St. Mirren v Kilmarnock 29/12/19

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

They certainly shelled plenty of balls in his direction, but , for the most part, Foley and McLoughlin dealt with him very well.

Apparently Foley was saying in the club after the game, that he hasn't ever played centre half before yesterday.:lol:

That defence was excellent yesterday given it was a makeshift one with 2 midfielders and McGinn out of position. Foley had the cigars out all game, one of the best signings we've made for a while, and McLoughlin just gets better with every game. Flynn has really improved at right back too - after the first few games I would have preferred McPherson in there but he's looking good in the middle. 

I'll grant you the defence were up against Sow and probably the worst Kilmarnock side I've seen for a number years as others have said. Real lack of dig in the Killie midfield, but the number of players they've lost, as well as Clarke, not surprising it is a downturn. 

Only worry from us, is we should be scoring 3 or 4 in games like that. Missed way too many chances and need to be more clinical- could see how frustrated Junior was. Night and day from last season. 

This isn't having a go at Goodwin at all, but it does concern me that we don't have anyone at the club who could coach the strikers in the art of striking. 
Goodwin's overall squad management seems to be excellent, but sometimes you need a little extra when it comes to giving players in certain positions that confidence. 
You'd imagine someone like Thommo* would be more than happy to do some freelance work once a week or something. 

* I always suspected ST and Jim didn't see completely eye to eye, so it might need to be someone other than Thommo.
Junior Mendes?

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:
9 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:
This isn't having a go at Goodwin at all, but it does concern me that we don't have anyone at the club who could coach the strikers in the art of striking. 
Goodwin's overall squad management seems to be excellent, but sometimes you need a little extra when it comes to giving players in certain positions that confidence. 
You'd imagine someone like Thommo* would be more than happy to do some freelance work once a week or something. 

* I always suspected ST and Jim didn't see completely eye to eye, so it might need to be someone other than Thommo.

Junior Mendes?

Not a bad shout, though I'd say he was more of a wide forward and perhaps wasn't prolific enough. 

I'll get slated for this, but Gus is pals with fat Sally McCoist. Get him in for some consultancy work.

5 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Osman Sow is genuinely the worst footballer I've ever clapped eyes on....and I've saw some utter dross.

Still can't quite believe Killie signed him. Hilarious.

Tbf they've already let him go today so he must've been horrendous in his wee cameo.

6 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Not a bad shout, though I'd say he was more of a wide forward and perhaps wasn't prolific enough. 

I'll get slated for this, but Gus is pals with fat Sally McCoist. Get him in for some consultancy work.

Get McCoist in to organise the players Christmas piss-up, or maybe arrange a team-building ‘Question of Sport’ quiz. Even then, only if he promised to bring John Parrott and Sue Barker with him.

Edited by pozbaird

39 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf they've already let him go today so he must've been horrendous in his wee cameo.

His wee cameo was actually a full 75 minutes (as they lost a man to injury early on) and he was as good as he was for Dundee United in the playoffs against us. Absolutely shite. 

I’d like to see Billy Dodds as a striking coach, he might be a wee fud but he was always effective when he worked with Jim McIntyre.