Six Continents (take two)

AsimButtHitsASix

I decided to back to Africa. I accepted a job at AS Dauphin Noir because I liked the name. Historically seem to be a lower mid table team in the DRC Ligue 1. Expected to finish 12th. Was one of those annoying teams I'll get to in a minute. Here's the league at the half way point

1.thumb.png.5a1ed681fa6e11821865b04c484583d5.png

As average as it gets really. Now I think I can win this league if ye give me a coupla years. Or, like, I would if they knew how to manage finances. I'm paying about 60% of the wage budget but still making huge losses. I think I will give this club three years tho because this is a long term save and I see how well Golden whatevers are doing in Nigeria now (finished 4th) and I think if I had stayed I would have had a good shout at the league. I mean if a really good job comes up I might consider it but this is me for the time being a think. With these c***s...

1.thumb.png.5f1891d75f5262d18bf2a50f6b874d59.png

Now, looking at that, let me tell you that Muzungo Lukembo (half way down AMR) was a full five stars ability AND potential when I turnt up. So when my scout was saying guys were three/four stars I was snapping them up. Then, after I signed that lot, I was getting new guys who were the full five star ability, I signed them and then NEW players were even better. So I feel like I wasted a big amount of the wage on what have turned out to be squad players but, still, it's a base to work from. Even since I screen grabbed this squad I've brought in about 8 or 9 players in the transfer window who were all 4/5 stars compared to this lot. Assuming there isn't another rush in the post/pre season of players who are even better surely I'm a bit more evened out? f**k knows. Defence are looking solid. Nicking the odd goal. Fairly happy. Especially with this guy

1.thumb.png.290e3634d8f2e313b8ee3f97bacf527e.png

He was on TWO STARS ability when I turnt up. He is just great. He keeps getting better. He's solid as a rock at centre back. He's a good option in the DMC. His stats are all high where it matters. 16 years old? Amazing.

Anyway after the excitement of the OFC Champions League expect it to be a bit tame for the time being. 

Oh yeah. Regarding side quest: I needed to win in South Africa against South Africa with Sierra Leonne to qualify for the ANC. Was 2-1 up and conceded a 96th minute equaliser. Rage applied for the Sudan job. I'm the Sudan manager now. 

That's Malaysia and Sierra Leone where I have managed to finish 3rd in a 4 team qualifying group when one shitey goal has stopped me making an unexpected appearance at a continental competition. 

Look at this beautiful b*****d by the way?
image.thumb.png.0fe7dbbd19045cbca33ae615d28df7d4.png

Shame about him doing his cruciate ligament. Poor b*****d didn't deserve that.

image.thumb.png.e59bd6d7af79b58590b62ece4a3107f4.png

Here's how the season ended. Best ever finish for Dauphin Noir. Nae money available for me to get my continental pro license. Still big squad changes coming up this year so I'm gonna go for it: we're going for the league next year (or at least top 3)

Midseason break and, fair to say, it's not going well
image.thumb.png.0e3d8941e23de4e7765a1f6e93ac2912.png

image.thumb.png.5783908037f0bc7cf7f231459cf9bc7d.png

What's surprised me most is how shit our foreign players have been. I kinda expected Mahrez and the like to be hitting 8/10 each week but they've been below average. Will quite happily sell the entire squad. So we'll see how this transfer window goes. I haven't loaded up the 2nd tier so if I can't drag this team of shitehawks out of the bottom two I'm unemployed.

Shoulda stayed with Dauphin Noir.

On 01/01/2020 at 21:34, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The best of the bunch is this week guy...

image.thumb.png.8600ee626c9bdd54f7e66d0d383f7b1e.png

Couldn't play him for the first coupla months as he was on international duty with Nigeria U23s but scored a hat trick of free kicks on his debut. Some niggling injuries, being that young he keeps needing rested, and international call ups has limited his playing time but he's fucking awesome.

Mind this guy from the first season?
image.thumb.png.2d9d68487a9dc16ba024e713a7d33a6e.png

750k for him. We hugged and shed a tear at the airport when he arrived. He's grown up so fast. He's now my best player, a full star better than Mahrez, which shows the quality of him. £28,000,000 release clause.

