Tony Mac and pollok

combineharvester

Spell check , honest don't buy into that mis-spelling of your club name.
The line handle things differently going forward?? Nearly an admission of not doing it correctly with TMcI [emoji4]

You are right, it technically wasn’t done ‘right’ and should have been done better. My point was it wasn’t done any different to how most junior clubs would have handled it and as a result will likely be done different in the future and other clubs would need to do it different too or run the risk of things like this happening that very rarely happened at this level.

Every manager or player who are paying tax on there earnings are on the same employment laws as the rest of Britain,so is the same rules for sacking someone,first a verbal warning then a written warning then the sack,unless it's gross misconduct then you can sack them on the spot.

3 hours ago, desmond tutu said:

Every manager or player who are paying tax on there earnings are on the same employment laws as the rest of Britain,so is the same rules for sacking someone,first a verbal warning then a written warning then the sack,unless it's gross misconduct then you can sack them on the spot.

And how does that actually work in footballing terms for management? You'd be as well giving the 1st two on day one seeing as results and fan pressure drive these things.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

And how does that actually work in footballing terms for management? You'd be as well giving the 1st two on day one seeing as results and fan pressure drive these things.

Yip its a hard one and just means that junior committee's need to be clued up when employing a manager and have the right contract in place to sign to cover all eventualities.
In senior football, you see all these managers getting sacked after 6 months or a year but in realty those managers are getting paid the rest of their contract.  I can see most contracts of managers in the junior game being for one year and if not suitable after that year then not renewed.

In regards to Tony, it was really becoming unbearable for him, as most fans were going against him, I'm sure I even remember hearing his son was getting involved because of the abuse his father took, no one should take abuse from fans like that but you should know when its time to leave, (then again, Alex Ferguson didn't do that at Man Utd when he nearly got sacked and look what he eventually did lolol).   He should have known when to go but held on, ego maybe yeah but he didn't do the right thing and Pollok couldn't take anymore.  its sad that the guy then took it against Pollok and if the hearsay is right and got a pay off that puts Pollok back a year in money to spend on players then that's sad.  

Think Tony was head manager for there for 5 years, would that be correct ?      So not sure what kind of contract he was one, was it 5 years, 4 years and then renewed.  if so, I definitely don't think Pollok will have a manager on a long term contract again. Not sure what Murdie is on as in, term of contract length, when he took over from being Tony's assistant manager to being head coach at Pollok.

I'm sure its lessons learned in an expensive way for Pollok

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

You can't sack anyone on the spot. You have to follow the ACAS code and invite to disciplinary etc. Otherwise it's an automatically unfair dismissal.

Not sure what paying tax has to do with employment rights.

Plenty of people In UK don’t pay tax (earn less than personal allowances due to part time work).

Yip its a hard one and just means that junior committee's need to be clued up when employing a manager and have the right contract in place to sign to cover all eventualities.
In senior football, you see all these managers getting sacked after 6 months or a year but in realty those managers are getting paid the rest of their contract.  I can see most contracts of managers in the junior game being for one year and if not suitable after that year then not renewed.
In regards to Tony, it was really becoming unbearable for him, as most fans were going against him, I'm sure I even remember hearing his son was getting involved because of the abuse his father took, no one should take abuse from fans like that but you should know when its time to leave, (then again, Alex Ferguson didn't do that at Man Utd when he nearly got sacked and look what he eventually did lolol).   He should have known when to go but held on, ego maybe yeah but he didn't do the right thing and Pollok couldn't take anymore.  its sad that the guy then took it against Pollok and if the hearsay is right and got a pay off that puts Pollok back a year in money to spend on players then that's sad.  
Think Tony was head manager for there for 5 years, would that be correct ?      So not sure what kind of contract he was one, was it 5 years, 4 years and then renewed.  if so, I definitely don't think Pollok will have a manager on a long term contract again. Not sure what Murdie is on as in, term of contract length, when he took over from being Tony's assistant manager to being head coach at Pollok.

I'm sure its lessons learned in an expensive way for Pollok

Unbearable for Tony, haha, unbearable for Pollok fans watching a team with no structure and formation play.

As for abuse to his family, not heard that from Pollok fans, however have certainly heard unprovoked stuff from the mouth of his family at games.

Tony took abuse at games from away fans and home fans towards the end of his time, however equally he was happy to give it out to refs and encouraged Pollok fans to do the same too. So you can’t be happy it’s done one way and not accept it might come your way at some point.

The last two times he has left a club it’s been under a cloud (12 month ban, reduced to 6 at Shotts before he was dismissed at Pollok)

But I am sure it’s not been his fault either time.

As mentioned earlier in the thread. Good luck Cumnock, a club I previously didn’t mind, but happily seen them relegated this season. 18 months max I can see him lasting.

8 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Unbearable for Tony, haha, unbearable for Pollok fans watching a team with no structure and formation play.

As for abuse to his family, not heard that from Pollok fans, however have certainly heard unprovoked stuff from the mouth of his family at games.

Tony took abuse at games from away fans and home fans towards the end of his time, however equally he was happy to give it out to refs and encouraged Pollok fans to do the same too. So you can’t be happy it’s done one way and not accept it might come your way at some point.

The last two times he has left a club it’s been under a cloud (12 month ban, reduced to 6 at Shotts before he was dismissed at Pollok)

But I am sure it’s not been his fault either time.

As mentioned earlier in the thread. Good luck Cumnock, a club I previously didn’t mind, but happily seen them relegated this season. 18 months max I can see him lasting.

Hey I'm not sticking up for the guy ffs (lolol).
I had to watch some of the games as well and came away thinking 'not good'
I think he should have gone two years before hand, that was really up to the committees choice but they then gave him the chance to buy a lot of players in one season near the end of his tenure and suppose  that was the last throw and it never worked out .
In regards to the stuff with his son, yes there was nothing aimed at his son, If I remember correctly, his son was arguing back with fans who where giving tony abuse, that's all.
I'm sure its hard being a manager of a junior team especially one where the stature of Pollok and what the fans expect.

Good luck to Cumnock, the club took him on, defiantly would not have been my choice if I was in the Cumnock committee 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

2 hours ago, superpollok said:

Not sure what paying tax has to do with employment rights.

Plenty of people In UK don’t pay tax (earn less than personal allowances due to part time work).

Beacause all employees are on PAYE that's the rules.im sure players and management at the club were the same.

Beacause all employees are on PAYE that's the rules.im sure players and management at the club were the same.

You implied that people who pay tax have employment rights. I was only pointing out that those who don’t pay tax also have rights.

Paying tax is not the tick box that gives your rights.