The Roaring 20's

Colkitto

So,as we enter a new decade, what's your predictions for the year ahead?

Will indyref2 happen? If it does will Scotland vote yes this time? 

Who will be the new leader of the UK Labour party? Will Leonard survive in the branch office? 

What sort of Brexit will we have? Will we have a deal or a hard Brexit? 

Will there be civil unrest over Brexit and/or  Scottish independence? 

Any other thoughts or predictions of the year ahead?   

34 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

I don't think it will happen next year.  When it does happen I expect a Yes vote.

Who will be the new leader of the UK Labour party? Will Leonard survive in the branch office? 

Probably a female leader, someone of the Left but maybe not Rebecca Long-Bailey.  As for Richard Leonard, maybe, dunno, who cares?  Does it matter?

Brexit will happen and not much will change at all.  There won't be a hard Brexit, there will either be a deal or some sort fudge about extending the interim period until a deal is agreed.

No.

1 hour ago, Colkitto said:

Yes. But the referendum and result won't be accepted. UK Government will ignore it, but we'll slip them the middle finger and be on our merry way.

Somebody with a Scottish accent to give the impression that we're all one big happy loving family. No.

A brexshit. A hard Brexit dressed up as a deal.

I hope so. The lack of physical violence has been a real let down this decade.

Carnage.

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

The defining question of our age

Shows how irrelevant Labour have become when we couldn't care less on who leads the party here.

It wasn't that long ago when Murphy decided to run for the leadership he was being quoted as a real threat to the SNP and the Yes movement.

Suggest any name from the Labour party as potential leader who could be a realistic threat to the SNP now and in the near future and you would be rightly ridiculed 

Shows how irrelevant Labour have become when we couldn't care less on who leads the party here.

It wasn't that long ago when Murphy decided to run for the leadership he was being quoted as a real threat to the SNP and the Yes movement.

Suggest any name from the Labour party as potential leader who could be a realistic threat to the SNP now and in the near future and you would be rightly ridiculed 

The only decent one I've seen is Neil Findlay - I distinctly get the impression that he is softening up regards IndyRef2 compared to the other talentless zoomers they have - so clearly he'll not get the gig.

Spud Murphy [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yes indy ref 2 will happen it's inevitable. However my concern is the UK govt try and impose a 70s devolution type clause ie. 60% yes and 50% of electorate. If it's same rules as 2014, yes will win easily.

As per previous comments I really don't care tbh, it's an irrelevance unless they are 'yes' leaning.

Some fudged deal will happen by Dec 2020. We are definitely leaving Jan 31 2020

Small demonstrations and pockets of violence from yoons/sevco types after yes vote.

I think it will be a good decade for Scotland..

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

JS73249433.jpg

I reckon Leonard will go around springtime, he's never come across as positive during FMQ's. Who the 11th Scottish Labour leader will be is anybody's guess

As much as I want Indy ref2 I cannot see it happening in the coming year, Alex Salmond's trial will dominate the beginning of the year and over shadow any Independence discussion, with 14 charges against him there's no doubt this will harm the SNP and in turn affect possible new party members.

Boris will bomb, probably by some personal scandal.

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

with 14 charges against him there's no doubt this will harm the SNP and in turn affect possible new party members.

Boris has lived a life of scandals and it's made bugger all difference. The Salmond case will have zero impact on support for independence, as they're 2 completely different things.

I reckon Leonard will go around springtime, he's never come across as positive during FMQ's. Who the 11th Scottish Labour leader will be is anybody's guess
As much as I want Indy ref2 I cannot see it happening in the coming year, Alex Salmond's trial will dominate the beginning of the year and over shadow any Independence discussion, with 14 charges against him there's no doubt this will harm the SNP and in turn affect possible new party members.
I see your point but anyone who makes their decision on independence based on Alex Salmond's potential conviction doesn't deserve to have a vote.

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

...Rise of Green-Hard Right political coalitions in Europe....

What country do you have in mind for that? Only place I can think of where that might happen is the former East Germany, but I think a post-Merkel CDU will eventually grow tired of hooking up with the SPD and start doing right-hard right coalitions with the AfD eliminating the need. 

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

No doubt there will be some Brexit drama but that will all calm down and we'll be fine. There will be a deal.

Not sure we'll have Indyref2 but I'm pretty certain it'll be a much bigger No if we have it this soon.

Who leads the Labour party is irrelevant because the party can't even describe the problem which has seen them out of power for almost 30 years of the last 40, let alone attempt to propose a solution. I particularly like the way they seem to think the left wing shite is still the way to go. Bonkers.

It's going to be a fantastic year but then I have always been a positive person. No doubt endless scores of others will spread poisonous negativity as usual, trying to bring everyone down to their level of unremitting misery, doom and gloom but if you can avoid that type there's always plenty of opportunities waiting to be spotted and stuff to look forward to.

Examples please...

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Whit?

How about you start with the very post you responded to where I clearly expressed a positive personal view of the next 12 months.

As for opportunities always being around, that is always true. Seek and ye shall find. Or don't. It's your choice.

I'm asking you to expand upon your reasons for believing that 2020 will be a 'fantastic year'

I don't share your optimism. Here's your chance to set out the reasons for your belief.

Please share...

Edited by lichtgilphead
speellign