The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

16 hours ago, Mr X said:

Yes, probably. I thought I'd leave it with the main star wars thread so people could see it had been separated.

I guess, technically, it will be a UK show once Disney+ launches over here

It'll still be a US show surely, like most of the others in there that air over here.

4 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Well that was fantastic, loved everything about it.

Its hard to find fault with it.

One question did bug me a little - given how long Yoda was a jedi master for and how much attention the rebels must have had after blowing up two death stars, how come no-one makes the connection between him and baby yoda?

15 minutes ago, Mr X said:

One question did bug me a little - given how long Yoda was a jedi master for and how much attention the rebels must have had after blowing up two death stars, how come no-one makes the connection between him and baby yoda?

First time you see Star Wars A New Hope nobody really knows about the Force or anything. So I just buy into it.

As for why they haven't put two and two together why this baby green non-human alien is "related" to Yoda or the one female version of Yoda that definitively exists. Maybe they're confused by all the other green non-human aliens that exist.

https://www.starwars.com/news/7-green-skinned-star-wars-aliens

The question that bugged me is when in the 900 year life cycle does a Yoda mature if we're 50 years and still basically a toddler.

15 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

First time you see Star Wars A New Hope nobody really knows about the Force or anything. So I just buy into it.

As for why they haven't put two and two together why this baby green non-human alien is "related" to Yoda or the one female version of Yoda that definitively exists. Maybe they're confused by all the other green non-human aliens that exist.

https://www.starwars.com/news/7-green-skinned-star-wars-aliens

The question that bugged me is when in the 900 year life cycle does a Yoda mature if we're 50 years and still basically a toddler.

Your first point is a good one, however, this is set after Jedi. You would have thought that the Rebels, Luke and his story would be pretty well know throughout the galaxy - including his use of the Force.

In relative terms, he would be about 4 in human years. Obviously, its a little younger but not significantly so

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Your first point is a good one, however, this is set after Jedi. You would have thought that the Rebels, Luke and his story would be pretty well know throughout the galaxy - including his use of the Force.

In relative terms, he would be about 4 in human years. Obviously, its a little younger but not significantly so

They might have known Luke but why would they know of Yoda? This is apparently set 5 years after the Battle of Jakku, so 10ABY. Luke won't start training Ben Solo/Kylo Ren until 15ABY. Right now he's apparently training Leia, learning about the Jedi himself, maybe going around the galaxy scouting for force users for his future school and helping deal with the rest of the war lord Imperials still around. A fairly solitary experience.

Its not really something in public domain. And its not like he's off bragging about it to everyone he sees. Most of the people that would have seen him do extraordinary Force abilities will be dead and so his reputation would be not much different to someone like the Mandalorian in a way.

You went on this impossible mission that meant certain death, how did you do it? Silence.

2 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

They might have known Luke but why would they know of Yoda? This is apparently set 5 years after the Battle of Jakku, so 10ABY. Luke won't start training Ben Solo/Kylo Ren until 15ABY. Right now he's apparently training Leia, learning about the Jedi himself, maybe going around the galaxy scouting for force users for his future school and helping deal with the rest of the war lord Imperials still around. A fairly solitary experience.

Its not really something in public domain. And its not like he's off bragging about it to everyone he sees. Most of the people that would have seen him do extraordinary Force abilities will be dead and so his reputation would be not much different to someone like the Mandalorian in a way.

You went on this impossible mission that meant certain death, how did you do it? Silence.

Yoda was a big part of Lukes story. I find it hard to believe that when people were telling the story of the Rebels defeating the Empire they didnt know about Luke using the Force and, therefore, how he was trained. The story must have spread round the universe, even without Luke going round telling people himself.

Even the mention of a small green guy with weird ears - who used to sit on the rather high profile Jedi council by the way - who could move things with his mind wouldnt make at least someone make the connection.

44 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone got a link to watch this. 

