudamerica

I know it's the UEFA cup of South America but the drop off between the Libertadores and the Sudamerica seems to be bigger. I've been basically playing a 2nd string so far (apart from that 2nd leg v Millonarios). The top half dozen in the league make the Libertadores so it's really some right average dross in there even from the big leagues of Argentina and Brazil. I don't know if the winner automatically gets into the Libertadores or whatever so this, like the Copa de Brasil, is a wee brucie bonus. I'll certainly make the big cup through the league anyway

image.thumb.png.08ae8f63ae8ef593c278d28935021bbd.png

The league...

image.thumb.png.21205fef727f961c9af6fd70d0529523.png

Can't mind what went wrong with that Sao Paulo game. I think I just played shite. We were 1-1 when we got a sending off v Paranaense with ten minutes to go. I went to a flat back three, moving a full back into the centre, and, almost immediately, he got sent off for a horror tackle and they scored direct from the free kick. Stuck with the two at the back hoping to get one back and they just ran amok. Ach well. Reacted well after that.

image.thumb.png.85db0113ac40e499edc90097d271d4f3.png

So it's looking half decent so far. I did lose a few players when their release clause was met sadly. I'll do a wee roundup of my squad of sorts now to show ye ma bois

Edited by AsimButtHitsASix

First here's the two key players I lost due to their release clause being met. This fella was my first choice striker (9 goals in 18 apps and rating of 7.22) but after knocking back Liverpool, Man City and Real Madrid eventually Man U got him for £35,000,000 

Untitled.thumb.png.6390c920cc8e560d21d21b85b640a84f.png

Likewise this monster of a centreback is gone. Only for £10,500,000 as well. Raging. Was busy doing France stuff and never even noticed his clause had been met. Unlike Jesum, who knocked back a new contract, I wonder if I would have been able to keep this guy. Also a 7.22 rating and 5 goals in 15 appearances from corners. 

Untitled.thumb.png.c98b315e4ef88798e059a11d625cb463.png

Now my plan was to keep the squad pretty much as it was but there were a few players I had scouted with release clauses I was looking to sign next year but, with this wee windfall, decided to strike while the iron was hot. So here's the squad...

Alright here's my keepers; including reserves and youths (senior squad in bold)

Untitled.thumb.png.2c7f5260d4f81e51e84940483ca6fa76.png

I really like Jori. He's a solid pair of hands but he's been injured a coupla times here and there.
Jandrei has been injured fairly constantly and, after signing Hansen, I transfer listed him. 
Hansen was available on a free and with Jandrei injured and Pinga and Mateus out on loan I needed a back up. He's retiring at the end of the season.
Hansen then got injured too so I brought in Conrado on a free transfer and, no word of a lie, on the day he would have made his debut he got injured. Luckily that happened in the same week that Jandrei went from red to orange with his injury so he managed to get a coupla games in. As he was my only (half) fit keeper...
Joao Donosor came in on loan. I instantly threw him in the U20s but with all my other keepers being crocks he's handy to have around. Good potential rating so might snap him up anyway.
Pinga was here when I arrived and he'll get a new contract and be third choice next year probably. Jori and Mateus will be first two and Jandrei and Conrado can beat it.
Mateus looks really good but I'd rather he was getting game time on loan than sitting on my bench,

Untitled.thumb.png.ff85c22ac778c14f277eb9167249d62d.png

Right backs: straight away we can ignore anything about the folk out on loan. I know nothing beyond what the assistant manager rates them. Reinaldo will certainly get put into the first team squad next year as we're short on centre backs and Abilo might be a good back up in a few positions

Pacheco was supposed to be my only major signing this year and has been great. Maybe could offer a bit more going forward at times but he's solid and covers the ground well. Rodriguez was first choice when I arrived. He's a decent back up but wont be getting his contract renewed. I realise Rodriguez has the better rating but he played more often against the diddy teams in the state leagues so a lot of the average ratings can't be taken too seriously.

Silva was a player who looked good and had a fairly cheap release clause compared to his potential. Both footed and can play both full back positions. Toloi is ancient and good cover at all three defensive positions. I doubt Schwaizer looks useful but not ready yet. 

Untitled.thumb.png.13cb85f7aa3e84b14b2874f8c864fb38.png

Onto the left backs. As I said above Silva and Toloi are covering both full back positions. We can basically say Pacheco is first choice right back and Rodriguez and back up. On the left Lanza is first choice with Silva as back up and Toloi covering both in emergencies.

Lanza is a demon. I always play in such a way that full backs hit the byline or burst into the box and are important attacking players. Lanza is my favourite fullback since I started this save he just constantly pops up in the final third and each of his goals have been belters.

As before the boys on loan mean little to me but I can't see any of them making much impact next season. Henrique was available on a free and offers cover as the DMC and DC at a push. Napoli was another cheap free transfer who can cover a few positions (usually midfield). Joao Antonio has Liverpool after him but I want him to be the 2nd choice left back next season. 

Cinval and Geninho both keep getting bids from other Brazilian clubs but they're worth holding onto. Good stats in the right positions.