Queen of the South vs Dundee United

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The points you're making are fair. "Later stages" is laughable though. It was shortly after your goal it began.

I'm glad Utd did it though because we were absolutely toothless throughout and a hit and hope was the only way we would have got something today. Apart from Hamilton's chance we offered nothing. Frustratingly, Utd were the same. The goal was the only test McCrorie faced and to make it worse it was a mistake by Kilday to give away a needless corner. I'll give him a break because he was carrying the extra weight of Shankland in his back pocket.

Defensively we did well today but going forward it was pitiful. Murray and Dobbie well below their usual standard. Pybus and El Bak were massive misses, as were our subs. Absolutely nothing to shake things up today.

We got what we deserved today regardless of Utd's shithousery.

^^^^ Still crying.

Is Lee Robinson part of the United coaching staff? Some next level time wasting.

As for Queens, just no creativity in the midfield. No real options from the bench to choose. I though Hamilton was excellent for us first half. 

6 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

A number of injuries? Haha that’s cute, at least you were able to fill a bench. 

We had to put a centre back up front at the end. The picture below shows both the teams available subs.

0E58B6F1-0DF8-42D8-A617-70C8DBA93CFF.jpeg

Your point about your squad is irrelevant. Our injuries are relative to us and our plan, regardless of your own injuries or team selection. We were playing with a weakened team and had newly occurring injuries during the match. Neilson rightly went for the shitehousery approach, and it worked. 

From a Queens point of view that ended up panning out exactly how I expected when I saw that we had our first choice back 5 available, with an assortment of the remaining fit players making up the rest of the team.  The last 10 minutes or so aside, we basically played to keep the score down, which we successfully managed to do.  In fact we dealt with United pretty easily which makes it all the more frustrating that we were missing a few key players to really have a go at them.  Neither team really looked capable of scoring from open play, but fair play to United they took their chance when it came and whilst they never looked like adding to it, they never looked in danger of losing their lead either.  Even in the latter stages when we threw on Semple up front it was all pretty powderpuff stuff.

I didn't think the time wasting was anything out of the norm, didn't two United players have to be replaced because of injuries so it's not as if they were feigning it?  For once the referee actually added time on for all the stoppages as well, so I've no complaints.  My only gripe is that referees at this level appear to be completely ignoring the new rule about players leaving the pitch at the nearest touchline, but that criticism is directed at the officials not Dundee United.

Bit of a free hit that one so as long as we have come through today without any further injuries I'll be happy enough.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm not one to fixate on time wasting - genuinely I'm not.  There was some moaning on here after our Cup debacle against Queen 's Park, but I saw it as fair enough and certainly no worse than we're often guilty of.

That today however, was quite something.  Given Neilson's touchline antics, it's clear where it comes from, but it's pretty unimpressive.

It worked and that is what matters. It is shit to watch, shit to sit through and even worse if it doesn't come off but it did (and we haven't been able to be in this position during recent seasons so it is satisfying that it has yielded three points). 

5 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

The people of Dumfries turned out in big numbers today to see United and if we didnt put on a show for them thats disappointing.

For many that will have been the last time to see a team like United come to their wee town

Mini pitch invasion at the end, a really big win for you guys. 

I would have taken a narrow defeat before the game, given the players we had available but after the game its a disappointing result. I thought we matched Utd for most of the game, although neither keeper had a save of not to make. Having defended well in open play, to lose a goal from a set piece is really disappointing.

The antics of the Utd players was pretty poor, to be honest. Connolly played on with an injury for a good five minutes before, instead of simply coming off and being substituted, decided to lie down in the middle of the pitch.