The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

9 minutes ago, gkneil said:

Ventress is long dead in the Mandalorian, she died in the Dark Disciple book, which is canon, and set just before Revenge of the Sith.

Perfect.  I was just working on the assumption that all written materials was legends, and only what was seen on screen was Canon.  Stand corrected.  

I used to have all the novels but stopped buying them as they got rather shit.  Think I still own the Timothy Zhan books.

Buzzing to see this tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Loki said:

Perfect.  I was just working on the assumption that all written materials was legends, and only what was seen on screen was Canon.  Stand corrected.  

I used to have all the novels but stopped buying them as they got rather shit.  Think I still own the Timothy Zhan books.

Buzzing to see this tomorrow.

Also buzzing. Have you read the new trilogy of Timothy Zhan "Thrawn" novels? They are Canon, compared to his original trilogy that is now Legends.

And there's a new book just released back in Sept which is the start of a Thrawn Prequel trilogy. Not read that.

Edited by gkneil

4 hours ago, gkneil said:

Also buzzing. Have you read the new trilogy of Timothy Zhan "Thrawn" novels? They are Canon, compared to his original trilogy that is now Legends.

And there's a new book just released back in Sept which is the start of a Thrawn Prequel trilogy. Not read that.

The hand of thrawn trilogy was utterly fantastic reading, id have loved to have seen that been made into a disney+ series

9 hours ago, gkneil said:

I have the original Thrawn books plus two hardbacks Spectre of the Past and Visions of the Future.  I have the "Thrawn" book under my tree, but the other three I didn't know about.

15 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

The hand of thrawn trilogy was utterly fantastic reading, id have loved to have seen that been made into a disney+ series

I have to admit I haven't read the 2 Hand of Thrawn books so I'll need to get them done given the above statement.

I've read the original Thrawn trilogy and the latest one with Thrawn, Alliances and Treason. Not read the first prequel yet.

I've enjoyed all the Thrawn-related novels.

Spoiler

STAR WARS DUBSTEP

LUKE. FUCKING. SKYWALKER

Filoni was sensational at subverting expectations and exceeding them exponentially beforehand. The rebels S2 finale saw to that, but getting our Luke Skywalker equivalent of the Darth Vader  Scene in Rogue One like his father before him, is unashamedly OTT fan service and I'm 100% here for it. I almost wanted to cry, the sad b*****d that I am.

Does this mean that Boba 'the Hutt' Fett will need to become a fat b*****d anaw?

Edited by the jambo-rocker

After the seeing stone episode it looked likely the finale was leading to Din's getting a gang together to save the kid, only to need a mysterious Jedi to ride into save the day. I didn't think Luke was possible due to Mark Hamill's age. I was expecting SLJ or some other Jedi from canon i'm not familiar with.

So it took a couple of beats to realise who it was. The X-Wing wasn't enough, the green lightsaber wasn't enough, it was the lingering shot of the gloved right hand that did it and blew me away they were actually going through with it. Thanks to streaming the line between movies and TV is well and truly dead. Just about anything seems possible in the SW universe and MCU.

Din's reveal and goodbye to Grogu saved me thinking about the clunky CGI too much :)

Kleenex sales to go up.

Without spoiling it for anyone who hasn’t seen it can I add keep watching after the credits for an extra scene like in the Marvel movies.

image.gif.5fb370b5e1c3b611c464032d06ed2821.gif

D3E7EF46-FB30-48CB-A244-6C1889300893.gif

Edited by Grover