The Mandalorian

MuckleMoo

1 minute ago, grumswall said:
8 minutes ago, welshbairn said:
Amazon are doing a free week's trial of Disney, is that enough time to watch this without staying up all night?

They're not all up yet so no. If they were it would be ample time though.

Cheers, I'll wait till they're all up and see if the deal is still going then.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Amazon are doing a free week's trial of Disney, is that enough time to watch this without staying up all night?

The week's free trial is available directly with Disney+. No need to go through a 3rd party.

• 4 weeks later...

Darth Maul won the Dark Sabre and if you want to see how he lost it you can watch the last four episodes of the Clone Wars. Absolutely tremendous viewing.

am genuinely intrigued as to what you consider a good series to be and what else you consider to be a steaming pile of shite.......

As someone who is a big Star Wars fan I just felt (like some of the movies) that it was somewhat Disneyfied.

Too much aimed at the bairns for my taste.

26 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

As someone who is a big Star Wars fan I just felt (like some of the movies) that it was somewhat Disneyfied.

Too much aimed at the bairns for my taste.

The Mandalorian was intelligent, very well written and well paced, and character driven - far removed from say the pre-equels. The baby from Yoda 's race could be seen as being a Disney toy ploy but it was clearly crucial to the plot. The JJ Abrams overseen Star Wars movies far less concerned with creating characters in order to sell toys (perhaps with the exception of bb-8) than Lucas was, in my opinion - which is quite something given Disney's involvement. 

Clone Wars, The Mandalorian, Rogue One - all very much up there with Empire and the original film. I also thought Solo was very good. 

Edited by KingRocketman II