The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

Well I think a fight over the sword will definitely factor in somehow because both Bo-Katan and Paz have claim to it, it's clear Din doesn't want it and can't really wield it anyway, and it hasn't appeared for a few episodes despite being a big plot-line at the end of season 2 and the start of season 3, so it would be weird if it's just forgotten about altogether.

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Well I think a fight over the sword will definitely factor in somehow because both Bo-Katan and Paz have claim to it, it's clear Din doesn't want it and can't really wield it anyway, and it hasn't appeared for a few episodes despite being a big plot-line at the end of season 2 and the start of season 3, so it would be weird if it's just forgotten about altogether.

Does she not get to keep it after using it to save Mando's arse, or does she still have to fight him for it? 

34 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Does she not get to keep it after using it to save Mando's arse, or does she still have to fight him for it? 

Fairly certain that after that scene there was a shot of the sword lying on the ground, and it was quite clearly Din who picked it up.

Like others, I am finding the new season quite dull. So infuriating as with all the goodwill from Season 1 and 2 (and suppose the few episodes in the BoBF) why get it so wrong? The season just seems aimless and wonder who on reading the story arc signed off on it, thinking "yeh that sounds great. will pull them right in". 

For all it's flaws, Kenobi is streets ahead of Mandalorian Season 3, in terms of dramatic arc and stand out scenes. Mandalorian S3 is very much in the BoBF approach to dull story-telling, ironically minus the Mandalorian/Grogu episodes. And given that the team behind S1 and S2 are firmly in place, just smacks of laziness. 

Anyway as for the substance, Bo Katan was wielding the dark-sabre in the second episode of this season. Din Djarin had been defeated in battle by the robot shell creature. Bo Katan defeated that creature in saving Din - therefore does she not now rightly lay claim to the dark-sabre. I couldn't give a monkeys either way tbh but seems important to the show runners......

Edited by KingRocketman II
she

From the opinions on here I don't think Mandalorian is written to satisfy Star Wars geeks, I'm loving it as straightforward entertainment, a mix of comedy and retelling of myths from planet Earth. It probably doesn't have an important role in exploring the Star Wars Universe.

13 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

Anyway as for the substance, Bo Katan was wielding the dark-sabre in the second episode of this season. Din Djarin had been defeated in battle by the robot shell creature. Bo Katan defeated that creature in saving Din - therefore does he not now rightly lay claim to the dark-sabre. I couldn't give a monkeys either way tbh but seems important to the show runners......

And Harry won it the other night when he disarmed Draco at Malfoy Manor.

That was awesome!

The Mandos firing in about the pirates was absolutely tremendous stuff! Loved that.

The former Imperial lassie on Coruscant isn't that former I think. Seems like she's involved with Gideon and they are framing the Mandos for freeing him.

No need for the "Days Since Last Monster Attack" sign on Nevarro! 

I think you're right DA. She just always seems to be there. And she proved in an earlier episode that she can access pretty much whatever she wants. 

Much better episode this week. I think if you are going to run a series on 30-40 minute episodes weekly, then there needs to be a bit of meta-story advancement every week to hold interest. The previous couple of episodes just felt like stand-alone vignettes, and to me that's the sort of thing you include as 'specials', one-offs, Web releases etc. They're a bit incongruent, and while they're not necessarily bad TV in their own right, they don't really help with the flow of the series.

Spoiler

Regards Moff Gideon - Aye I think we're supposed to believe the ex-Imperial is responsible for his abduction from Republic custody, and the beskar fragment an attempt at a stitch up, but then Bo-Katan was missing an armour piece a couple of weeks ago... 

Edited by Boo Khaki

10 hours ago, Swarley said:

I wouldn't say its utter pish. Its certainly not as good as the other two seasons but its still watchable imho. Still a massive fan of the closing credits artwork.

Spoiler

Now the Mondalorian's have united and formed an army, with spacecrafts, it's looking set for a battle against Moff Gideon's forces that have been secretly building up.  And the series will finish strongly.

I really like the episodes where Mando and Bo-Katan are working alongside one another, they make a good team. She's saved his arse a few times too.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER