Pride of Lanarkshire v Cuddly Wee Accies

On form, this is surely a home win banker. We are flying just now, but do have a few injuries creeping in and had a tough trip to Dingwall yesterday.

Cole is rumoured to have already left to head back to Wigan and Long is struggling with injury. One bonus is that it could see Scott through the middle, rather than out wide. Gallagher and Hartley have developed a great partnership at the back so no real concerns there.

Would be disappointed not to pick up the 3 points. Would put us on 40points before the winter break, which would be outstanding!

On form of course a home win but we do drop a clanger at home at times when we are expected to win. I worry that we are lightweight up front at the moment and although we are winning games the opposition really have missed some guilt edged chances in just about every game. There really is not that much between everyone outside the old firm with no other team standing out so on the day anything can happen.

3 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

3-0 Motherwell. I shan’t be in attendance unfortunately.

Can’t justify paying any more money to watch our team struggle to get a shot on target before rice subs off a striker for a centre half to keep the game at 1-0 to the well.

Rice out.

I always find it a shame that Accies never bring that many for the Derby games, given it’s so close the away attendances are really poor. For me it would make for a far better atmosphere if the away stand was a little fuller.

I think the lowest numbers we've taken across since we got our first recent promotion in 2008 was the first derby of last season ( Steven Boyd's amazing winner). Usually one club or the other tweets the exact crowd split but Accies have been reluctant to do that these past two seasons. That day it was 377 according to Well. Many regulars are giving this one a miss so it could be in the low 300s.

Our best recent away numbers were 671 for the cup tie in 17/18.

2-0 Motherwell.

We picked up 3 wins in a row before the Rangers defeat and have had two wins at Kilmarnock and Ross County since. Accies at home would seem the most straightforward of the run of 3 games but I've learned not to take anything for granted as far as Motherwell are concerned. If we can put another 9 point run together it would be some ending to the year. Anyway, looking forward to it and then out in Hamilton for a few beers afterwards.

3 hours ago, Yorky said:

I always find it a shame that Accies never bring that many for the Derby games, given it’s so close the away attendances are really poor. For me it would make for a far better atmosphere if the away stand was a little fuller.

We don’t have many to bring ....

This would be the kind of game we'd typically go into with high expectations and fall on our collective arse. This season I think we've got too much about us for that to happen. It won't be a comfortable victory but we'll get there. 2-1 Well.

12 minutes ago, Yorky said:

Not the biggest attendances but given the distance surely a bigger percentage should be possible.

Problem is a lot of  the Accies support are more interested in not puting any money into Motherwells coffers than supporting their own team (which is fair enough I suppose)

Just as well we don't reciprocate.