Your favourite moment this decade following your club

Thread title unashamedly robbed from the Premiership forum, simply to remind myself of a time when following Brechin could be a pleasurable experience (from a 3pm to ca. 5pm perspective anyway)

First thought for me would be our playoff final against Alloa. That said, I hated 90% of it. We would go ahead, then blow our lead just minutes later, go ahead again... repeat. There are toe-shaped dents in the corrugated iron walls around the Recs to reflect this and I should know, as I put them there. Then eventually, James Dale steps up to take the decisive penalty, and the rest is history (and misery).

However... considering that seeing Brechin getting promoted to the 2nd tier wasn't exactly a one-off, my genuine answer is Rory McAllister's retaken penalty against (future champions) St Johnstone in 2011. This gave us a half time lead in a Scottish Cup QF and we were just 45 mins from a game at Hampden against somebody that wasn't Queen's Park.  In the end we had to force a replay and ultimately came up short, but that event was particularly memorable nonetheless.

Edited by Hedgecutter
apostrophe-related pedantry

30 minutes ago, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Dead heat for very different reasons. TNS and the 2-1 win against Livi at their place on Xmas Eve. One was just a magical day, the other allowed us to dream.

Any matches involving Clyde or the Failed Franchise losing are worthy of inclusion!

Winning a Cup Final after 13 losing finals...

Stuffing Cove away in the play-offs

Winning at Arbroath as mentioned above. Live on TV in Gaelic too!

Scoring in the last minutes of a ridiculous derby game against Spartans that had red cards, penalties, a world class display by the Spartans keeper, the lot.

Signing that magnificent b*****d Big Joe 

Beating the Mo to get our first league win and against that git Hegarty too 

I wasn't so fussed about the play off final but Shire's hacking annoyed me so winning that game I suppose 

And for pure pettiness Whitehill getting relegated. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

2011 Play off win against Annan what a team that was. 2nd game at Galabank was not good for the blood pressure. Rovers 4-1 up on aggregate at half time -Annan scored to quick goals in the second half . That last 25 minutes is the longest i have ever experienced.

This usurped the 2015 2nd Div Title win which by and large was bought.

4.55pm Saturday 9 March 2013. Ibrox.

The Rangers 1- Annan 2.

Totally surreal feeling at the end of this game after we had lost about 8 in a row before this. Final whistle blew and the  rangers hordes rained a torrent of abuse down on McCoist and his not so merry men. Jim Chapman led all the players over to our corner and took a bow like they had won the World Cup. Happy Daze indeed!!

Still can't believe it happened and regret not bcking Annan at 20/1.