West Region Games Off - Saturday 28th December

Kennie

I think half the gate money would have been significantly more than the cost of their bus[emoji848].
Its fairly obvious they had no interest in playing today[emoji17]

Half the gate money would have probably covered their bus that they would have to have hired, so irrelevant 

The whole thing smacks of the very worst excesses of amateur football. I see the talk has already started about a possible Talbot fans stay away to deprive the Rabs of much needed cash when it's played later in the season. Trouble is, we might need to win there in order to win the Super League, and that being the case the Talbot faithful would travel. Hope the League title has no bearing on the game whatsoever because I'd hate to see the club benefit from this.

Edited by TFW

Guest Rob Roy no 1
5 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Yep there's rules and there's common sense.

We’re is the common sense in switching the tie with 24 hours notice

Just now, Rob Roy no 1 said:

We’re is the common sense in switching the tie with 24 hours notice

Wheres the common sense Brian of two teams sitting in the house with a ground playable. Also it won't be the first time a match has been switched in 24 hours. Quicker your away from a progressive top tier the better.

2 hours ago, andy25 said:

I think half the gate money would have been significantly more than the cost of their busemoji848.png.
Its fairly obvious they had no interest in playing todayemoji17.png

Remember the full crowd wouldn’t be paying in as most of the locals going would be season ticket holders so wouldn’t pay to get in . As for some of the quotes below about talbot fans boycotting the next game , that is pathetic but each to their own . Rob roy didn’t need to play the match today as it was their home match , the pitch was unplayable end of story. 

1 hour ago, Juniors supporter said:

Remember the full crowd wouldn’t be paying in as most of the locals going would be season ticket holders so wouldn’t pay to get in . As for some of the quotes below about talbot fans boycotting the next game , that is pathetic but each to their own . Rob roy didn’t need to play the match today as it was their home match , the pitch was unplayable end of story. 

I think Talbot were treating the match as their home game, so the season tickets dont come into effect. What you were getting was a home game at Beechwood with a half gate made up from money taken at the gate, and later in the season you were still getting your home game. I might be wrong but you seem to be the man with all the answers.  Anyway Cumbernaulds pitch was unplayable just like it has been for the last three weeks.