Tony Mac and pollok

combineharvester

25 minutes ago, Lokloyal said:

No you are not correct.

He brought Lok back to life by immediate promotion after the legacy managers left us in the shit.

He got us to the Scottish Cup final in a game I am sure we would have won if extra time had been played but lost on the lottery of penalties.

He built us up as far as he could and most Lok fans really appreciated that.

happy  New year Tony  

No you are not correct.
He brought Lok back to life by immediate promotion after the legacy managers left us in the shit.
He got us to the Scottish Cup final in a game I am sure we would have won if extra time had been played but lost on the lottery of penalties.
He built us up as far as he could and most Lok fans really appreciated that.

Hmmm.

He brought us straight back up after playing his part in us being relegated (despite what he would likely believe, 11 games out of 22 he was in charge for)and consolidated things in the top league that I agree with.

The Scottish run included a great victory at Bonnyrigg, probably one of the best performances from Pollok for many years. However that was achieved with a fantastic support from the club to allow him to have the financial support to build a squad with both Winters brothers and Carlo Monti. However we did then get to the final by only scoring penalties from the 1/4s and the 2 1/2 final matches. So carried luck to get there.

The final itself the best player at the club in the run up to the final was Heppy. A guy with pace on a large park being able to run at a slow Beith defence. However the manager being his stubborn self stuck to his favourites, something that was without a doubt the story of his time at Pollok.

He stayed too long, as we consistently repeated the same failings, with a splattering of hope each season quickly diminished by the lack of consistency in team shape and playing his favourites

His actions at the end of his time at the club in how he conversed with supporters, his actions at a certain game and his actions after he has left will be how he will be remembered by the majority of Pollok fans.

so all the things I've read on a certain football club fans website slating him since the day he joined the club are all made up....seen with my own eyes on numerous occasions the things been said about him...like get out our club ya tarrier b.....................after we beat them 1-0 at newlandsfield a few years back...a game our own manager was abused and our goalkeeper also from large parts of the crowd.....you have a nasty element and it aint just a few.....

What’s this certain fans website you refer to?

As the only Pollok fans website is the unofficial forum and nothing of the sort has been posted on that about him.

2 hours ago, Town Crier said:

so all the things I've read on a certain football club fans website slating him since the day he joined the club are all made up....seen with my own eyes on numerous occasions the things been said about him...like get out our club ya tarrier b.....................after we beat them 1-0 at newlandsfield a few years back...a game our own manager was abused and our goalkeeper also from large parts of the crowd.....you have a nasty element and it aint just a few.....

Complete nonsense, everybody knows Pollok are the St Pauli of the Soo Side.

5 hours ago, Town Crier said:

No I don't believe he was slated from the start as I'm sure everyone was excited at his appointment and expected big things during his spell at first many where for him and there was success at winning trophies nearly every year but not the trophies that were wanted, being the Premier league and the Scottish cup. I remember being at games in the last couple of seasons of his tenure and it was erratic to say the least and his final season were definitely more against than for but he had more on his side in the committee room I'd say.  Think it was his final year he was given money and went out and bought about 8 players and this time fans didn't want excuses and wanted the trophies that had eluded them but it just didn't work out with bad injury's with players at the start of the season and the strain was showing with the fans and views were divided and even his loyal fans stuck up for him but you knew they weren't even convinced themselves. 

Me personally, in regards to the way he carried on with the youth academy I felt it was hard work to get our lads noticed and the stuff he said about what he did at Pollok academy during his commentary chats during the Scottish Junior cup were a joke, delusional comes to mind, he was pig headed and thinks he's always right. 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Pollock where in a bit of a state when he took over. I know they are a big club but when was the last premier league or Scottish they won?

He got them in a position where they where competing again at the top end. 

Do Pollock fans really believe they will win the premier or Scottish with the current management set up? 

Let’s be honest the recruitment in the summer has been poor, and fortunes spent to attract some of those signings. 

1 minute ago, maggotman said:

How are you Tony? Sent McClusky any texts recently and cost Pollok a few grand? Chased any Kilbirnie fans? Lied about going on holiday/ work instead of going to a Pollok game? Or are these just nasty rumours?

I can assure you I’m not Tony mate, I couldn’t care what said against him in slightest. I dint think for the money he spent that there was enough success during his time at the club.