Sold a few of the foreigners and got a few more in on free transfers and used the money to improve the Chinese contingent of the squad. But they all fucking hate me for selling everyone and leaving the squad depth shite. But we've got a GOOD first XI now rather than 20 shite players. Last throw of the dice

Guanghou R&F Season 2023: a tale in three parts. Part 1: Robert Donadoni

Signore Donadoni came in at the end of the last season for reasons I don't care about and spent £30,000,000 to achieve this

image.png.cbfb7208370a08626a005a87abdc7f45.png

He was, unsurprisingly, sacked. 

Part 2: Mick McMenemie

Mr McMenemie came in, fresh from dragging some Vanuatan nobodies to the Oceanic Champions League and some Congolese nobodies to... mid table. Anyway, stuck with the lop sided pish Donadoni had on offer he managed this

image.png.60be61e114c9f86e6d8aefb7058f3ba6.png

We can all agree: a vast improvement. But, despite leading against Shandong and Beijing with ten minutes to go managed to throw 6 points away. Also getting papped out of the Chinese Cup so early meant he finished before the summer break bottom of the league, still six points from safety: one point worse off than when he arrived. His job was already insecure and the bookies were already discussing possible replacements. What could he do?

Part 3: Fight or flight

image.thumb.png.a53ffb15d7600b5e8c6ed9b4086712e4.png

WAS THERE EVERY ANY DOUBT? WAS THERE f**k. Safety was guaranteed in October but, sadly, the top half remained frustratingly out of touch. The board were STILL not satisfied, c***s, and, as such, are now demanding Champions League qualification (top 4) this season. Thankfully the points total over these games, stretched out over a season, would be enough for such a position this year. Is Asia about to crumble under the juggernaut? 

Sold billy big baws Mahrez because he got an average rating of 7.05. Which is the equivalent of Lewis Stevenson getting an average rating of 7.05 in the Methil over 65s Welfare League. So here's the squad for the season ahead:
image.thumb.png.92c148b7080b96b4ed0f2ffef4beb256.png

A few youngsters kicking about to make up the numbers but no plans on bringing anyone else in. Diaz and Felipe will battle for SC. Diaz can also play AM RLC. Webster will start against teams better than us but might be left out to allow Diaz to play behind Felipe against diddies. We're allowed 4 foreigners in the squad unless one is from Hong Kong, Taiwan or Macau. So we've got a pretty shite HK midfielder in to make up the numbers. Likewise we're allowed 3 foreigners on the pitch unless one is from them countries so having him around seems useful. 

Halfway point of the 5th(?) season. My first full season at Guangzhou R&F. Interesting footnote: my missus's family are originally from Guangzhou. Well... the Chinese part. Would be weird if her Irish granda was also from South China. Look at this sea of green...
image.thumb.png.c9b22191a47d883e9aadf45bba9ff0a4.png

So, as you can see, it's going well. image.thumb.png.985c73eb1aeb6195def6c0dd1490b3f3.png

Quite a small squad doing it as well

image.thumb.png.38abb6527c66655debffd8b9fbd42033.png

Now I don't want to say we're a one man team but if Said plays well: we win. If he doesn't... we still win sometimes. Felipe and Diaz are both kinda average as the SC. Felipe has a better scoring record but Diaz seems more a handful. Felipe being more like a poacher. Qianglong, the left winger, is scoring for fun as, for some reason, all my left wingers do. Guo Tong is an incredible keeper: China's star player. Will be nicking him whenever I leave if possible. Centre backs have been immense (this includes Lian Shaowen who is equally adept at DC and SC but hasn't played a minute upfront). Adam Webster has been injured but will be back for the second half of the season. I have an MC from Uzbekistan who I want to bring in which means dropping either Felipe or Diaz from the squad. Will probably choose Felipe as he can get games on loan somewhere (hopefully) and come back a better player. In the Asian Champions League yer allowed 4 foreigners but at least one has to be Asian so the Uzbek will fill that role.

Going well aint it?

