Pride of Lanarkshire v Cuddly Wee Accies

1 hour ago, santheman said:

Problem is a lot of  the Accies support are more interested in not puting any money into Motherwells coffers than supporting their own team (which is fair enough I suppose)

Just as well we don't reciprocate.

Think this time it might be more to do with the product on the park ....ie we are shite ...

3 hours ago, G51 Red said:

Think this time it might be more to do with the product on the park ....ie we are shite ...

I've never known the Accies  support to be so so depressed going into a game versus our neighbours across The Clyde in my 43 years watching us.The St.Johnstone result has sealed many months of turgid displays made worse by Brian Rice going 'full Martin Canning' in recent interviews.

Wee note for Brian Rice...never go full Canning.

Many won't travel as they expect a humping  by three or four, but even although we have had terrible performances,we rarely lose by more than a goal.

We have been in this position before against our neighbours and the result has went completely against what many predicted.Some of these games have produced great memories:coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2_after three goals in the last 20 minutes; ending a 20 game Motherwell unbeaten run beating them 1-0 and even a few years ago an injury time Ali Crawford penalty to snatch a draw from a certain defeat.

Unlike our neighbours who are run for the fans(although £24 for Adults is OTT),our Owners care more about their jobs for the boys and local junkies and the like and the disconnect between fans and club is illustrated by the big decline in support from the Alex Neil era which must now be over 50% judging by attendance in the home end.

I'll be there,not expecting much but a fighting performance whether or not Rice makes the usual arse of team selection.The players deserve our backing-not the Manager of Owners.

Holidays are over for me, so I'll be missing this game.  Anything better than a 4-0 defeat will be a major upset.  I've had the joy of watching us twice recently, at Livingston and then the St Johnstone game - so I haven't had the pleasure of seeing an opposition keeper making a save yet.  I'll be surprised if the Motherwell keeper is called into action for this game, tbh.

9 hours ago, Ye Olde Hamiltonian said:

I've never known the Accies  support to be so so depressed going into a game versus our neighbours across The Clyde in my 43 years watching us.The St.Johnstone result has sealed many months of turgid displays made worse by Brian Rice going 'full Martin Canning' in recent interviews.

Wee note for Brian Rice...never go full Canning.

Many won't travel as they expect a humping  by three or four, but even although we have had terrible performances,we rarely lose by more than a goal.

We have been in this position before against our neighbours and the result has went completely against what many predicted.Some of these games have produced great memories:coming back from 2-0 down to win 3-2_after three goals in the last 20 minutes; ending a 20 game Motherwell unbeaten run beating them 1-0 and even a few years ago an injury time Ali Crawford penalty to snatch a draw from a certain defeat.

Unlike our neighbours who are run for the fans(although £24 for Adults is OTT),our Owners care more about their jobs for the boys and local junkies and the like and the disconnect between fans and club is illustrated by the big decline in support from the Alex Neil era which must now be over 50% judging by attendance in the home end.

I'll be there,not expecting much but a fighting performance whether or not Rice makes the usual arse of team selection.The players deserve our backing-not the Manager of Owners.

I noticed one supporter highlighted this on the Accies forum claiming Motherwell were more or less robbing away fans. I sit in the Cooper stand opposite and it’s exactly the same price for home fans. It’s actually dearer for motherwell fans at Accies and for supporters with children a hell of a lot more.

Edited by Yorky