Not that they would share publicly on the forum, of course, cause that would be bad ;) Maybe you'll get a PM from someone

13 hours ago, Mr X said:

One question did bug me a little - given how long Yoda was a jedi master for and how much attention the rebels must have had after blowing up two death stars, how come no-one makes the connection between him and baby yoda?/

I don't think it's that much of an issue.  Obviously the person setting the bounty knows.  Will the others have known about Yoda and what he looked like?  They don't even know what the Force is!

Loved the reveal at the end of Gus Fring with the Darksabre.  So did he kill the leader of the mandalorians or was he a mandalorian at one point?

I don't think it's that much of an issue.  Obviously the person setting the bounty knows.  Will the others have known about Yoda and what he looked like?  They don't even know what the Force is!
Loved the reveal at the end of Gus Fring with the Darksabre.  So did he kill the leader of the mandalorians or was he a mandalorian at one point?
But surely they would have known about the force, that's kinda my point.

16 hours ago, Mr X said:

Yoda was a big part of Lukes story. I find it hard to believe that when people were telling the story of the Rebels defeating the Empire they didnt know about Luke using the Force and, therefore, how he was trained. The story must have spread round the universe, even without Luke going round telling people himself.

Even the mention of a small green guy with weird ears - who used to sit on the rather high profile Jedi council by the way - who could move things with his mind wouldnt make at least someone make the connection.

Not that they would share publicly on the forum, of course, cause that would be bad ;) Maybe you'll get a PM from someone

Most people don't even know about the Force let alone the inner workings of the Jedi Council, or such a thing existing.

People will know about Luke using the Force and being a Jedi. But outwith the Rebel Alliance / New Republic higher ups, how many people do you think Luke is interacting with to explain how he was trained?

And its not like he would of went around telling everyone "I was trained by a Jedi Master named Yoda. Funny little green guy with pointy ears, 900 years old, some sort of species i've never seen before and he never would tell me what planet he was from. Wait, sorry I just gendered them i'm not sure if his species has genders. Also he talked in a weird way. Let me do an impression"

Most people don't even know about the Force let alone the inner workings of the Jedi Council, or such a thing existing.
People will know about Luke using the Force and being a Jedi. But outwith the Rebel Alliance / New Republic higher ups, how many people do you think Luke is interacting with to explain how he was trained?
And its not like he would of went around telling everyone "I was trained by a Jedi Master named Yoda. Funny little green guy with pointy ears, 900 years old, some sort of species i've never seen before and he never would tell me what planet he was from. Wait, sorry I just gendered them i'm not sure if his species has genders. Also he talked in a weird way. Let me do an impression"
Like I said, lukee doesn't have to go around telling his story. He was a majority part in events that effected everyone in the galaxy. People would be talking, asking questions etc.

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:
3 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Like I said, lukee doesn't have to go around telling his story. He was a majority part in events that effected everyone in the galaxy. People would be talking, asking questions etc.

And if Luke isn't talking who's going to be able to answer those questions?

How many people were going about saying Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker. You would of thought Luke was getting dogs abuse for years on Tatooine.

And if Luke isn't talking who's going to be able to answer those questions?
How many people were going about saying Darth Vader is Anakin Skywalker. You would of thought Luke was getting dogs abuse for years on Tatooine.
What questions? All it needs is for some one to know who luke is and something about his training, or haven't heard of or seen yoda before to make a connection.
It's clear even from the first movies that people don't often speak openly about the force. So I have no problem with people not knowing about it. It's hinted in the show that some people have heard rumblings and that makes sense.
Fairly enough.

Just now, Mr X said:

What questions? All it needs is for some one to know who luke is and something about his training, or haven't heard of or seen yoda before to make a connection.

Luke's a legend but he's not walking around with a biographer, he's not having films or TV shows made about him. It's all purely word of mouth. Only a handful would know any of the specifics the likes of Leia, Han etc and there's apparently anywhere from 50-69 million inhabited systems in the Star Wars Universe.

Other than being the guy that brought down the Emperor and a Jedi. What are they meant to know.