Some wee footnotes. First of all: this centre back

image.thumb.png.49631ddffbecaeeb7b72811a7780766b.png

Not only have all my defenders excelled but they're scoring goals too. I think I've scored 15 goals from set pieces all in (including 7 from IDFKs). But look at this tackling stats. High 90s all round. I'm loving it.

Check out my financial constraints as well *flexes*

image.thumb.png.38f678aa5995d8e029e83790da258f01.png

One quarter of the wage bill of the top club. Less than a third of the wage bill of our city rivals. Everyone else is spending millions but we're money up over the season from selling all our overpaid foreigners. This is going incredibly well. Ye know the secret? Not having a team of shite Chinese players relying on a few megastars. I've made great efforts to ensure I sign good quality Chinese players then send them away to learn Cantonese as soon as they arrive. Got a really close knit squad. Everyone loves everyone else and they're just the best that China has to offer. Check out China's key players...

image.png.d245b6e9c578bbddda40974a0a135175.png

100% sure I'll make the AFC Champions League. 80% sure I'll win the league this year as well. So here for at least another year.

Got my Pro License as well and the side quest to qualify for the ANC with Sudan is on track after a win at home v Seychelles and a draw away against Comoros.

Just before the end of the transfer window some Slovakian fella, five star ratings from my scouts, was available for £300k due to a foreign club release clause whilst Diaz, who is good but not great, was worth £6,000,000. So I sold Diaz, signed the Slovak, and tried to pap Felipe out on loan. That aside there was no movement in the transfer window. Very happy with my squad in general.
image.thumb.png.580af46356e59a7678c31355e542106c.png

image.thumb.png.2a2b01ac187175b6966e903c4a042cc5.png

Some boy this Delgado. Great behind the striker, as the main striker, right wing or even on the left. He's just been awesome. About half his goals are free kicks as well. 

So I just got offered a contract extension for the following two seasons. Will try and win the Asian Champions League in those two seasons. If I don't manage it then I reckon it might be easier if I can get a job at one of the BIG Chinese clubs who can spend £50,000,000+ and £150k p/w on a player. Should be a skoosh with that sorta money to play with.

Now I was very confident of winning the Asian Champions League with Said. Without him? Still got a good chance I reckon. Beijing were beaten finalists last year and I'm better than them even without Said (who is fucking smashing it at Bayern Munich btw. He might be my favourite FM player ever considering I got him as an amateur, on a free, from some Nigerian non-league team at the start of the game) 

So I sold that Slovak striker because he as alright but not amazing and tripled my money on him. Pleasing. Deciding to go with an all Chinese attack. Uzbek fella remains at MC and Webster remains as D RLC and that gives me two spots for foreigners. Splashed out £5,000,000 on a REALLY GOOD young attacking left back from Denmark who is 19 but already has two caps and got some nobody on a free transfer after his release from Man U. Now my Uzbek MC and Danish LB are both 4 star ability with rising potential. My two English defenders are 3.5 star ability (although the new fella has decent potential). My plan, for what it's worth, is to try and win the Champions League this year and, if I fail, ditch the two averagey English lads and bring in absolute quality. I was offered Lacazette, for instance, this year for £135k and he was 33 and about to nose dive off a cliff with his physical stats but was rated 98 by my scouts. Two guys like that next year on high wages to supliment the squad would surely be enough to win the Champions League?

Another surprising bonus has been the improvement of the training/youth has saw guys come through who are four star potential. They're not good enough for teh first team yet but the "big" Chinese clubs offer me silly money for them and the board accepts it. I don't mind really. Selling a 16 year old left back who wont play for two years for £8,000,000 suits me fine.

Here's the squad

image.thumb.png.b5a36a7e9c7b328b071a8d0232f366e3.png

Here's my bad ass left back

image.thumb.png.09b35e720cb5c559e7ad325b68bff63b.png

And, alright, early doors, but here's the results so far

image.thumb.png.7788a34f9700f61b4336f1533d98033b.png

Ulsan are one of the favourites for the competition and we went 60 minutes with ten men in that game so draw was a decent result and played a 2nd string v Beijing as the board weren't bothered about the Super Cup so pretty happy we matched the "best" team in the league with the weans. 

Onwards and upwards