Queen of the South vs Dundee United

That must be the worst display of time wasting that I've ever seen at a football match. Thought the new rule was that they had to leave the pitch at the nearest point.
It looks like this shower of shite are going up, but it won't be long till they're back down again. I bet the likes of Hamilton and Ross County are looking forward to an easy game next season.
I'm more angry with our inept performance tbh. Sadly I expect AJ will focus on the time-wasting as well and it'll distract from how shite we were. It was pathetic but it had nothing to do with our defeat. We can't even say Utd did it to break up play when we were getting a foothold on the game because it never happened.

Poor game today spoiled by a referee
Thought queens deserve something from game
As for Dundee Utd on a few occasions they knocked ball about well but they a team of bullies and was disappointed to see the time wasting that went on
My final issue is Laurence shankland if he is the future for scottish football we are f..ked he is little more than a average player and I think top of championship or bottom of scottish premiership his level but if someone want to pay more £250000 for him Utd sould snap there hands off

1 hour ago, ALOREBURNE said:

0E58B6F1-0DF8-42D8-A617-70C8DBA93CFF.jpeg

Nothing to do with the point you were making, but just wondering where you got that graphic? King didn't get booked, it was Reynolds. King's foul aye, and he could have got booked for it, but looked like Reynolds got the booking for booting the ball away.

2 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Nothing to do with the point you were making, but just wondering where you got that graphic? King didn't get booked, it was Reynolds. King's foul aye, and he could have got booked for it, but looked like Reynolds got the booking for booting the ball away.

Sky sports Score Centre app. Mistakes are common with the ‘pub leagues’. 

2 minutes ago, lowland star said:

As for Dundee Utd on a few occasions they knocked ball about well but they a team of bullies and was disappointed to see the time wasting that went on
My final issue is Laurence shankland if he is the future for scottish football we are f..ked he is little more than a average player and I think top of championship or bottom of scottish premiership his level but if someone want to pay more £250000 for him Utd sould snap there hands off

I'd have lyndon Dykes before Shankland. Really good championship player but he's been overhyped. 

21 minutes ago, Toshson said:

That must be the worst display of time wasting that I've ever seen at a football match. Thought the new rule was that they had to leave the pitch at the nearest point.
It looks like this shower of shite are going up, but it won't be long till they're back down again. I bet the likes of Hamilton and Ross County are looking forward to an easy game next season.

Nonsense. It was a truly outstanding display of timewasting. Professional in every respect. Players lying down after anything close to a coming together, goalkeeper waiting until he's booked to take a goal kick, balls kicked away, throw ins handed off to another player to take at the last minute. It had the lot. I actually admired how well they did it. If we ever need to waste time this season I hope we do it half as well as that! They were killing the game stone dead from about the hour mark. Just constantly preventing any momentum building in the game and breaking up play. Mission accomplished. To be fair to the referee he played 9 minutes of added time so he was taking note. We could have played all night and not scored though.

As for the game, we were short of bodies and Pybus in particular was a big loss today whilst El Bakhtaoui almost beat United by himself last time. Yet there wasn't an awful lot in it to be fair. I didn't see United's goal or anything else in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half as I was busy. The first half was characterised by United having a lot of the ball and doing nothing at all with it. McCrorie didn't have a save to make. The one good chance of the half came when Dobbie squared for Hamilton in front of goal and he didn't get enough on it and it was blocked on the line. Second half that I saw (by which time it was already 1-0) neither side ever looked much like scoring. Holt had a looping header that drifted past the post but I didn't think it was ever going in. Personally I thought if we were going to stick Callum Semple on up top and launch it at him we should have done it a bit earlier. I might almost have been tempted to make it a direct switch for Hamilton when he came off but I think AJ would have gotten pelters for sticking a centre half on up top with 25 mins to go when we had a young striker on the bench.

Disappointing in that we probably just about deserved a point and it would have left us 5th and in touching distance of Dundee but a 1-0 loss to the CHampions elect certainly isn't a disgrace. Tough week though. Inverness away to come. I'd take a point there too.

32 minutes ago, Toshson said:

IMG_20190721_154321.jpg

4 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Keep it coming lads.

