The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

1 hour ago, Loki said:

Id have to watch ROTS again, but wasn't R2 with Padme in their house, whilst Anakin was slaughtering younglings?

I think Disney are looking to have a Starwars show on every week of the year.  The Book of Boba Fett starting in December, would be after the Mandalorian slot in the past two years.  Obi Wan to follow that and then Ashoka to follow that.  Depending on what is ready first.  The Bad Batch I assume has been in the works since Clone Wars wrapped.

As for the Russo brothers, well I can see why Disney would go there, they'll make a lot of green.  But there films are quite formulaic, and I thought the Avengers movies were at best 6/10 and nothing new.

I'm far more excited about Taika Watita and Patty Jenkins making  Starwars movies.  

Think you’re correct about R2, but he probably knows him!!!😂

Mando Season 3 has a release date of Christmas 2021 , so it’s quite a bit later in the year than the last two have been, so that either means Season 3 IS The Book of Fett or TBoF is a three or four part mini -series showing just before it!!!

1 hour ago, King Kebab said:

Mando Season 3 has a release date of Christmas 2021 , so it’s quite a bit later in the year than the last two have been, so that either means Season 3 IS The Book of Fett or TBoF is a three or four part mini -series showing just before it!!!

This is the way.

Mando will start Christmas / New Year, after TBoF has a 4 part mini series to get us through December. Id also guess TBoF will pick up a lot of themes from the Underworld series Lucas wanted to do after ROTS.

7 hours ago, King Kebab said:

I guess we will wait and see, my hunch is that mando season 3 and The Book of Boba Fett will be separate.

I paid the years subscription outright and I thought id get through the Simpsons, but im not even through season 10 with that, so no doubt will buy the year again.  Hopefully they will offer a deal when all the subscriptions are due to expire.

Amazing last espisode, in no way did i think they would pull out Luke Skywalker! X wing? - x-wing is a standard ship there's loads of them. Green Lighsaber? - I wonder which of the Jedi has a green lightsaber, Hooded figure?, loads of them. One Gloved hand - Michael Jackson fan?...surely they cant go with Luke Skywalker, surely they wont...ooft it is Luke!

Did anyone else then feel really sad thinking thats Grogu dead when Kylo Ren kills everyone at Luke's Jedi school?

15 hours ago, Loki said:

I guess we will wait and see, my hunch is that mando season 3 and The Book of Boba Fett will be separate.

I paid the years subscription outright and I thought id get through the Simpsons, but im not even through season 10 with that, so no doubt will buy the year again.  Hopefully they will offer a deal when all the subscriptions are due to expire.

My sim only contract with o2 gives me 2 quid off my bill if i take disney+ out as a bolt on, so for 19 quid a month i have disney+ and my phone bill all in one, and with all the new stuff plus the old stuff they have on it I'll defo be keeping that going

16 minutes ago, 54_and_counting said:

My sim only contract with o2 gives me 2 quid off my bill if i take disney+ out as a bolt on, so for 19 quid a month i have disney+ and my phone bill all in one, and with all the new stuff plus the old stuff they have on it I'll defo be keeping that going

Thats a good deal as well.  With all the Starwars content (and for yourself the Marvel content as well) its very good value.  I may even get through the Simpsons by the time this next subscription runs out.

Bit late in watching the finale, but thankfully managed to stay spoiler free. 

I can only echo what's been said already, but that was amazing.  When that X-Wing turned up after a second or two I realised who it was and shouted out "NO WAY!!" to the confusion of my wife as she obviously hadn't twigged yet. 

So I watched the hour long special on the making of season two.  Robert Rodriguez filming the return of Boba Fett in his back garden with his children was both immense and amusing.

They didn’t even mention the return of the Jedi, so I can only assume that will have an episode or special by itself.

What an amazing show. I can't more tot he admiration shown for it as people who know more than me will have put it better but what a fuckin show!

The Dark Saber and Mando being leader now is an interesting step.

On 21/12/2020 at 10:00, honestly united said:

Did anyone else then feel really sad thinking thats Grogu dead when Kylo Ren kills everyone at Luke's Jedi school?

I was thinking about this.

Film cannon obviously has all the younglings who were with Skywalker dying. Given Ahsoka Tano's refusual to train him. The few time he tried to kill people with the force. It would be better if he was confused and was not another uber lightside Yoda type. He was never mentioned in the Sequals but I hope he doesn't end up in the slaughter.

Edited by Busta Nut

Just powered through this over the last week.

Amazing. Absolutely love it.

We have no resolution over what happened with the dark saber and Mando and Bo Katan. We also have no closure over what they did with Moff Gideon.

Also, Mace Windu is dead. He died in ROTS and will never be coming back.

Just finished this. Fucking brilliant. I'm reasonably happy for Disney to pump out garbage main trilogies if they're going to keep producing such excellent quality 'side' projects like Rogue One and The Mandalorian.

Absolutely loved Luke ploughing through the dark troopers, mirroring Vader's corridor scene from Rogue One and how much Moff Gideon was shitting it once he realised who was on the x-wing.