Hearts vs Airdrie SCR4

cb_diamond

Ah well. Thats a decent humping. Pretty unlucky that a few of hearts better players all came back today. Was a bonus game

Airdrie gave a decent account of themselves in the first half but while they were “up for it” one suspected at half time that they would struggle to maintain that work rate and so it proved.

Once the second went in the Airdrie players knew it wasn’t going to be a day for fairy tales and legs will have suddenly felt the mileage from the first half.

Their supporters, nonetheless, seemed to appreciate their efforts and most of them not only stayed till the end to applaud the team

IMG_0699.jpg

Some support from the Airdrie fans. Our fans are very quiet these days. Tried to get a few songs going but it was all very subdued from the Hearts fans.
The one positive I can take from today was the support. I thought the backing of the team was excellent and that view was shared by a hearts fan I was chatting to on the train home.
Thought first half we gave a good accounts of ourselves without really creating a full on chance.
As much as I thought we may tire, I knew hearts couldn't be as bad for the second half as they were the first.
The amount of times in that opening 45 we just took the ball from their defence as they tried to pass it about must be worrying for them, and a better team would have punished that severely.
As per my previous reply, that was an absolute free hit for us, no pressure to gets result at all.
Callum Smith was our best player today, he seemed to cause unrest in the hearts backline everytime he went at them.
Crightons backing off for the 2nd or 3rd was criminal and he should rightly feel that was his fault.
All in all, enjoyed my day out, nice wee change getting the train to a game and while the result didn't go our way, I'll happily concentrate on the league.

1 hour ago, The Tackle said:

Some support from the Airdrie fans. Our fans are very quiet these days. Tried to get a few songs going but it was all very subdued from the Hearts fans.

STUNNED you found Hearts fans weren't really up for a game against some brickies from somewhere beside Coatbridge tbh.

Some absolute creatures in that away support.

1 hour ago, Owsley said:

Are there no Airdrie fans that want to show the saltire? Strange bunch especially when you consider they've elected an SNP MP three GEs in a row.

Thon Butchers Apron's are an embarrassment right enough. I've no time for Airdrie's elected SNP representative, however SNP MP David Linden is an Airdrie supporter and does go to the games. 

2 hours ago, Owsley said:

Are there no Airdrie fans that want to show the saltire? Strange bunch especially when you consider they've elected an SNP MP three GEs in a row.

No I find that the saltire is too divisive,    Union Jack or my preference is actually the Jolly Rodger.....

See you next season

1 hour ago, lulu said:

Edinburgh Police can confirm that Hearts fans who are seeking refuge on Portobello beach after being chased out of Edinburgh today can return safely to their homes ....Airdrie have left the building

BANTERLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Gd one M9.