January Transfers...

1 minute ago, BullyWeeLad said:

Heard we are resigning David Hopkirk from Stenny ? signed but never played a game due to personal reasons. We are needing a striker and he is best friendship with Martin McNiff

That would be a blow for Stenny as the times I’ve seen Hopkirk he’s been fairly dangerous. Has good pace and can get goals. They got Spence in but might need more ammunition in order to comfortably beat the drop.

Spence looks very shrewd signing, not seen much of him recently tho, heard hes on decline little bit but still not that old, Hopkirk would be good signing, i would thought some of the league 1 sides would be looking at David Galt  from Queens Park, he looks very good for this level, that pass at weekend something else

2 minutes ago, SuperCowden said:

Spence looks very shrewd signing, not seen much of him recently tho, heard hes on decline little bit but still not that old, Hopkirk would be good signing, i would thought some of the league 1 sides would be looking at David Galt  from Queens Park, he looks very good for this level, that pass at weekend something else

Yeah I think Galt would attract interest from a few clubs too. Shepherd of Edinburgh City also looks a player with quality as does Brian Cameron and Daniel McKay from Elgin (latter on loan from ICT). I think Kane Hester has  talent, real potential and the ability to play at a higher level but I might be alone on that one and as others have said he might get the jail and/or a ban for his gambling antics. 

Connor Smith now back at Hearts looked good for Cowden

Yeah Connor Smith was just coming onto some consistency for us, will be missed now, he was starting to show what he could do, some games i seen him, he looked little lightweight & got pushed off ball a lot, I'll be surprised if Hearts use him, now hes back there, even tho i wish him nothing but the best, I'm glad the Hamilton boy is staying with us, he's been one of our better players this season, I'm hoping the manager is looking at another midfielder or striker going into rest of season, we need one or two, to keep some options, if we want to get this 4th spot & do well in the play off's but I can't complain about how well Cowden are doing this season

stenny January deals>

Ryan Blair – signed from Swansea in November, extended  to the end of the season

Botti Biabi – signed from Swansea in November, still currently under contract

Jordan Armstrong – signed in November, extended until the end of the season

Jonathon Tiffoney – Alloa, signed in November, extended until the end of the season

Greig Spence- signed from Arbroath on an 18 month deal

Bob Wilson – signed from Arbroath until the end of the season

Conor McBrearty – signed from St Mirren on loan until the end of the season

Connor McBride – signed from Celtic on loan, extended until the end of the season

Callum Moore - signed from Dundee, on loan to end of season

Out - Sculion, Anderson, Dykes, Potter

Thought I would post our new signings:

Peter Grant     Morton

Ross MacLean    Falkirk

Jake Davidson Dundee United ( loan)

Craig Slater     Partick Thistle

Stuart Morrison   Dunfermline (loan)

Josh Doig    Hibernian  (end of season loan)

Cammy Bell     Falkirk  18 month contract

Adam King     Dundee United (loan)

Out:

Keiran Summers    Released   (moving to Holland with Job)

Cammy Clark           Annan (on Loan)

Edited by PASSANDMOVE

Peter Grant & Craig Slater very good signings for this level, could you lot not have signed them after the weekends game? lol, still we're doing well, hopefully we get couple in before window closes, even loan signing from higher league

Edited by SuperCowden

Rhys McCabe, midfielder ex Rangers, Sheff Weds, Dunfermline, St Pat’s Athletic signed for City til the end of the season. Played in Europa League qualifiers at start of season so no guarantees but hopefully should have the requisite quality. Onwards and upwards. Seems Mark is picking carefully and selecting quality over quantity, as opposed to the Stenny approach of buying everything that’s out there. (Although would have had Biabi if I’m honest!)

Leaving aside the local picture briefly, heard last night on 5Live that, (implied by defensive club statements) if West Ham were to be relegated from the EPL they would basically be done. Costs of running that stadium etc. Apparently same fine margins wherever you are unless you are the Old Firm or the top 7 in England 

edit Friday morning - Jimmy Scott now also confirmed, permanent til end of next season

Edited by Infirmary Street