Pride of Lanarkshire v Cuddly Wee Accies

46 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

Are you happy watching this piss?  Under these 3 jokers get used to it.  Shit football and no intention of improving it.

Feckin happy clappers.

Take it you weren't there? That was a sensational second half and Rice deserves huge credit for changing the formation when it clearly wasn't working. Agree with what's been said about Scott McMann, even during our poor spell today, he was the one shining light.

Edited by Owsley

f**k Sake. 

That's one of the biggest collapses I've ever seen from us - the 2nd half performance would have seen a lowland league side tank us - I don't think we played a single forward pass on the ground. The early goal was probably a bad thing in retrospect as the cigars were out and we saw what happened next. 

Accies were excellent from the 20th minute on - they should feel aggrieved that they didn't give us a proper doing. 

We can't really complain sitting 3rd at the end of the year - but three points today would have all but sealed a top 4 place I think and so it's a bit of a sickner to end a great year on.

25 minutes ago, Hammyton said:

Yes I was there.   I have seen players score screamers at all levels, does not make them good players.

One game does not make that clown a manager.  Him and the 2 with sewed up pockets can f**k off.

What an attitude to have after a comeback like that.

On another note, does anyone know how many Accies took? That's as big a home support as I can recall for a derby. Thought we maybe had 500 but having seen a couple of clips on Twitter, that seems optimistic.

Didn't take long.

Game over as we won't score.
I was saying....

Complete arse collapse from the Well in the 2nd half as we came back for a thoroughly deserved 3 points.

Could have been more if not for Gillespie tipping Moyo's shot over & us being denied a stonewall penalty.

With other results that's a cracking 3 points for us, keeps us in touch with the teams above us while also leaving Hearts marooned 5 points adrift.

A good afternoon to finish this decade's football on [emoji837][emoji836][emoji837][emoji836][emoji837][emoji836][emoji837]

10 minutes ago, Owsley said:

What an attitude to have after a comeback like that.

On another note, does anyone know how many Accies took? That's as big a home support as I can recall for a derby. Thought we maybe had 500 but having seen a couple of clips on Twitter, that seems optimistic.

Quite - what a miserable fucker. 

What a chance missed given other scores today. 

Christ knows what happened but we were awful from about the 25th minute onwards and had no response at all to the fact that Accies were starting to o control the game and the goals when they came were inevitable. Accies looked like Barcelona compared to us. 

However it is written that whenever we have an above average and expectant support - we sh1t the bed more often than not. 

Cannot complain with 3rd and best start to a season points wise for some 50 years (not sure if that takes into account 3 points for a win however). 

Should certainly give the players a kick up the arse. Play like that against Dundee and we can forget about a cup run next year. 

Disapointed but at least I am still not as miserable as Hammyton. 

Dread to think about the hit our finances will take from missing out on the red and white pound.

Motherwell obviously shat themselves at half time in fear of losing the Red & White pound.

Shame our Boxing Day performance was so bad it probably stopped us selling the place out tbh.

I went to the game today in hospitality as a neutral although in the company of both Well and Accies fans. Thought after the first 15 minutes Motherwell were going to blow Hamilton away but after the goal they seemed to fall out of it slightly. Hamilton improved as the half wore on but at half-time the general consensus was that the game was a given for the Well. They looked comfortable at the back with the Accies offering next to nothing up front and struggling to retain possession in the final third.

Night and day in the second half. Clear from the first minute that Accies we’re going to press the ball and it worked a treat. Motherwell just couldn’t get going and in the end the result was fair and well deserved.

Though the boy Mugabi has a cracking first half but struggled a bit 2nd. albeit to be fair so did most of the Well boys. The No17 has a shocker and was rightly hooked.

Off the pitch, really impressed with the hospitality setup at Fir Park. Well looked after, food was great and the MC was a great host. Good day out all things considered. Fair play to the Accies and good luck to both teams for the New Year.

I’d expect Motherwell to comfortably finish in the top 6, probably 4th, which is a successful season by any measure. Hamilton on the second half showing will have enough to stay up again. Fair play.

First of all, congratulations to Accies - they completely deserved their win. I can only assume that second half performance was out of character for them otherwise I couldn't understand how they are where they are in the table. As for us, that was the worst performance I've seen in a long while and we just weren't at the races in the second half when Accies had us under siege before the equaliser. Even after that we offered very little and the winning goal was definitely coming.

I should have realised it was coming when it was obvious we had our biggest support in a good while. Oh well, those who don't normally attend are unlikely to be at the next game on that showing.

After a strong start when it looked as though we would go on to put the game to bed, we just started to look complacent and gradually handed over control. Having recently had a strong bench,I  just couldn't see any options there that were going to improve things and our substitutions had no impact. It just goes to show a few injuries can have an effect and we could be doing with some new faces. Ah well, let's see what the transfer window brings.

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Motherwell obviously shat themselves at half time in fear of losing the Red & White pound.

Shame our Boxing Day performance was so bad it probably stopped us selling the place out tbh.

Our tactic of deliberately letting Accies pump us at Fir Park once a season to make sure the Red and White Pound keeps coming back is genius.