Queen of the South vs Dundee United

My last trip to Dumfries was easily one of the worst away trips I have ever experienced. 

Our footballing performances haven't been great recently, despite our results. I would like to think the players will be extra motivated given the capitulation last time round. Queen of the South are in decent form so it will be a tough game and we may have one or two injury doubts that could affect our system (the dreaded 4231 is almost a guarantee). 

8 minutes ago, qos1990 said:

Hoping we have one or two additions for this game. Especially with Pybus being out suspended

It might be a bit too close to the transfer window opening for new faces to be available but hopefully Johnston and the BoD have been working on some quick deals. Pybus will be a big loss though and hopefully the knock Dobbie took yesterday isn't bad. 

Tough away game against a team in decent form but a chance to extend our lead over one or both of the 2 teams closest to us if we can get a win. Happy with how the defence has been playing but we need to get more support in and around Shankland. Overly optimistic to be hoping for a new body in before the game?

As always, I salute any Utd fans making the trip. Once was enough for me.

3 minutes ago, coppola said:

Tough away game against a team in decent form but a chance to extend our lead over one or both of the 2 teams closest to us if we can get a win. Happy with how the defence has been playing but we need to get more support in and around Shankland. Overly optimistic to be hoping for a new body in before the game?

As always, I salute any Utd fans making the trip. Once was enough for me.

I went down in 2017, the first visit in years.  The game was abandoned at half time.

Won’t be doing it this time around but good luck to them that do.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I went down in 2017, the first visit in years.  The game was abandoned at half time.

Won’t be doing it this time around but good luck to them that do.

Talking out my hole, I've been twice. Saw us win there on the way to the Scottish Cup Final in 2005 but I went in our first season down and saw us get pumped 4-2. Zwick came on for Cammy Bell with 15 to go and the score at 2-2. Proper miserable journey home.

It might be a bit too close to the transfer window opening for new faces to be available but hopefully Johnston and the BoD have been working on some quick deals. Pybus will be a big loss though and hopefully the knock Dobbie took yesterday isn't bad. 

We had 2 in early doors last year

I watched the derby the other night and was surprised how disappointing United looked. They seemed to be lacking any sort of coherent plan.

In Clark and Shankland they have the best two penalty box strikers in the league and in McMullan they have one of the most dangerous wide men in the division yet they didn’t play to their strengths at all. The one time they did play it into the box from a wide area Clark scored a cracking goal.

All fairly irrelevant to this game in which United are clear and obvious favourites, but I just thought I’d share my tuppence worth.

Even if we do make any signings I can’t imagine they will be thrown in from the start. So presumably Kidd will come in for Pybus and Brownlie for Semple if he is fit again.

1 hour ago, palmy_cammy said:

I watched the derby the other night and was surprised how disappointing United looked. They seemed to be lacking any sort of coherent plan.

In Clark and Shankland they have the best two penalty box strikers in the league and in McMullan they have one of the most dangerous wide men in the division yet they didn’t play to their strengths at all. The one time they did play it into the box from a wide area Clark scored a cracking goal.

All fairly irrelevant to this game in which United are clear and obvious favourites, but I just thought I’d share my tuppence worth.

Even if we do make any signings I can’t imagine they will be thrown in from the start. So presumably Kidd will come in for Pybus and Brownlie for Semple if he is fit again.

Totally agree. As soon as the goal was scored they stopped doing everything good & reverted to aimless lobs & punts. The panicked lumps anywhere were inexplicable. I know we hadn't been great for a few weeks but hadn't been that bad. Hopefully its been the kick up the arse they needed, performance wise. 

Clark was hobbling when he went off, so hopefully nothing too bad. Performance wise I hope we keep the ball down and play football, we are so much better when we do, rather than long ball crap.

Any form of result would be an improvement on the last game down there for us though.

Ayr A
Utd H
ICT A

It wasn't unrealistic to think we could have taken 0 pts from those 3 fixtures so to have 3pts already is good going. Given our last result at home and our form, I feel particularly pessimistic saying this but I'd be happy with a point here*. Since we humped Utd at Palmerston they appear to have turned the screw. Pybus is a big loss for and his replacement won't bring his energy to the middle of the park. Am I right in saying Osman will be gone unless he re-signs as well?

Shankland (say this every time he plays us) has yet to do anything other than score a penalty against us so hopefully that continues, though you have to imagine it will change some time. Semple never let him out his back pocket last season so him starting again on Saturday won't be a bad thing.

I'll go 1-1.

* Unless we are 2-0 up.

This really is a very difficult game.
Some Untied players are after revenge for the 4 nil defeat so will really be up for the game .
We will be missing Pybus hopefully everyone else is fit.
If we can somehow get a draw it would be a great result 
Here's hoping for a Queens win if for no other reason than you not reappearing on the thread, much like the Arbroath and Ayr ones.

Given 2nd play 3rd on Saturday, and the unbelievable pumping we took last time at Palmerston, a draw is more than acceptable here imo.

Take something, get back up the road, and we are another game closer to the finishing line, regardless of what happens at Dens.