Nonsense. It was a truly outstanding display of timewasting. Professional in every respect. Players lying down after anything close to a coming together, goalkeeper waiting until he's booked to take a goal kick, balls kicked away, throw ins handed off to another player to take at the last minute. It had the lot. I actually admired how well they did it. If we ever need to waste time this season I hope we do it half as well as that! They were killing the game stone dead from about the hour mark. Just constantly preventing any momentum building in the game and breaking up play. Mission accomplished. To be fair to the referee he played 9 minutes of added time so he was taking note. We could have played all night and not scored though.
As for the game, we were short of bodies and Pybus in particular was a big loss today whilst El Bakhtaoui almost beat United by himself last time. Yet there wasn't an awful lot in it to be fair. I didn't see United's goal or anything else in the first 15 mins of the 2nd half as I was busy. The first half was characterised by United having a lot of the ball and doing nothing at all with it. McCrorie didn't have a save to make. The one good chance of the half came when Dobbie squared for Hamilton in front of goal and he didn't get enough on it and it was blocked on the line. Second half that I saw (by which time it was already 1-0) neither side ever looked much like scoring. Holt had a looping header that drifted past the post but I didn't think it was ever going in. Personally I thought if we were going to stick Callum Semple on up top and launch it at him we should have done it a bit earlier. I might almost have been tempted to make it a direct switch for Hamilton when he came off but I think AJ would have gotten pelters for sticking a centre half on up top with 25 mins to go when we had a young striker on the bench.
Disappointing in that we probably just about deserved a point and it would have left us 5th and in touching distance of Dundee but a 1-0 loss to the CHampions elect certainly isn't a disgrace. Tough week though. Inverness away to come. I'd take a point there too.

Heard it kicked off in the directors box after the full time whistle between a United Director/Guest and a few QOS supporters. What was that all about ?

35 minutes ago, Toshson said:

Thought the new rule was that they had to leave the pitch at the nearest point.

It's the refs decision.

United, and QOS, fans should look at bottom half fixtures to truly see time wasting. United fans will hopefully remember their comments in this thread when they host Ross County at home, and at 0-0 after 5 minutes you've got a goalkeeper at a goal moving the ball from one side to the other, backing up to clear his studs, going for a drink, moving the ball again, clearing his studs, then kicking it, while every throw in involves the thrower walking slowly to the ball, kicking it against the nearest wall, picking it up, bouncing it, then slowly wandering to the line.

Almost 90 minutes of that pish at 0-0.

Yep I’ve no real difficulty with the time wasting. The ref added time on and as you say we could still be playing and I doubt we’d have scored. Sitting top of the league and shitehousing your way to 3 points at a ground where you were hammered at last visit seems like a decent day at the office for United. If by some miracle we manage to do something similar on our next visit to Tannadice I’m sure we’ll be given due credit by the United fans.

22 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Heard it kicked off in the directors box after the full time whistle between a United Director/Guest and a few QOS supporters. What was that all about ?

News to me. I saw nothing but was away downstairs within a few seconds of the final whistle. Nobody else mentioned anything to me later though.

16 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep I’ve no real difficulty with the time wasting. The ref added time on and as you say we could still be playing and I doubt we’d have scored. Sitting top of the league and shitehousing your way to 3 points at a ground where you were hammered at last visit seems like a decent day at the office for United. If by some miracle we manage to do something similar on our next visit to Tannadice I’m sure we’ll be given due credit by the United fans.

I'm happy with the three points. Credit's for plucky losers.

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

News to me. I saw nothing but was away downstairs within a few seconds of the final whistle. Nobody else mentioned anything to me later though.

Never saw or heard anything I waited until all players left the pitch Neilson was getting pelters from home crowd as he left. Unsurprisingly as he thot he was refereeing the match.... 

10 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

You hear very little from opposition fans after our games aside from how bad Dundee United apparently are. I'd hate to think how many points clear we would be if we were any good.

Possibly 3 cos if you were any good you might keep the ball in play 

34 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

It was a truly outstanding display of timewasting. Professional in every respect. Players lying down after anything close to a coming together, goalkeeper waiting until he's booked to take a goal kick, balls kicked away, throw ins handed off to another player to take at the last minute. It had the lot. I actually admired how well they did it. If we ever need to waste time this season I hope we do it half as well as that! They were killing the game stone dead from about the hour mark. Just constantly preventing any momentum building in the game and breaking up play. Mission accomplished. 

You've always had an unseemly fondness for football's darker arts.