Im asking the question do fans think the current set up will bring success. It’s not been a great spell so far, let’s be honest with the financial resources available the recruitment should be better and the club should be in a stronger position  

We have been good this season and have a strong squad.Lets see how things unfold.The league may be just a step too far with the dropped points and Auchinlecks games in hand.And I am not Tony-that’s for sure.If only the keyboard detectives knew lol!

8 hours ago, Town Crier said:

Nonsense.He gradually just ran out of time and had nothing more to offer.

And Lok are a side who exist as an alternative to the nonsense and bigotry of Glasgow senior football.We don’t want anything to do with either of those clubs.

10 hours ago, New too this said:

Pollock where in a bit of a state when he took over. I know they are a big club but when was the last premier league or Scottish they won?

He got them in a position where they where competing again at the top end. 

Do Pollock fans really believe they will win the premier or Scottish with the current management set up? 

Let’s be honest the recruitment in the summer has been poor, and fortunes spent to attract some of those signings. 

Lok had a great team in the mid 00s - but (IMO) a mistake was made in a managerial appointment late in that decade. Too many players were signed on 2 year deals and that manager did not see out his first season, leaving the next guy (a previous manager) with a squad that was hard to reshape - though he did what he could in those circumstances. When he moved on, the next guy pretty much gutted the entire side and tried to build from scratch. That failed and the descent began.

And it's Pollok btw.

Edited by cmontheloknow

7 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

And Lok are a side who exist as an alternative to the nonsense and bigotry of Glasgow senior football.We don’t want anything to do with either of those clubs.

Keep telling yourself that. Everyone else knows a large number of your fans don’t ‘reject’ the old firm.

7 hours ago, Lokloyal said:

Can see my late father in law and one time Pollok committee man from Thornliebank looking on with a bemused smile. Pollok, the craft and his seat in the main stand at Ibrox probably covered 90% of his waking hours.  

I know you're well meaning Lokloyal and it's the 21st Century but trying to pass off Pollok as some sort complete opposite of Glasgow reality is odd to say the least. I'd say Pollok regulars are a cross section of the local area in the present time period. Personally my favourite section of the Pollok crew are the marawanna smokers up in the corner of the Shed. They seem pretty chilled.

Can see my late father in law and one time Pollok committee man from Thornliebank looking on with a bemused smile. Pollok, the craft and his seat in the main stand at Ibrox probably covered 90% of his waking hours.  
I know you're well meaning Lokloyal and it's the 21st Century but trying to pass off Pollok as some sort complete opposite of Glasgow reality is odd to say the least. I'd say Pollok regulars are a cross section of the local area in the present time period. Personally my favourite section of the Pollok crew are the marawanna smokers up in the corner of the Shed. They seem pretty chilled.
Aye they dont allow alcohol in the ground but green or hash is allowed lol. Tbh that section of the pollok fans r brand knew apart from 1 guy who kept on slagging my team after they beat us 4-0 and he wis trying 2 get a reaction out me but i was with my boy. I got my own back tho when we beat them a few weeks later in the slc final and i wasnt slow n giving it back 2 him. Karma lol

Mon the papers

On 29/12/2019 at 13:40, combineharvester said:

Was at our game at Shotts yday and herd some guys chatting about Tony mcinally 

were saying he is suing pollok 18k for unfair dismissal .. dnt know if it’s common knowledge

any  one shed any light on it 

Allegedly Pollock made a complete James Hunt of it and a cut and dried case for Batman.

Allegedly Pollock made a complete James Hunt of it and a cut and dried case for Batman.

Firstly the team you mention were not his employees, but overlooking that and ignoring the deliberate small minded pettiness - please explain how most junior clubs let their managers go? I am pretty sure it’s not that different to this situation. The only difference was the action of the person after it.

That said, I am sure we will handle things very different going forward which means we unfortunately tar all people with the same brush as a result of one persons actions.

I hope Cumnock have went in with their eyes wide open.

13 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Firstly the team you mention were not his employees, but overlooking that and ignoring the deliberate small minded pettiness - please explain how most junior clubs let their managers go? I am pretty sure it’s not that different to this situation. The only difference was the action of the person after it.

That said, I am sure we will handle things very different going forward which means we unfortunately tar all people with the same brush as a result of one persons actions.

I hope Cumnock have went in with their eyes wide open.

Spell check , honest don't buy into that mis-spelling of your club name.

The line handle things differently going forward?? Nearly an admission of not doing it correctly with TMcI :)

Edited by The Ilford Drummer