Queen of the South vs Dundee United

49 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Kilday had an absolute nightmare at the goal. Bar that thought he was decent. Don’t know how Osman getting mentioned for it he had a man albeit pulled away from him but was well out of harms way

I was thinking going into the half-time break that Kilday would be a good shout for our MOM but as you say he didn't cover himself in glory at their goal,  firstly giving away the cheap corner (should have knocked it out for a shy) and then losing his man to get in a free header. A couple of still photos of the goal also show Hamilton and Mercer not even looking at the corner coming in,  Mercer does look to be marking someone though but Hamilton looks caught in no man's land,  if he watches the corner coming in he could maybe have closed the scorer down a bit. Having said that the United player caught the ball sweet and there was plenty of power behind it so difficult to defend against. 

3 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I was thinking going into the half-time break that Kilday would be a good shout for our MOM but as you say he didn't cover himself in glory at their goal,  firstly giving away the cheap corner (should have knocked it out for a shy) and then losing his man to get in a free header. A couple of still photos of the goal also show Hamilton and Mercer not even looking at the corner coming in,  Mercer does look to be marking someone though but Hamilton looks caught in no man's land,  if he watches the corner coming in he could maybe have closed the scorer down a bit. Having said that the United player caught the ball sweet and there was plenty of power behind it so difficult to defend against. 

It wasn’t difficult to defend. In fact it was very straight forward. 

Just get close to your man. Basic stuff. 

that said. Apart from that the defence played well. 

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Sunday morning up with the lark.

We took all three points at Palmerston Park.

Hey, hey, hey we can waste time all day...

You've been thinking that one out all night haven't you? I'm glad to see that a few Queens fans (and Manager) complaining about time wasting hasn't got under the Arabs' skin though. 

You've been thinking that one out all night haven't you? I'm glad to see that a few Queens fans (and Manager) complaining about time wasting hasn't got under the Arabs' skin though. 
I will fondly remember yesterdays masterclass of time wasting while we play all the big boys again in August whilst you will moan about the likes of Forfar and Clyde doing it to you in League One :)

Ps just kidding, i dont mind QOS and hope you stay up

19 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

4FFE3279-E4C9-48C3-9B1C-1B5C506C831A.jpeg.4041be06969282a3ed3f8d0303f3b13c.jpeg

2 hours ago, QOSQOS said:

Last year set pieces was one of our weaknesses which I thought had been much better this year, helped by a keeper who will come off his line with confidence. Leaving 2 up is I think a good tactic, it ties up 3 opposition players and the hope is that if your keeper gets the ball in his hands he looks to release it quickly and set up an attack.

However,  clearly yesterday something went wrong, it seemed Kilday’s man got a free header and Osman seemed to be in no mans land. As others have said, a man on the post would have stopped it.

Overall, it always had the look of a 1-0, we had our two best inventive players (Dobbs and Murray) not really firing on all cylinders, we lacked any guile around the box. I thought United took a risk in grinding out a 1-0,  it handed the initiative back to us and on other days we could have sneaked an equaliser. 
Although not sure how Hamilton missed from 4 yards, that would have made a big difference. I think it was the only good save either keeper made in the whole game. Can’t have been very exciting for neutrals.....

Hamilton  really shows how much we miss Dykes .

Hamilton needs to be more aggressive that is why he never scored he is to nice and tidy 

11 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

I will fondly remember yesterdays masterclass of time wasting while we play all the big boys again in August whilst you will moan about the likes of Forfar and Clyde doing it to you in League One :)

Ps just kidding, i dont mind QOS and hope you stay up

IF  we go down we will face it head on,  with dignity and a steel-like belief that relegation is the price we must pay for playing the game in the proper gentlemanly manner. 

11 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

IF  we go down we will face it head on,  with dignity and a steel-like belief that relegation is the price we must pay for playing the game in the proper gentlemanly manner. 

You sound like the sort of guy who will happily go over the top when we go to war with Iran.  Are you a Tory?

6 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

That’s America’s beef pal. 

I’d like to think you’re tight, but Johnson’s lack of willingness to criticise Trump’s actions makes me think we are going to get dragged into it.  I hope I’m wrong.

Hamilton  really shows how much we miss Dykes .
Hamilton needs to be more aggressive that is why he never scored he is to nice and tidy 

You took your time. I expected you almost immediately after the game had finished. Suspiciously absent in the last two match threads where we won.

Dundee United: good at game management and romping the league.

Queens: butthurt at said game management and notorious for throwing away points due to late goals.

Rather than the tedious whinging perhaps we should be learning from yesterday.

I guarantee not a single one of the posters complaining will say a word if we run the clock down in similar fashion up in Inverness next week.

2 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

I guarantee not a single one of the posters complaining will say a word if we run the clock down in similar fashion up in Inverness next week.

Can’t ever recall us resorting to that level of shithousery 

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

You sound like the sort of guy who will happily go over the top when we go to war with Iran.  Are you a Tory?

I'll do my bit to protect this proud,  united Island nation if called upon. As for my political alleigance,  I never discuss politics on a football forum and neither do my sons Boris,  Jacob and Reese.