The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

I think they've been setting this up since the first episode with Werner Herzog demanding that the Mandalorian deliver The Child. Hopefully the Snoke/Palpatine thing is just a wee reference rather than an important plot point - I'd be more interested in Moff Gideon trying to create Force-sensitive deathtroopers/stormtroopers. 

The whole "remnants of the Empire" stuff and different Imperial factions that are still fighting the New Republic is interesting, and I wish they'd spent more time on that concept than what they did in the sequel trilogy.

In non-Mandalorian news, I've been watching some "essential" Clone Wars stuff. There's still plenty of episodes to work through but its been alright. General Grievous, baby! 

The figure in the tank looked very Snoke like.  

I'm more intrigued by Gideon's very Darth Vader looking outfit and the very Dark Trooper looking figures in the background. 

I think you’re right, I think they are “Dark Troopers”, remember the Dark Forces video game? An excellent story that is now no longer canon but Filoni has previous for cherry picking ex-canon material and making it canon again, Grand Admiral Thrawn is a great example of this, originally canon and then discarded during the great canon purge of the Disney buyout, but put into Rebels and made canon again, I honestly think that that is what he is doing here and the “Snokiness” of the labs Mando and the others found is just a little callback, or at least I hope so!!!

Just watched episode 3 now. The ginger mandalorian gave me the horn

Just watched episode 5 now. The Jedi lassie gave me the horn.

That was the best episode of this season yet for me. Can’t beat a bit of lightsaber action, and it was done superbly. I didn’t know beskar was immune to lightsabers - totally makes sense given the mandalorian and Jedi’s are ancient enemies. I’m going to guess that Mando fights Moff Gideon with the spear. Darksaber vs spear.

7 hours ago, Andre Drazen said:

Don't think that second spoiler is how it's going to turn out. 

Hide contents

I think the season ends with Moff beating Ahsoka

Ahsoka lives beyond this story line. You hear her voice at the end of Rise of Skywalker and was confirmed by Filoni that she was still alive at that point after some folk freaked out thinking she'd died. If I remember correctly. 

Spoiler

Unless you mean Gideon doesn't kill her but just whoops her arse with the Darksabre which may well happen right enough.

My guess is Mando takes Gideon down while Ahsoka goes off for Thrawn and that's what her spin-off is about. Maybe she and Mando will make cameos in each others shows providing Mando isn't killed off.

I also would love if they somehow managed to bring Luke back as one of the Jedi that makes contact with Grogu - even just as a voice through the force when they're at Tython.  Contacting Grogu and explaining what Jedi to look for or something.

Maybe Cal Kestis might make an appearance?

f**k it, let's get Kyle Katarn on the screen - he does destroy the Darktroopers the Emperor creates  in the old EU which would tie in with the previous episode. I loved the Jedi Knight : Dark Forces games!

Great show and could go so many ways!