Queen of the South vs Dundee United

You hear very little from opposition fans after our games aside from how bad Dundee United apparently are. I'd hate to think how many points clear we would be if we were any good.

This, after every game, opposition fans come on here and slate how bad united are and especially shankland, getting boring af

14 points clear, drink it in

Met Danny Carmichael in the Car Park  before the game .   He had been in the gym and when he told me Kidd and El Bak were in there too I thought about jumping back in the car given the selection issues already.

Taking all that into consideration we did well to stay in the game so long.

First half United dominated and with their pace and movement it seemed like they had an extra man on the pitch. 

They also closed us down very quickly all game which prevented us finding any rhythm which probably contributed to us going long more than normal.

May have been down to the selection issues but some of our players looked lost  1st half and there was a lot of moaning and arm waving by Murray and Hamilton in particular.

Strangely, after the goal we seemed to come more in to the game and with a bit of luck may have snatched an equaliser late on.

We looked more threatening when Hamilton was replaced and had more pace in the final third.

Thought Kilday and Osman were very good today but Murray - who has been excellent -  had his poorest game of the season.

Always disappointed to lose but given all the injuries etc thought we did not too badly today and a 1-0 loss to the runaway leaders is not disastrous.

Hopefully by next week  we will have a full squad to pick from.

You hear very little from opposition fans after our games aside from how bad Dundee United apparently are. I'd hate to think how many points clear we would be if we were any good.
We offered nothing going forward and Utd got the job done. If you think they were anything other than adequate then that's fair enough but I won't rave about a team if I don't think they were particularly great. Utd are consistent though and are comfortably top as a result.

2 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

I don't. They are bang average.

They were nothing to write home about today, but they're strolling the league and are among the six biggest clubs in the country.  

If they go up, as seems likely, I expect them to stay up for a good while, given that before this latest four year exile, they'd only spent one season outside the top flight in over four decades.

They need some hefty investment on that current squad. Definitely jealous of their resources and a club that size shouldn't be in championship.

They were nothing to write home about today, but they're strolling the league and are among the six biggest clubs in the country.  
If they go up, as seems likely, I expect them to stay up for a good while, given that before this latest four year exile, they'd only spent one season outside the top flight in over four decades.

This wasn’t our first odd goal shitfest win this season, and won’t  be our last.

After a 4 goal pumping last time, any win will do.

Since our last visit to Palmerston, we have played 11, won 10 and drawn 1, scoring 22 and conceding 3 in the process.

Shite right enough eh?

The Doonhamers do make a fair point about our woeful inadequacy however....

Dropping 2 points to that shower of shite is fucking unforgivable!!

All this whining is better than the result imho. Fantastic array of heads gone although its usually a Sunday it happens on P&B so can a few of you wait until midnight at least?

TBH there is a fair proportion of us not whining.
Re those who are it’s hardly a surprise after a lost game against a team who shut the game down as United did. I and others thought they made an excellent job of that. It wasn’t pretty but it was clearly highly effective.

Never saw or heard anything I waited until all players left the pitch Neilson was getting pelters from home crowd as he left. Unsurprisingly as he thot he was refereeing the match.... 

Of all the managers and their assistant to come to Palmerston, I’ve never seen a pair badgering the stand side linesman as much as this duo! When Gordon Forrest got booked, Robbie Neilson actually thought he was coming for him! It was frustratingly boring!! All in all, Dundee United were guilty of gamesmanship on and off the park!!

As for the game, I thought Dundee United shaded it, but only just. If the Queen’s were at full strength the result could have been different. I thought Lee Kilday was very good again today and should be offered another years deal. We really need to start tying our best players into some sort of contract to have a decent core for the following season.

TBH there is a fair proportion of us not whining.
Re those who are it’s hardly a surprise after a lost game against a team who shut the game down as United did. I and others thought they made an excellent job of that. It wasn’t pretty but it was clearly highly effective.
Present company excluded of course mate