Football over the festives

Born&breed

I’ve just noticed that there will be fixtures on tomorrow. Personally I think it’s ridiculous as players & staff should be aloud to spend the Christmas new year off with family & friends. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Cant afford any breaks as too many games postponed already. End of season going to be busy enough. Good to get back to a little bit of normality before Hogmanay.

Guest Mr Happy
Yokers ground isn't much fun too visit at any time...

I’ll let the Yokers ground bit go [emoji23] otherwise I tend to agree with you, new shed coming soon ( much needed) and the car park could do with a good levelling out. Plus I’m not fan of the artificial pitch.

[emoji846]

I’ll let the Yokers ground bit go [emoji23] otherwise I tend to agree with you, new shed coming soon ( much needed) and the car park could do with a good levelling out. Plus I’m not fan of the artificial pitch.

3 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

I just read it as "the missus" wasn't "allowing" him to go to the fitba.

Correct he's under house arrest and is lashing out in every direction. If he ain't going, none of us are allowed to go. 140 years worth of Junior history at the festive period to be consigned to dustbin. Sad really coz good chance he's 50+ and totally henpecked.

9 hours ago, Mr Happy said:

I’ll let the Yokers ground bit go emoji23.png otherwise I tend to agree with you, new shed coming soon ( much needed) and the car park could do with a good levelling out. Plus I’m not fan of the artificial pitch.

New Shed!!!

Heavy respect.

And of course knowing the ground it will be side on to the pitch. Nothing worse than one shed behind the goals. Except maybe no shed.

18 hours ago, Born&breed said:

I’ve just noticed that there will be fixtures on tomorrow. Personally I think it’s ridiculous as players & staff should be aloud to spend the Christmas new year off with family & friends. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

You should write to UNICEF, it's high time this barbaric practice was ended. How much longer will we allow young men to play football for nearly two hours at this important time of year?

23 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

You should write to UNICEF, it's high time this barbaric practice was ended. How much longer will we allow young men to play football for nearly two hours at this important time of year?

Even more so when we could all be enjoying sitting in the carpark of the local supermarket bored out our skulls wondering how many loafs do we really need.

Can't believe folk are actually complaining about games being on at this time of year...a few years back there were complaints about no fixtures being scheduled under the old regime.

For every person that won't be able to go on account of family commitments and so on, there will probably be two or three who are at the stage of climbing the walls to get out the house. 

There's only so much shite TV you can watch and shite food you can eat.

7 minutes ago, Hillonearth said:

Can't believe folk are actually complaining about games being on at this time of year...a few years back there were complaints about no fixtures being scheduled under the old regime.

For every person that won't be able to go on account of family commitments and so on, there will probably be two or three who are at the stage of climbing the walls to get out the house. 

There's only so much shite TV you can watch and shite food you can eat.

We digress, but there's a lot of quality telly on now. There's Netflix, Amazon etc, but I recommend On the Buses and Carry on films.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

We digress, but there's a lot of quality telly on now. There's Netflix, Amazon etc, but I recommend On the Buses and Carry on films.

Ah, now we're talking. The only issue I have with holiday Carry On films is that they only ever seem to show the same half-dozen or so...there's some classics that hardly ever seem to get an airing, like Follow That Camel, Spyng, Screaming or At Your Convenience.

1 minute ago, Hillonearth said:

Ah, now we're talking. The only issue I have with holiday Carry On films is that they only ever seem to show the same half-dozen or so...there's some classics that hardly ever seem to get an airing, like Follow That Camel, Spyng, Screaming or At Your Convenience.

Dick is on ITV 3 now.

21 hours ago, Born&breed said:

Yesterday was a normal working day for many, as will Monday and Tuesday. Why not play?

I remember not so long ago you didn't have blank weeks over Christmas and New Year, you played and benefitted from increased attendances.

Edited by Burnie_man