St. Mirren v Kilmarnock 29/12/19

4 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 1-0

Second half was all St Mirren really, we missed several good chances and should have won by more in the end. Kept waiting for a Killie onslaught that never arrived, they were awful. That’s them just 4 points above us now, they look very catchable on today’s showing.

Been a pretty decent December for us, certainly much improvement on last term. This time last season we had just lost 2-1 to Killie and were in 11th on 12 points, saved from bottom by the remarkable shiteness of Dundee. This year we are 10th with 19 points.

Goody is doing a great job and if we have a half decent January window we will be fine. Would love to keep a hold of McLoughlin in particular, he’s brilliant.

The way he is handling a potentially ruinous defensive crisis speaks volumes of his management. Three players out of position at the back, including two midfielders, yet it's not really had an obviously detrimental effect on results.

It's astounding stuff and, as you say, if we can add one or two in January, there is no reason at all not to be targeting mid-table mediocrity.

If that St Mirren right winger could shoot that would have been 4 or 5. That's the worst I've seen us in a long while, St Mirren completely nullified us and were in a mile of space every time they had the ball. I've no idea how that every time we had the ball they were so tight to us yet we couldn't apply the same thing back to them. Well done St Mirren, fully deserved 3 points. Very worrying times for us at the minute.

Wonderful result in the end, should’ve been more comfortable. Foley was great at centre half with McLoughlin. Wouldn’t even bother bringing back Waters after the break, would be happy to punt him back to Killie. The front 4 all played very well as well. Despite it being a makeshift defence I don’t think anyone looked as if they were playing out of position.
No Stephen McGinn in the team, I presume that he is on his way out. Been a great player for Saints in both spells.

Delighted with all 3 points today mostly down to Killie surprisingly putting in their poorest performance against us in a long while. Tremendous away support as usual, Bankhouse and Spoons were rammed with both sets of fans. A breath of fresh air compared to when the arse cheeks descend.

No surprise that we improved without Waters in the team. I also think Magennis is in much better form now that he’s partnered with MacPherson and doesn’t have Stephen McGinn lumbering beside him.

Foley was immense today, clear MOTM. Flynn had his best game at right back too. Hopefully we can keep McLoughlin for the rest of the season.

Morias is turning into a bit of a cult hero, he caused loads of problems but really should have scored. Andreu drifts in and out of games but his assist was a beauty and he was unlucky not to get another with that ball to Obika. I’d like to see Cooke getting on earlier, he seems to be the most composed on the ball of our four strikers and helps us see games out.

Power was obviously a big miss for Killie but I was shocked by how poor they were in midfield. Branescu was a flappy mess but that save from Andreu’s header was incredible.

Well that was absolutely woeful and we can have no complaints on getting nothing from the game.  We were absolutely clueless and could play for a week and not score any goals. 

I have not been as bored watching Kilmarnock as I have this season for many, many years, and this includes the spell where we won enough games to go 3rd/4th in the league.  It is brutal to watch and today was probably one of the worst performances.  St Mirren could have scored about 6 had they had a bit more composure in front of goal, especially Morais.  

Very rarely do I ever 'boo' any Killie players but I did so at the end of the game today, as that was just not acceptable.  No plan, no structure, and a very poor attitude from quite a few of them.  I didn't see anything from Dyer to think he is the man to take us forward.  As for Gary Dicker he can go anytime, as can Brophy and Sow.  

I also can't work out why Miller is always played down the left when he can't cross a ball with his left foot, as he proved again a few times today. 

The keeper is probably the 2nd worst keeper I have ever seen play for us in over 50 years (Only Dubourdeau manages to beat him). 

Well done St Mirren on winning comfortably, but you'll not get many easier matches for the remainder of the season

Makeshift back four strolled that. Thought Sow coming on would maybe cause them problems due to his physicality but forgot he was shite. His passback was a thing of beauty, almost matched by the Killie player who fell over so decided to grab the ball and award himself a free-kick. Thankfully the linesman was right beside it and wasn't having any of it.

Should have won by a few more and was slightly worried we'd be made to pay for it. Shame Sportscene didn't show the one where Durmus and MacPherson got in each other's way trying to get onto Obika's pass!