The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

Is it not more Bo Katan v. Moff Gideon and Ahsoka v. Thrawn that's being set up?

As for this Force Cerebro they're going to, who are the leading candidates from the wider canon? Jedi or Sith.

3 episodes to go. There's this trip to Tython next with Gideon's tracker probably making up the arc for the last couple of episodes. Boba Fett making a proper appearance since there's been no follow up on that yet.

Wouldn't be confident in anyone else bringing in Thrawn other than Filoni. I've been reading the A Certain Point of View collection and loads of authors really have an over-reliance on established characters but this is Filoni's material so I imagine he'll do well with it.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Possibly going to be a third season? 3 episodes to close the story doesn’t seem a lot.

3rd Season already confirmed, and there's quotes around a season 4.

There's also plenty of speculation over spin-offs. Unsurprisingly every name we've seen this season is in the mix for one supposedly. Boba Fett, Cara Dune, Bo Katan, and Ahsoka.

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Is it not more Bo Katan v. Moff Gideon and Ahsoka v. Thrawn that's being set up?

As for this Force Cerebro they're going to, who are the leading candidates from the wider canon? Jedi or Sith.

3 episodes to go. There's this trip to Tython next with Gideon's tracker probably making up the arc for the last couple of episodes. Boba Fett making a proper appearance since there's been no follow up on that yet.

I took it that Mando now has the Beskar spear and armour which can deflect and counter a Lightsabre / darksabre. My guess, Gideon will track them down on Tython, Mando wins then does the shit hot hero thing of handing Bo the sabre and walking into the sunset without looking back or something. Baby Yoda denouncing the force to become the Yodalorian would be quite funny but can see him and Mando splitting up in a super emotional scene to go off to become a Jedi.

The overarching story Gideon chasing Mando for Baby Yoda so that's where I think its going.

Ahsoka wants Thrawn as she's probably still looking for Esra from Rebels. So I'm wondering if Esra is the one that Grok...Goro...baby Yoda will contact, completing the Ahsoka arc in the Mandalorian and her series can be to take off with Baby Yoda and find him.

Or, Bo, Ahsoka and Mando go up against Gideon and Thrawn turns up in a Super Star Destroyer just as its about to go down and that's the end of season 3?

Other wider cannon Jedi? Hmm, well Esra as I've said.

Is Mace really dead? Was he maybe the one that hid Grow...Baby Yoda...and well see him in a flashback?

Yaddle??? Come pick your bairn up!

Cal Kestis is about from the Fallen Order game.

I said Luke Skywalker before but I have a feeling they can't use him for legal reasons? Don't know where I'm getting that from though.

I'm still hoping Kyle Katarn. Make it happen Dave! The Ahsoka fan boys got their wish, now do mine!!

3 hours ago, stevieKTID said:

Another fantastic episode, I've mentioned it previously - it's visually stunning, sometimes shows or movies of this nature can be a bit overwhelming from a visual standpoint but they've got it spot on. 

Yeah, I like the way they don't overdo the CGI.

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Yeah, I like the way they don't overdo the CGI.

Have you watched the documentaries on how they made it?  New technology developed, so there is no green screen at all.  Its definitely worth watching.

Episodes one and five have been perfect, two was shite.  Three and four building the story nicely.  The samurai like battle between Ashoka and whoever she was had me hooked.  A hark back to the hidden fortress roots of the original film.

Its the first thing I do on a Friday after work, make my dinner, grab a beer, turn the lights off and crank up the volume.  Is Taika directing any of the final episodes?  It will be a long wait until 2025.

Have you watched the documentaries on how they made it?  New technology developed, so there is no green screen at all.  Its definitely worth watching.
Episodes one and five have been perfect, two was shite.  Three and four building the story nicely.  The samurai like battle between Ashoka and whoever she was had me hooked.  A hark back to the hidden fortress roots of the original film.
Its the first thing I do on a Friday after work, make my dinner, grab a beer, turn the lights off and crank up the volume.  Is Taika directing any of the final episodes?  It will be a long wait until 2025.
Where can one find this documentary?

7 minutes ago, Mr X said:
9 hours ago, Loki said:

Where can one find this documentary?

Guessing this is Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian which is on Disney+. What's up just now covers the first season, and there will be a second season that starts on Dec 25th.

Just now, Mr X said:
4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:
Guessing this is Disney Gallery: The Mandalorian which is on Disney+. What's up just now covers the first season, and there will be a second season that starts on Dec 25th.

On Disney+... Of course!

If it is this, it takes the format of round table discussion between some of the key players. Each episode covering a particular topic.