Hearts vs Airdrie SCR4

cb_diamond

The first half was really competitive and I thought it was a good watch, we gave a cheap goal away but after that it was a really even half. Hearts were trying to play it out from the back but looked an absolute bombscare doing it and kept giving it away, unfortunately we couldn't really create much from it.ย  In the second half we couldn't keep up that intensity and Hearts looked more comfortable passing it around and completely dominated, it was wave after wave of attack.

It was probably an ideal 'new start' for Hearts - a competitive game for 45 minutes and then a confidence boosting second 45. Hard to really judge them as they are obviously a couple of levels above us, but when they got going they looked decent. Naismith ran the game and was a class above anyone on the pitch. On the other hand I think if teams press their back line high they are going to gift goals away, we did the pressing bit but just didn't have the quality to punish them.

For us, not sure the back 3 worked, left loads of space down the sides of our centre backs which they continually exploited and got 2 goals from. Plusย with Naismith always dropping deep most of the time we had 2 centre backs standing spare until someone ran at them, by which time it was too late. Not going to read anything into it thoughย as it was a one-off and worth a try. Weย still saw today the common weaknesses that we have seen this season - poor defending at corners, and midfielders being able to run straight through our midfield/defence without being challenged (East Fife's equaliser last week came from a combination of both these things). And also the lack of a midfielder who can keep us possession for a bit. Anyway, hopefully we can now really push for promotion, get out this league and get ourselves some more matches that the fans will turn out for.

Edited by Diamonds are Forever

1 hour ago, jester said:

Thon Butchers Apron's are an embarrassment right enough. I've no time for Airdrie's elected SNP representative, however SNP MP David Lindenย is an Airdrie supporter and does go to the games.ย 

The flags always attract comments after the games and that is what their owners want but I can confirm that I spoke to David Linden at half time. I knew him when he wasย  a teenage supporter of the Diamonds ands it is good to see he has continued it.ย 

15 hours ago, lulu said:

Edinburgh Police can confirm that Hearts fans who are seeking refuge on Portobello beach after being chased out of Edinburgh today can return safely to their homes ....Airdrie have left the building

ย 

image.png.622605181bf90310d7b238350b904dd0.png

4 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

I was the that game, had the strip as well.ย  If only we had a defender like McLaren now.ย ย 

I was only 6 at the time. I remember a goal being disallowed but that's about it.ย 

Some excellent players in that team and they only finished 5th.

I'm always on the look out for that top. I had the home shirt that season and the weird white Scotland top with the purple flashes across it.ย 

WTF was the Airdrie goalie doing at Hearts 4th goal? He legit looked like he was about to attack the boy who scored.ย 

He appears to be cut from the same cloth as Allan McGregor. A complete fud. Shame he got megged for the last goal. Fanny.

17 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

He appears to be cut from the same cloth as Allan McGregor. A complete fud. Shame he got megged for the last goal. Fanny.

I've never seen anything like that. I get keepers are all a bit mental and prone to tantrums and I thoughtย maybe the boy hit him a whack when putting the ball in the net. But nope, nowhere near him. He actually follows him into the net and rears his hand back as if he's going to hook him while he's on the ground before catching onto himself and realising.

I've never seen anything like that. I get keepers are all a bit mental and prone to tantrums and I thoughtย maybe the boy hit him a whack when putting the ball in the net. But nope, nowhere near him. He actually follows him into the net and rears his hand back as if he's going to hook him while he's on the ground before catching onto himself and realising.

Definitely looked like he was going to skelp Henderson, 19 year old laddy [emoji23] Iโ€™m glad Washington had a word with him, he then got megged and heโ€™ll have hopefully gone to bed still seething but also dumped out the cup.

David Hutton is just a nutter,One game we played at home he ran half the park to have a go at the opposition player who made a bad tackle,As they say you need to be a nut job to be a goalie

A screw loose helps being a goalie. Being a horrible c**t with obvious anger issues isnโ€™t a pre-requisite though.
Itโ€™s fair to say he somewhat irked me.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

WTF was the Airdrie goalie doing at Hearts 4th goal? He legit looked like he was about to attack the boy who scored.ย 

He's been doing that shite for years, used to kick the ball at the goalscorer all the time when our 'keeper

Andy Goram's tee total oddball godsonย 

13 hours ago, NJ2 said:

A screw loose helps being a goalie. Being a horrible c**t with obvious anger issues isnโ€™t a pre-requisite though.
Itโ€™s fair to say he somewhat irked me.

I got that impressionย ๐Ÿ˜‚

As others have said he's a bit of a character.ย  He'd have been hurting the same as the supporters, especially given the tight nature of the first half.

Some of us have a bit more "self control" over our emotions in those situations thoughย ๐Ÿ˜‚