Football over the festives

Born&breed

6 minutes ago, Born&breed said:

I’ve just noticed that there will be fixtures on tomorrow. Personally I think it’s ridiculous as players & staff should be aloud to spend the Christmas new year off with family & friends. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Used to have games on Christmas day!

A Saturday 3 days after Christmas doesnt seem unreasonable IMO

Will be good to get out the house and to a game tomorrow

I’m with you mate boys shouldn’t be playing on the middle sat ...not jist for players and management... committee members to 

playing on sat b4 Christmas then committee hv to make sure all the stuff is ready during the Christmas week 

totally understand about fixture build up ie. but I’d rather hv a game at end of season 

Ano fixtures will change in due course but us at neilston at present dnt hv midweek fixture I’d rather that than play tonoro

Play the games for me. It's a Saturday, it's three days after Christmas Day and four days before New Year's Day. We'd be moaning if there were no games in my opinion. It would be different if Boxing Day fell on a Saturday like next year, but there is no issue this year in my opinion. This is not amateur or kids' football, it's semi professional football, so get the games played.

14 minutes ago, Born&breed said:

I just think the lads should be aloud off over the 2 weeks for all their hard work over the season probably all of the boys have a full time job aswell. They should be aloud a 2 weeks blow out on the sauce.

As @glensmad has pointed out, if a player doesn't want to play games at this time of year, then they don't have to sign a professional contract; and if the clubs don't want to play, they could have proposed this at the AGM and they haven't.

Get the games on. Nice to get out of the house at this time of the year.

Guest Mr Happy
I just think the lads should be aloud off over the 2 weeks for all their hard work over the season probably all of the boys have a full time job aswell. They should be aloud a 2 weeks blow out on the sauce.

Good point, until you said ( a two week blow out on the sauce ) 2 weeks on the sauce, and one has a drink problem,

I know of at least one player that’s working over Christmas & new year, he’s working today and expected to play tomorrow, family man too.

I’ve just noticed that there will be fixtures on tomorrow. Personally I think it’s ridiculous as players & staff should be aloud to spend the Christmas new year off with family & friends. What’s everyone’s thoughts?

Nonsense, can’t wait to get out the house to a game of football!!

3 hours ago, Born&breed said:

Sounds like a statement from the Waltons everyone round the dinner table for 2 weeks eating  ,singing and dancing around the Christmas tree . Get the fitba on !

Guest Mr Happy

Personally I can’t be bothered going down to Largs tomorrow. I’d rather spend tomorrow with the grandkids [emoji106]
Now if it were a home game ( 5 min away) the grandkids would be with their Gran [emoji23]. Largs is a trip too far tomorrow.
Good luck the Bankies [emoji6]

1 hour ago, Mr Happy said:

Personally I can’t be bothered going down to Largs tomorrow. I’d rather spend tomorrow with the grandkids emoji106.png
Now if it were a home game ( 5 min away) the grandkids would be with their Gran emoji23.png. Largs is a trip too far tomorrow.
Good luck the Bankies emoji6.png

Other side of the world :)

Try going to New Cumnock :(

Guest Mr Happy
Other side of the world [emoji4]
Try going to New Cumnock [emoji20]

Ayrshire isn’t a place to visit in the winter [emoji23] ( not much fun in the summer either [emoji5] but it’s usually warmer [emoji23]