January Transfers...

We’re almost half way through the season and fast approaching the turn of the year which means it almost transfer window time!

If you could sign one L2 player for your team who would it be?

Who would you like to see shot off at your club?

Any creditable rumours of who’s signing who in L2?

What players at your club are likely to leave, not extend their loan or contract?

14 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

We’re almost half way through the season and fast approaching the turn of the year which means it almost transfer window time!

If you could sign one L2 player for your team who would it be?

Who would you like to see shot off at your club?

Any creditable rumours of who’s signing who in L2?

What players at your club are likely to leave, not extend their loan or contract?

IN: Shane Sutherland ( I know little chance of that). For me he’s the best striker in the league. Would take Kane Hester too.

OUT: Jamie Redman. 

Rumours: Cove looking for a striker.

GOING: Glass might be going back to Dundee United. Would be a big miss. Not sure if Aird will stay beyond January. Hope no one poaches Fyvie.

24 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

IN: Shane Sutherland ( I know little chance of that). For me he’s the best striker in the league. Would take Kane Hester too.

GOING: Glass might be going back to Dundee United. Would be a big miss. Not sure if Aird will stay beyond January. Hope no one poaches Fyvie.

My heart bleeds. If the worst happens, I’m sure you’ll be able to plug the gap with some other eye-watering, ‘just filling a few spare months in my career before I move back up the way’-type 6 month contract. Would take Redman tbf. 

Taking the OP on its merits, always liked Wilkie now at Annan. We’ve only got 18 heads so I don’t think we can afford to get shot of too many really unless there are credible improvements coming in - hopefully the fighting fund can help with that. Duncanson hasn’t been seen much but is only young and prob only costs £100 pw or sthg so worth hanging onto. Luke Watt might be on reasonable money and again hasn’t been a first pick but again, not sure we can afford to shed many. 

Glass was a standout at the Glebe. Tbh, hope you go up quickly & smoothly as at your best, you are making a bit of a mockery of this level and your leaving would make it more competitive. The only caveat being that some Kelty Hearts, EK or Shire-on-Steroids will likely come in the bottom.

anyway compliments of the season! 

On 27/12/2019 at 21:45, CoveRangers1922 said:

Heard yesterday was Glass’ last home game and he will go back to the Arabs after the SA game in 2 weeks time.

Encouragingly I heard we’ll get another Dundee Utd player as his replacement. Don’t know who though.

Just now, an86 said:

I'd say we need three in. A left back, a midfielder who'll get stuck in and a striker, because we're screwed if Koudier-Aissa gets injured. 

Koudier-Aissa was a stand out for me when I saw him last week against us at Hampden.

Will only take a couple of decent signings to move you up the league

7 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Koudier-Aissa was a stand out for me when I saw him last week against us at Hampden.

Will only take a couple of decent signings to move you up the league

We need to immediately loosen the purse strings and sign our first pro contracts. Given the opportunities that lie ahead for us, relegation would be a massive blow. We can't afford to go with the "ach, we'll be OK" attitude. 

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Everyone is wanting strikers. Where are they coming from?

Will be the usual route of loans from higher clubs, which can sometimes pay dividends, & sometimes clubs just end up with a higher paid dud, aswell as seeing if Highland / Lowland / EoS leagues' best strikers can perhaps be tempted. Looking in the Highland League, whilst there's a few decent strikers who are probably now too old &/or settled in their work & relatively local part-time football lifestyles, youngers lads such as for instance Macrae & MacRae at Brora could easily step up in my opinion. They may of course get that opportunity with their current club, but is anybody knocking on Brora's door to see if a chat might be worthwhile? Scott Lisle at Formartine could be another.

Not a chance we could afford them. We asked about McRae when he was at Forres and he decided to stay in his comfort zone at Forres. The other McRae was looked at before he went to Cove but not sure what happened there. The lad Rodger at Formartine and Fraserburgh lad on loan from Peterhead, name escapes me at moment, would fit in imo but again availability/affordability, I doubt it.

1 hour ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Not a chance we could afford them. We asked about McRae when he was at Forres and he decided to stay in his comfort zone at Forres. The other McRae was looked at before he went to Cove but not sure what happened there. The lad Rodger at Formartine and Fraserburgh lad on loan from Peterhead, name escapes me at moment, would fit in imo but again availability/affordability, I doubt it.

The player we have on loan at the Broch is Ross Willox

8 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Looks like Cove will need to replace that fucking idiot Aird as well.

At what point will that Dumbass Aird have burnt all his bridges in Scotland?  He will probably end up back over here in the Canadian Premier League but f**k is that guy stupid. 

8 minutes ago, kefc said:

He was in training with us before he signed for Cove, no sure we need another winger/number 10

Would agree Kefc.  Although given his pedigree would be hard not to want him.  Surely he needs to screw the nut and get a deal in L1 or Champ.